Will "unified" Catholics be backing Mother Miriam?

Luke 4:16
He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

What do you think the good news was that He proclaimed?

And it was a fair question, considering your post #61:

He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom. He stood up to read, 17 and the scroll of the prophet Isaiah was handed to him. Unrolling it, he found the place where it is written: 18 “The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

The above is from post 92 of this thread, in which the author of the above quote, couldn't resist making mary the topic instead of what Christ was doing.

Jesus' purpose and mission was for the very purpose of handing out salvation to all who are willing to believe the gospel message. And people who believe the gospel message today. It wasn't hard for people in bible times to accept Jesus' testimony, for what He preached was spoken in the OT Scriptures. To those who did believe, the promise of salvation was given to them, based on faith in who Jesus claimed He was.
Mary in no way detracts from her Son. In fact, she said, "Do whatever He tells you." She was the woman in whom the Incarnation took place, bore the Son of God, raised Him and followed Him all through his earthly ministry to the very foot of the Cross. She was also present in the upper room at Pentecost. For some reason that, being the first and best of followers of Jesus, doesn't seem like much to Protestants. One almost wonders if they feel threatened by her, judging their animosity to even having her name mentioned (to which they respond with the small "m").

because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

He didn't proclaim it there, not the standard Protestant line. What He did say is that He was the One they have been waiting for.

No, we both know that Protestants can't help saying this repeatedly, despite no proof in Catholic teaching to back their claims.
Do YOU pray to your Mary thing in the hope that she'll arm-twist her SON into doing what you want??? IN SPITE OF THE FACT that Jesus TOLD YOU to pray to Father in His NAME.

What part of that SIMPLE INSTRUCTION didn't you understand???

What's your Catholic Work around??

A new day said:
because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, 19 to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.” Then he rolled up the scroll, gave it back to the attendant and sat down. The eyes of everyone in the synagogue were fastened on him. 21 He began by saying to them, “Today this scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.”

He didn't proclaim it there, not the standard Protestant line. What He did say is that He was the One they have been waiting for.
what's the standard Protestant line?

why didn't Jesus read all of what was on the scroll?

Mary in no way detracts from her Son. In fact, she said, "Do whatever He tells you." She was the woman in whom the Incarnation took place, bore the Son of God, raised Him and followed Him all through his earthly ministry to the very foot of the Cross. She was also present in the upper room at Pentecost. For some reason that, being the first and best of followers of Jesus, doesn't seem like much to Protestants. One almost wonders if they feel threatened by her, judging their animosity to even having her name mentioned (to which they respond with the small "m").

No one disagrees that mary was chosen for the task of bearing a son. What we do disagree with is giving her praise and worship, that only belongs to God. You have done nothing her but praise her to the hilt in the above quote, not just merely recognizing that she conceived a son. Veneration is giving God's glory to another no matter how major or minor. The Isaiah passage is God, Himself telling us point blank, that all forms of veneration of others is unacceptable forms of worship.

Isaiah 42:8
I am the LORD, that is My name; And My glory I will not give to another, Nor My praise to carved images.

The Rcc, just steps right over and ignore's what God, Himself has said; that He will NOT share His glory. Your institution gives her more honor and respect than it does God as evidenced on how Rc's respond to posts here on carm.

Every human, has knowledge of God, and the knowledge of right and wrong. The coming judgment, and the sensing of what is to be done about the coming judgment. These are hardwired into every human. And so, all are responsible to get it right, and if not they will not be with the Lord in eternity. Scripture in both the OT and the NT explicitly defines Jesus as the person who all peoples are to go through to receive eternal life.

If your faith and trust is in mary to make you right with God, you will be sorely disappointed in the next life. For all Scripture points to faith and trust in Jesus alone to redeem us. Jesus is our Creator and redeemer.

Rc's claim to believe in Jesus, but any time we mention Him or bring Him up, the conversation is quickly diverted somewhere else. Why is that?

What I said was that when mary and Jesus' brothers went to take him away from the crowd, He did NOT go outside to them. Instead He said,
Scripture says VERBATIM

Matthew 12:46-50
While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, “Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you.” 48 He replied to him, “Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?” 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, “Here are my mother and my brothers. 50 For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

As for zaccharaeus, receiving salvation.

Luke 19:1-10
Jesus entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 A man was there by the name of Zacchaeus; he was a chief tax collector and was wealthy. 3 He wanted to see who Jesus was, but because he was short he could not see over the crowd. 4 So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore-fig tree to see him, since Jesus was coming that way.

5 When Jesus reached the spot, he looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down immediately. I must stay at your house today.” 6 So he came down at once and welcomed him gladly. 7 All the people saw this and began to mutter, “He has gone to be the guest of a sinner.” 8 But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, “Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house,

The above is from Scripture, verbatim-- all there in black and white. The Rc's claims to give us the bible, but then you come back and say... no it doesn't say that... Read it for yourself.
True enough. . . . todays Roman Catholics soothe themselves with their own opinion that few things in Scripture are really black and white. They see doctrinal issues, moral questions and Christian principals all cast in hues of gray. No one is supposed to draw any definitive lines or declare any absolutes. Every person is encouraged to do what is right in his own eyes - and yet, that's exactly what God forbade!

True enough. . . . todays Roman Catholics soothe themselves with their own opinion that few things in Scripture are really black and white. They see doctrinal issues, moral questions and Christian principals all cast in hues of gray. No one is supposed to draw any definitive lines or declare any absolutes. Every person is encouraged to do what is right in his own eyes - and yet, that's exactly what God forbade!
So how is it that you know what all Catholics think? Is it good to ascribe such power to oneself?

No "ascribing of power" is being done. Your argument is unwarranted. Nobody's buying it. You simply don't like to be reminded of the Roman Catholics basic presuppositions about reality, knowledge, and ethics.
You don't know what people think unless you have some power of God. Do you?

Hey Pilgrim... still waiting for you to answer Bob's question in post #165...amongst others. Maybe you are waiting on Catholic answers to give you direction. Or maybe CA doesn't know. Just wondering.

What's God's absolute authority? What you say the Bible means? You are your own authority. Every Protestant is their own authority. You deny the only authority established by Christ whereby He founded a visible society on earth to teach, rule and scantily man.
Yes we have seen how cruel and murderous it is when the RCC rules. What do you me scantily man?

It isn't worshipping her to give her a capital M. I note that you capitalise the name Satan. If Satan isn't worth demoralising with a small s but Mary is, it gives me at least pause to wonder about the spirits at work here.

Evidence provided here, here and here.
Oh the grammar police. You pick up on spelling errors and grammatical errors. You would have been one of the prefects that pick up on every error students make. There is an RC who posts and never uses capital letters for names. Yet you don't seen to get upset by that. I mean he doesn't even capitalize Jesus' name.

Back