Hallelujah and Hare Krishna

Actually, the last thing I'm doing is goading you.
You selected a user name with the first letters that perfectly matched the letters of the title of the creator of the universe. That didn't take much to notice that.
You then spent the entirety of your very first post on this forum criticizing a complete stranger, using key terms to set yourself up doing what you criticize me of doing.
So, instead of playing games with you, I've stepped aside and think it'd be the most effective use of your experience and expertise to simply engage in what you think is a more mature, more intelligent, more proper use of explaining the truth.

I have no problem with others engaging in discussion about biblical topics. Instead of telling me that you don't like how I do things, it strikes me that you should simply start posting yourself, and show us the "proper" way to do it.

You never needed any permission to do so.
Just do it!

Have a great afternoon and evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that G.o.D. used his very first post, and you're jumping on his bandwagon, I find myself wondering if you have started a new user, and posted it yourself.

Especially since you have been critical of me from the beginning.

So, allow me to show you the actual post from former president Teddy Roosevelt, at 112 years ago.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. Shame on the man of cultivated taste who permits refinement to develop into fastidiousness that unfits him for doing the rough work of a workaday world
. Among the free peoples who govern themselves there is but a small field of usefulness open for the men of cloistered life who shrink from contact with their fellows. Still less room is there for those who deride or slight what is done by those who actually bear the brunt of the day; nor yet for those others who always profess that they would like to take action, if only the conditions of life were not exactly what they actually are. The man who does nothing cuts the same sordid figure in the pages of history, whether he be cynic, or fop, or voluptuary. There is little use for the being whose tepid soul knows nothing of the great and generous emotion, of the high pride, the stern belief, the lofty enthusiasm, of the men who quell the storm and ride the thunder. Well for these men if they succeed; well also, though not so well, if they fail, given only that they have nobly ventured, and have put forth all their heart and strength. It is war-worn Hotspur, spent with hard fighting, he of the many errors and the valiant end, over whose memory we love to linger, not over the memory of the young lord who “but for the vile guns would have been a valiant soldier.”

So, thank you for clarifying your position.

You're more than welcome to come follow Jesus for yourself and show us the right way to do it. But don't sit on the sidelines and play the armchair quarterback or Sunday football armchair referee.

SteveB said:
You selected a user name with the first letters that perfectly matched the letters of the title of the creator of the universe. That didn't take much to notice that.
Edit
I don't recall saying anything about your reasoning.
Looking back at my post, I was pretty clear. You quoted me explicitly saying that you selected a user name....

Actually you did. And this is exactly why I asked you to show me, by doing it yourself, in the manner you believe is the most effective, appropriate, and right way to do it.

I'm not bothered by someone doing it differently, better or worse.

I am bothered by critics who have nothing but their criticisms about the way I'm doing it.

Since I'm quoting Teddy Roosevelt today, he also said,
"Complaining about a problem without posing a solution is whining." I'll dial the whining thing back a bit and call it complaining.

I don't have time for either whining or complaining.
It's not helpful nor is anything productive achieved.

So, if you actually think you can do it better, please do.
Don't explain it, just do it.

Let me observe you in action.

Well, that's what happens when you step into a pile of crap and blame others for your doing so.

??‍♂️

That's common sense 101.
Well, since you have decided that you know my thinking and reasoning, you definitely need to be the one doing this.
Because the last I checked, only the True and Living God actually knows my thoughts, and reasoning.

Daily. Often several times a day. I even ask him to make sure I get it right.

Have you?
Because if not, then I would wonder why you believe you have a right to criticize me.

It's not a combat arena.
Definitely not "mine."
So, I'm thinking that the problem here isn't me, but your assumptions and preconceptions about me, and this forum.

Then by all means, feel free to be the fire marshal. Because I'm seeing someone who is acting like a pyromaniac believing they can do it better, but refusing to engage, while continuing to complain without posing a solution.

So...

If you feel better about yourself telling me what a failure I am, and then refuse to demonstrate how much better you are at this, I'm thinking that you're exactly what Teddy Roosevelt said.

I'm not goading you, trying to drag you into anything. But you need to be very clear about this.

If you're not going to demonstrate a more effective and efficient approach, so I can observe your methods, them I will ignore your complaints and criticisms. I'll treat you exactly as Paul said to Titus.
And you can feel free to do likewise.

"Reject a divisive man after a first and second admonition,"

It's good you can admit your opinions are cheap.
I never thought they were of infinite value.

I do however have confidence that YHVH's opinions are of infinite value, worth, and importance.

I encourage you to take the time to find out before you die.

I never thought they were of infinite value.

I do however have confidence that YHVH's opinions are of infinite value, worth, and importance.

I encourage you to take the time to find out before you die.
Thanks for your, cheap, opinion.

Welcome, supposed "Half-ex-half-new Christian." Allow me if you will to comment on your hypocritical and pharisaical evaluation of the behavior of Steve. Steve and I have had our doctrinal differences, but I have never seen him engage in anything close to the condemnation of an individual as I see you doing here. If you really were that concerned about how Steve's behavior might turn people from Christ you would have private messaged him instead of putting your high horse smugness against smugness on display for all to see. I think we worry too much out how these CARM atheists perceive Christianity in terms of "bad behavior online." I seriously doubt if any of these mostly arrogant atheists who like to pose as strong iconoclasts are going to read a Steve post and say, "Steve's being rude. I therefore don't believe Jesus rose from the dead and I therefore reject his Christ." Most of them try to cultivate an image as a disillusioned sage when in reality they have yet to rise to the level of illusion from whence they claim to have emerged, and so might need to be taken down a notch. It's just an internet discussion board for me, a place to air out my inner beliefs, since I would feel rather sissified keeping a diary. It's just CARM for crying out loud, not a doctrinal thesis for God to grade as an entrance requirement into the Kingdom of God.

You and I have no idea how Steve conducts himself in the REAL world, which CARM is not. He may rival Mother Theresa in his giving of comfort and support to those who are oppressed. And even if he doesn't, God is his judge, not you. And yeah, you can turn this around and say that I am now doing the same to you that I say you did to Steve. So be it.

Post deleted.

You are now a CARM provisional user. You were required at sign-up to read the rules. Based on your first 4 posts, you have broken them 4 times. This is now the fifth.

Rule 12

Attacking people:

No name-calling, insults, or mockery of a board poster/member. No negative comments of any sort concerning any board poster/member/moderator/administrator. The rule applies only to forum posters/members. Posters are personally responsible for any comments made on persons, not members of the forum.

Do not discuss a board poster on the forums/visitor messages/chat, do not comment using their user name, and, most importantly, no disrespectful comments about our Lord.

Do not post any message that harasses, insult, belittle, threatens, or flames another guest personally. Using other websites/forums/chat to attack CARM users if documented to admin will result in immediate Suspension to all parties involved in bullying and gossip of any CARM user.

Do not discuss a forum poster on the discussion boards/messages/chat, and do not attempt to moderate a forum poster’s correct behaviors. Stick to the topic of discussion.

Send alerts to moderators if noted rule violations.

You may discuss or disagree with another member’s belief system/group per the forum’s topic, but there will be no personal attacks on the member himself or herself.

No negative comments of any sort concerning a board user, do not quote or misquote a poster in signature or body of message unless linked to the full context of the quote as a copyright issue, since only Super Members may link in the signature, quoting of users in signatures not permitted for the average poster. Feel free to quote posters in the body of messages to a thread as usual to using quote feature responses with context, do not misquote users, do not discuss or gossip about a forum poster. Again, if you begin a new thread with a poster quote, you must link to the original quote in context. Do not use vulgarity, which includes abbreviations of vulgar terms, offensive nicknames, attack, or insult a poster with nicknames. If you alert mods to a misquote, you must link to the original quote for the alert to be considered.

The numerous accusations of “you are lying” or “you are a liar” or “that is a lie” will stop and no longer permitted on our forums to accuse posters

Rule 25 Freedom of Speech.

Freedom of Speech:

Your freedom of speech here comes with the responsibility to speak decently within the parameters of the rules.

In other words, by registering, you agree not to be vulgar, divisive, insulting, profane, etc. (read all the rules). It helps to try and treat others as you want to be treated. And just as you want people to treat you, treat them in the same way (Luke 6:31).

You have NO unspoken right to speak in a perverted, offensive, profane, foul, or blasphemous manner. This is a Christian website, and you may not post words in mockery of Christian beliefs or terms offensive in descriptions of our Lord God. You may certainly challenge Christian teaching but do so respectfully.

Includes all the Secular Forums, politics as well. Most Evangelical Christians attempt to reach posters through social-political issues, such as homosexuality, abortions, transgender. Be aware, referring to conservatives/Christians with the “racist,” “homophobic,” or “bigot” comments, or any insults for their political positions related to their Christian beliefs, will result in infraction points and suspensions. This is a Christian website. If you want to promote liberal propaganda, take it elsewhere. Christians on the forums permitted their free ideas and opinions on social issues and will not have to tolerate insults, divisive comments from the more liberal posters. Homosexuality/Lesbian/Transgender topics are restricted to Secular forums.

There are many diverse opinions expressed on the CARM boards. But,
CARM is not responsible for the opinions posted by anyone on the CARM discussion boards.

CARM does not stand for censorship, but if you break the rules, expect a consequence.

....... as he comments further.

Congratulations. Irony of ironies. You just blew off more steam than Old faithful at its peak. I guess you jettisoned any "state trooper" inhibitions, eh? I guess you are figuring your tirade is, as you say, a reflection of Jesus' character. Here's where you can tell me that YOUR indignation is righteous, similar to Jesus' overturning of the tables, whereas Steve's is ungodly wrath.

Sorry buddy, I know your plan was to come in here and show all the atheists what an open-mind Christian you are, but I'm not buying it. Steve's not the one rhetorically foaming at the mouth.

Interesting.

I find it curious that all the posts of yours have been deleted by mgmt.

So, let's see if we can carry on a mature conversation.

As your initial post has been deleted, I'm going to use @stiggy wiggy 's comment, regarding your comment about half ex half new. As I recall, you'd stated that you're seeking to escape from the false beliefs and cling to the truth.

Following this issue, everyone who comes to Jesus will experience this issue at some point in their lives.

You are not alone in this.

I grew up in a denominational church, and by the time I was 11-12, 50 years ago now, I left.

Several years later, I actually met Jesus.
Over the next several years, I began experiencing the cleansing of my former beliefs, from childhood.

As we read in 2 Corinthians 10:4-7, and Jeremiah 1:10.

When we come to Jesus God removes our false beliefs and assumptions about him, and plants and builds in our lives and our hearts and minds the truth.

As he said in Isaiah 28, he does so, "line upon line, precept upon precept. Here a little, there a little..... line upon line, precept upon precept."

So, take the time, make the effort to learn, and grow in Christ.

Jesus told us-

Mat 11:28-30 WEB 28 “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Paul describes it as

Rom 12:1-2 WEB 1 Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 2 Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Our lives are changed by God's Word and the power of His Spirit.

Interesting.

I find it curious that all the posts of yours have been deleted by mgmt.

So, let's see if we can carry on a mature conversation.

As your initial post has been deleted, I'm going to use @stiggy wiggy 's comment, regarding your comment about half ex half new. As I recall, you'd stated that you're seeking to escape from the false beliefs and cling to the truth.

Following this issue, everyone who comes to Jesus will experience this issue at some point in their lives.

You are not alone in this.

I grew up in a denominational church, and by the time I was 11-12, 50 years ago now, I left.

Several years later, I actually met Jesus.
Over the next several years, I began experiencing the cleansing of my former beliefs, from childhood.

As we read in 2 Corinthians 10:4-7, and Jeremiah 1:10.

When we come to Jesus God removes our false beliefs and assumptions about him, and plants and builds in our lives and our hearts and minds the truth.

As he said in Isaiah 28, he does so, "line upon line, precept upon precept. Here a little, there a little..... line upon line, precept upon precept."

So, take the time, make the effort to learn, and grow in Christ.

Jesus told us-

Mat 11:28-30 WEB 28 “Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Paul describes it as

Rom 12:1-2 WEB 1 Therefore I urge you, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service. 2 Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.

Our lives are changed by God's Word and the power of His Spirit.
Thanks for your, cheap, opinion.

Back