15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

The first bill that Trump signed from the Republican Congress was to undo Obama's restrictions on gun ownership by mentally ill patients.
You guys are still pushing this lie? How pathetic. The ACLU called and said you're full of crap.

We also know that Republicans are opposed to expanding healthcare services, and in fact want to decrease them. They have been blaming gun deaths in America on mental illness for years if not decades, so what proposals have they suggested and what policies have they passed to improve mental health services in America. None.

This concern of theirs is baloney and is only meant to divert attention to the fact that they are not going to anything at all to address gun violence.
I take this as your tacit admission that you realize you were either wrong or lying when you claimed there was no data to support mental health being the issue. I gave clear an incontrovertible evidence, and you cannot address it. I bet you didn't even read either of the links, you're so full of baloney.

Can you guarantee that the laws you propose would have stopped the Texas or any shooting.
All you have to do is look at all the other developed countries of the world and see what laws they have about gun ownership. They certainly don't have the problems we have. So yes, and argument can be made that gun safety laws work.

In our own country, when Connecticut enacted tougher gun laws, gun deaths went down.
When Missouri loosened their gun laws, gun deaths went up.

So yes, gun laws do effect changes.

Gun control in a specific locale has limited effect if that locale is surrounded by places with lax gun laws, and if it is impossible to keep people from bringing guns anywhere.

The only thing that would work effectively is a national law.

I am sure you recognize this with respect to your restrictive abortion laws, as women will just go to a different state.
Here the poster shows her advocacy for a super strong federal government at the expense of the states.

All you have to do is look at all the other developed countries of the world and see what laws they have about gun ownership. They certainly don't have the problems we have. So yes, and argument can be made that gun safety laws work.

In our own country, when Connecticut enacted tougher gun laws, gun deaths went down.
When Missouri loosened their gun laws, gun deaths went up.

So yes, gun laws do effect changes.
That was not my question. You are ducking again.

You guys are still pushing this lie? How pathetic. The ACLU called and said you're full of crap.

I take this as your tacit admission that you realize you were either wrong or lying when you claimed there was no data to support mental health being the issue. I gave clear an incontrovertible evidence, and you cannot address it. I bet you didn't even read either of the links, you're so full of baloney.
I am not saying that I disagree that mass murderers have mental health issues. What normal person would do such things?

My point is that Republicans have no intention of doing anything to increase mental health access or services. They never have and never will. they only talk about it with respect to gun violence because they have no actual concrete policies that actually address gun violence, and they think diverting attention to mental health will mollify people. People who then won't notice when they actually cut medical access including mental health.

I provided a link to support my claim. You did not.

Back