How does a Christian know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a fallacious argument and you know it. Does the RCC consider Hebrews inspired? Yes. If it didn't then you might have an argument. You don't. Does the RCC argue their priests can forgive sin based on John 23:20? It does. Does any apostle give witness or testify they forgave sins in Scripture? No. They don't.
Just because the Catholic church accepts it as the inspired word of God doesn't make it a fallacious argument. It shows that your rule doesn't apply to all Christian beliefs.

What we do see in scripture and throughout history is issues concerning the Christian faith have been settled through church councils.

Why should I believe you over that of the church council?

I have no reason to lie. That can't be said about the RCC. It's claim of being God's only representative, authoritatively, on earth gives it great motivation to lie to keep catholics in the pews and its coffers full. That said, I'm not the only Christian to speak out against the heresies in the RC system so it's not like you are ignorant of these debates that go back centuries. I would tell you the same thing I wrote to Misfit. I care about your eternal soul, where you will spend eternity and interact with you in the love of Christ.

Just because the Catholic church accepts it as the inspired word of God doesn't make it a fallacious argument. It shows that your rule doesn't apply to all Christian beliefs.

What we do see in scripture and throughout history is issues concerning the Christian faith have been settled through church councils.

Its a red herring comparing inspired Scripture to heretical claims such as Mary as the mother of God.

I have no reason to lie. That can't be said about the RCC. It's claim of being God's only representative, authoritatively, on earth gives it great motivation to lie to keep catholics in the pews and its coffers full. That said, I'm not the only Christian to speak out against the heresies in the RC system so it's not like you are ignorant of these debates that go back centuries. I would tell you the same thing I wrote to Misfit. I care about your eternal soul, where you will spend eternity and interact with you in the love of Christ.
Could you list for us the heresies that you consider endanger our eternal soul? Thanks.

Its a red herring comparing inspired Scripture to heretical claims such as Mary as the mother of God.
It is showing how your rule doesn't work. You can't claim scripture alone as the final/sole authority for the Christian faith when we don't see it in scripture or throughout the history of the Christian faith. We see issues concerning the Christian faith being settled by church councils, from the first church council recorded for us in Acts 15 all the way up to Vatican II.

- and we can't show any apostle claiming that the book of Hebrews is the inspired word of God.
Of course once again throwing doubt on the Word of God by an RC. We all notice our it is only RCs who throw doubt on what is the word of God, no one else. It is not boosting your claims. In fact, it proves the RCC values its man made words about those of God. Who is more trustworthy God, who never lies or an institution that lies.

It is showing how your rule doesn't work. You can't claim scripture alone as the final/sole authority for the Christian faith when we don't see it in scripture or throughout the history of the Christian faith. We see issues concerning the Christian faith being settled by church councils, from the first church council recorded for us in Acts 15 all the way up to Vatican II.
No it is not showing that the poster's rule doesn't work. It shows that RCs will go to any length to prove their false beliefs, as far as destroying the word of God. Your councils are full of lying men, the Jerusalem Council had nothing to do with your evil institution. That council would never hide sin, would not pray to the dead, would not accept sexual sinners, rapists etc.

You just admitted He was 100% God. That's good.

And then you quickly contradict yourself. Not good.
Misrepresenting the post of another is bearing false witness. Not accept a title that RC uses does not mean we do not accept who Jesus was. That title excludes the fact that Jesus was human, it is a misrepresenting of Jesus' humanity.

And what did I say that wasn't true?
Specifically that Mary (the real one - not the Catholic Thing) "Assisted Jesus in Man's redemption".

Mary apparently didn't have much idea of what was even going on with Jesus and tried at least once to STOP His ministry. What She (The real Mary) did was agree to be the physical Mother for the only begotten Son of God, and to raise the child in the jewish manner, which she did properly. Rome wands to make their "Mary thing" in to an object of worship - which ONLY BELONGS TO JESUS.

IMAGINE THE IDIOCY of petitioning a physically dead jewish gal in order to get God to do something we want Him to do!!!!

What source are you using for you statement?
Oh historical sources and the behaviour of the RCC throughout the centuries. I mean the Romans persecuted the real church, and the RCC persecuted real believers.

I do not agree on the fact that the RCC was ever part of the real church, if it was it would never have acted for the Roman empire as it did. In fact, only a handful of bishops ever went to the Nicaea council.

Of course once again throwing doubt on the Word of God by an RC. We all notice our it is only RCs who throw doubt on what is the word of God, no one else. It is not boosting your claims. In fact, it proves the RCC values its man made words about those of God. Who is more trustworthy God, who never lies or an institution that lies.
No, we don't doubt God's word. It shows that your rule doesn't work for all Christian beliefs.

Specifically that Mary (the real one - not the Catholic Thing) "Assisted Jesus in Man's redemption".

Mary apparently didn't have much idea of what was even going on with Jesus and tried at least once to STOP His ministry. What She (The real Mary) did was agree to be the physical Mother for the only begotten Son of God, and to raise the child in the jewish manner, which she did properly. Rome wands to make their "Mary thing" in to an object of worship - which ONLY BELONGS TO JESUS.

IMAGINE THE IDIOCY of petitioning a physically dead jewish gal in order to get God to do something we want Him to do!!!!
You ruin your credibility but making false statements. The Catholic Church has never wanted to make Mary an object of worship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back