15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

This is a problem that occurs nowhere else in the world with anything like the frequency it does in the US. Gun laws in the US are unlike those anywhere else in the world. Are you suggesting that mental health in the US is also like nowhere else in the world?
An old and frequently cited headline about America's gun carnage and mass murders from the Onion:

"'No Way to Prevent This', Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens"

No one is talking about making gun ownership illegal, except for those who somehow think they are being persecuted.

What is being proposed are common sense gun safety laws.
Like what? My guns are safe. Unless you point them at someone and pull the trigger.

Your guarantee is worthless.

Big cities are full of death and gun violence. The media refuses to publish anything where gun control is already in place and not working.

Anyone that would shot a child in a classroom setting is evil. Horribly evil. There is always more than one cause to most anything. You myopic view is inadequate and weak.
Gun control in a specific locale has limited effect if that locale is surrounded by places with lax gun laws, and if it is impossible to keep people from bringing guns anywhere.

The only thing that would work effectively is a national law.

I am sure you recognize this with respect to your restrictive abortion laws, as women will just go to a different state.

Because I want to. I like to shoot and for protection. Do I need a reason? Must I justify myself to you or anyone else??
No, I am not trying to press you or justify yourself to me. I am seeking to understand.
It is just that I grew up in an area where no one had guns and never thought to get one, so I don't understand why anyone would, except maybe for hunters.
I do not get the need to own guns that seems so visceral. Completely foreign to me.
That is why I asked.

No, I am not trying to press you or justify yourself to me. I am seeking to understand.
It is just that I grew up in an area where no one had guns and never thought to get one, so I don't understand why anyone would, except maybe for hunters.
I do not get the need to own guns that seems so visceral. Completely foreign to me.
That is why I asked.
Fair enough. I like to target shoot and I like them for protection. I don't carry one whether concealed or open carry. I'm just not comfortable doing it. I have no problem with either although I think open carry is kind of dumb. You make yourself a target. If I carried I would conceal it. I would have to feel threatened in someway before I would consider carrying though.

Fair enough. I like to target shoot and I like them for protection. I don't carry one whether concealed or open carry. I'm just not comfortable doing it. I have no problem with either although I think open carry is kind of dumb. You make yourself a target. If I carried I would conceal it. I would have to feel threatened in someway before I would consider carrying though.
OK, thanks.
Protection against what? Do you live in a dangerous area with lots of crime, or an isolated area with coyotes, etc.?
I have lived in cities or close in suburbs all my life, but never had a gun or thought to get one.

It is disconcerting to go to a museum in another state and see a sign asking visitors to leave their guns in their cars!

Just a quick question; when did the blood and the bodies of your children become an acceptable price for you to be able to own guns?

Gun control in a specific locale has limited effect if that locale is surrounded by places with lax gun laws, and if it is impossible to keep people from bringing guns anywhere.

The only thing that would work effectively is a national law.

I am sure you recognize this with respect to your restrictive abortion laws, as women will just go to a different state.
Why are some Marxist left wingers obsessed with gun control?

You are closed minded anti guns and have no intention of understanding people left wingers despise.
That is why I asked.
Pro-deathers really are not about protecting lives

OK, thanks.
Protection against what? Do you live in a dangerous area with lots of crime, or an isolated area with coyotes, etc.?
I have lived in cities or close in suburbs all my life, but never had a gun or thought to get one.

It is disconcerting to go to a museum in another state and see a sign asking visitors to leave their guns in their cars!
Protection from anyone who would do me or my family harm.

Yes, those are called soft targets.

No one is talking about making gun ownership illegal, except for those who somehow think they are being persecuted.

What is being proposed are common sense gun safety laws.
Can you guarantee that the laws you propose would have stopped the Texas or any shooting.

I did not say that the name of the shooter was not released, I said that most of the more recent reports only refer to him as "the shooter" without providing his name.

My point is that your experience and mine growing up is vastly different. I recognize there are locality differences in gun ownership in the USA, but you insist that your experience is representative of the country. Which is clearly wrong.
Your experience was an outlier. You lived in a sheltered little bubble and want to force the rest of us to experience it.
The fact is that there are about 400million guns in America which is more than there are people. If the number of individuals owning guns has declined, then that means the number of people with major arsenals, like you, accounts for most of those guns, and frankly, this is scary.
Again, gun ownership was higher decades ago than it is now. Which refutes your assertions that it is guns that are the problem.

As to your personal paranoia about what other people do in their private lives, I suggest you consult a shrink to overcome your issues.
Suicides are legitimate gun deaths.
No, it isn't.
When access to a common method of suicide is removed, then suicide rates decline.
As we can see in numerous countries with little to no access to guns, that is patently false.
My concern is with gun deaths as a whole, as well as mass murders. Your focus on mass murders is only to allow you to claim that proposed gun control measures won't stop those.
No, your concern is controlling the abilities of the rest of us to defend ourselves and exercise our constitutional rights.

You are using the still-warm bodies of dead children to push a gun control agenda that has nothing to do with their deaths. It's sick.
Well, gun control measures in other controls work well to severely limit gun deaths of all types, so you are wrong.
Patently false. You've not been able to give us a single proposal that would have stopped this shooting. Zero. You weren't even able to defend your list against criticism or answer any of the questions asked.

And yes, the claim that the Texas gunman is transgender is something found on RW conspiracy sites, like 4chan, and is something YOU brought up:
No, it's something found on Twitter, you twit.
And yeah, these claims come from far RW groups and their social media sites, so we know where you get your "information".
More lies from vibise, what else is new?

Back