The "one Lord" in reference to Jesus being YHWH (1 Corinthians 8:6)

John stated both are Yahweh, yet not the same person!

1) Could you please quote the verse(s) where John states that.

2) Could you please provide YOUR definition for "a person".

I define "a person" as "a spirit or human being" and I define "a being" as "a sentient living thing".

1 Corinthians 8:6
yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him (NASB)

Although sometimes referred to in order to demonstrate the Lord Jesus is not God, 1 Corinthians 8:6 does in fact teach the Lord Jesus is God (YHWH).

Immediately after Paul affirmed the "one Lord" in 1 Corinthians 8:6, the Greek word for 'consience' (syneidesis) is used several times in 1 Corinthians 8. Thus, Paul's use of both 'Lord' and 'conscience' is linked. This is very important because Paul returns to associating the 'Lord' with 'conscience' in 1 Corinthians 10.
1 Corinthians 8:6 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 8:7 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 8:10 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 8:12 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:21 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:22 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:25 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:26 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:27 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:28 'conscience' (syneidesis)
1 Corinthians 10:29 'conscience' (syneidesis)
The 'Lord' in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is therefore the same 'Lord' (in reference to Jesus) in 1 Corinthians 10:21, 22, 26 where 'conscience' is employed in the same context several times. In fact, Paul specifically affirms wounding another believer's conscience involves sinning "against Christ" (1 Corinthians 8:12). Furthermore, the expression "things sacrificed to idols" (or something very similar; cf. Greek: eidōlothytos) in 1 Corinthians 8 is also used in 1 Corinthians 10 in connection with the 'Lord'.
1 Corinthians 8:1 'things sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 8:4 'things sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 8:6 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 8:7 'sacrificed to an idol' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 8:10 'things sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 10:19 'a thing sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)
1 Corinthians 10:21 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:22 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:26 'Lord'
1 Corinthians 10:28 'sacrificed to idols' (eidōlothytos)

Paul's usage of the "Lord" in 1 Corinthians 10:22 is drawn from Old Testament passages in reference to the worship of the Lord (YHWH) in contradistinction to the worship rendered unto idols ("provoke the Lord to jealousy").
Exodus 34:14-15 - YHWH's name is 'Jealous'/the eating of idolatrous sacrifice is involved.
Deuteronomy 4:24-25 - jealous/provoke
Deuteronomy 6:15 - this theme of jealousy is in relation to the one Lord (YHWH) of Deuteronomy 6:4.
1 Kings 14:22-23 - provoked/jealousy
Psalm 78:58 - provoked/jealousy

Instead of worshiping idols, the believer is to worship Jesus as being the 'Lord' (YHWH).
Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' Mark 12:29-30 NKJV

Jesus answered him, “The first of all the commandments is: ‘Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' Mark 12:29-30 NKJV

That is correct. The Shema forbids the worship of any other but God alone.

Since the Lord Jesus is the proper recipient of worship demonstrates He is God.
https://forums.carm.org/threads/deuteronomy-6-4-5-only-one-time-is-necessary.7427/

Jesus taught that true worshipers worship only the Father (John 4:21-24). Those who say that Jesus must be worshiped as God, are contradicting Jesus...they have invented a religion with a strange god, that no original follower of Jesus Christ knew, that no Israelite/Jew has ever known, and that no one in the heavens recognizes as god.

Jesus taught that true worshipers worship only the Father (John 4:21-24).

The same Greek word for "worship" in John 4:24 is properly used in reference to Jesus in John 9:38.

Since you are a Jehovah's Witness you should enjoy this:
The Watchtower: The man that had been sightless from birth and whom Jesus had healed said in answer to the question, "Dost thou believe on the Son of God?" "Lord, I believe," and then worshiped Jesus. (Judgment Day For Jehovah's Vindication, June 15, 1947, Vol. 68, No. 12, page 185)

Last edited:
When Jesus mentions the Jewish Shema, he mentioned the included name; he was not superstitious, and had enough authority to mention the personal name of who is his Father and God. Did Jesus change the name of who should be worshiped when he mentioned the Jewish Shema, or did Paul change it the times he referred to the same text that says "God is One"?

Don't you know what GOD IS ONE means? Trinitarians changed the Scriptures; they do not worship the same God.

When Jesus mentions the Jewish Shema, he mentioned the included name; he was not superstitious, and had enough authority to mention the personal name of who is his Father and God. Did Jesus change the name of who should be worshiped when he mentioned the Jewish Shema, or did Paul change it the times he referred to the same text that says "God is One"?

Don't you know what GOD IS ONE means? Trinitarians changed the Scriptures; they do not worship the same God.

You ignored post 266 because your assertion concerning John 4:22-24 was a total flop.

John 4:21 Jesus said to her: “Believe me, woman, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, because salvation begins with the Jews. 23 Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for indeed, the Father is looking for ones like these to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”
25 The woman said to him: “I know that Mes·siʹah is coming, who is called Christ. Whenever that one comes, he will declare all things to us openly.” 26 Jesus said to her: “I am he, the one speaking to you.”

Trinitarians are unable to realize what Jesus' words to this Samaritan woman mean. They're so into their own fantasy that they don't understand a thing.

Jesus is the very Lord that spoke to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden!

Jesus taught that true worshipers worship only the Father (John 4:21-24). Those who say that Jesus must be worshiped as God, are contradicting Jesus...they have invented a religion with a strange god, that no original follower of Jesus Christ knew, that no Israelite/Jew has ever known, and that no one in the heavens recognizes as god.
The Father commands all created being to worship Jesus, in same way they Worship the father!

Yahweh is Jesus' Father is he not? If Yahweh is Jesus' father and Jesus is Yahweh, then Jesus is his own father. How about you quote a verse from the scripture saying ...as Jesus is Yahweh, as are the father and Holy Spirit, yet but One God.
Asinine assertion. Jesus is The SON of The Father.

Well, we have Thomas calling Jesus his Lord and God, and Paul said we have one Mediator, the man Christ Jesus!

I have asked others in another thread, but I would like to know YOUR answer...

1) Does the "one Mediator" refer to "the man Christ Jesus"?

2) Is the "one Mediator" Divine?

I answer Yes to both questions.

divine (definition 1a)... of, relating to, or proceeding directly from God

I believe whereas God created a spirit and soul for each of us, the human spirit and soul of Jesus is a morphe of God (of, relating to, and proceeding directly from God).

Last edited:

I believe whereas God created a spirit and soul for each of us, the human spirit and soul of Jesus is a morphe of God (of, relating to, and proceeding directly from God).
IOW The one mediator is BOTH Divine AND a Man.

Jesus is eternally word of the father, Himself very God!

Back