15+ Dead In Texas School Shooting; 18-y.o. student Salvador Ramos Identified As Shooter

When they manage to actually defend freedom, yes. Sadly that's become less frequent in recent decades.

I didn't quote any Republicans, nor support any Republican statements, nor any conservative statements. I didn't support anyone's statements other than my own.

I made a statement of my own. You claimed there was no evidence. You were given the evidence, and now you're flopping around desperately trying to avoid the disproving of your falsehood.
You made a statement blaming mass killings on mental health.
I am calling you out on that, as you have failed to explain what that means in terms of policy.
When I pointed to a bill that disallowed mental health patients from having guns, a bill that was repealed by Trump, you said it was a bad bill.
So what would be a good bill that would address how to keep guns out of the hands of violent, mentally ill people?
Your side has no solution to that. No proposals. No nothing. Just a diversion from the real issues.

And sure, you claim not to be a Republican or a conservative, but you vehemently support most if not all of the major conservative Republican positions on hot-button issues like guns, abortion, transgenders, etc. You doth protest too much.

Newest reports say 18 students dead (3rd and 4th graders), 1 teacher, several in critical condition including the grandmother.

The shooter purchased 2 assault weapons on his 18th birthday.

Why should an 18 year old be able to purchase such deadly weapons.

Actually, who needs to own such weapons?
None of your business who owns what. My constitutional rights are not dependent on your fears.

I am calling you out on that, as you have failed to explain what that means in terms of policy.
When I pointed to a bill that disallowed mental health patients from having guns, a bill that was repealed by Trump, you said it was a bad bill.
So what would be a good bill that would address how to keep guns out of the hands of violent, mentally ill people?
Your side has no solution to that. No proposals. No nothing. Just a diversion from the real issues.

And sure, you claim not to be a Republican or a conservative, but you vehemently support most if not all of the major conservative Republican positions on hot-button issues like guns, abortion, transgenders, etc. You doth protest too much.
Gotta love how you simple mindedly pigeon hole Gond into a category he opposes.

So it sounds like the gunman roamed around outside for at least 12 minutes, before he found the unlocked door and entered without challenge (a change in the story police were telling earlier that officers had confronted him and shot at him). The police were called 2 minutes into that 12 minutes of roaming. The police didn't actually breach and shoot him until 90 minutes later.

When my UberEats driver has a better response time than the police, that's pretty sad. But highlights the fact that we cannot rely on, or count on, the police to come and save us.

And then the police literally HANDCUFFED one of the parents outside who was urging them to go inside and DO SOMETHING. "interfering with a police investigation", the usual excuse for police mistreatment of civilians nearby who are criticizing them or saying things they don't like.

Another parent thrown to the ground by police, another tazed and yet another was pepper sprayed.

Every officer involved in that should no longer have a badge or be allowed near any sort of law enforcement or security job. From the sounds of it, most of the police force there doesn't deserve to wear a badge.
So you advocate defunding the police?

So police should get out of the way of random people who show up with guns?
No. Out of my way when I must defend myself.

And stand to the side while you people shoot up the place?

I explained myself. I said that I would NOT "charge into their way".

Explain how that would make the rest of us safer? The Rambo-obsession of gun-nuts does NOT make the rest of us safer.

You're the nut that thinks I'm after you;. I'm not trying to kill you nut.....Not everyone that has a gun is trying to kill you... you nut.

The complexities of life are too much for you.

Okay. Wow. Oh, boy. This one has got me wanting to say a LOT of words that would get me banned.

:mad: So CNN interviewed the SPOKESMAN of the Texas Department of Public Safety, who tried to excuse the police for not going in, by saying, and I quote “At that point, if they proceeded any further not knowing where the suspect was at, they could’ve been shot, they could’ve been killed, and that gunman would have had an opportunity to kill other people inside that school.”

That one had me close to punching a wall when I saw this. Oh, is that right, spokesman of the DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY? The police could have been shot and the gunman would have been able to kill other people inside the school? Okay then, so what in the HELL do you think he was doing for the hour the police sat outside, afraid of being shot? Playing pat-a-cake? I better stop here before I throw my monitor across the room. :mad:

EDIT: On second thought I guess I really shouldn't be too surprised. After all:
OK. Sounds like another SCOTUS ruling by the RWers, headed by Scalia.
So keep voting for Republicans who think that the police are not responsible for protecting citizens!!

Whatever the intent was does not change the fact that cars can be used to intentionally kill people.
And Republican legislatures have made it legal for drivers to use their cars to kill people!!!

I already provided a link to two such laws.

Well if they are going to stand around outside while shot up kids are bleeding out and dying inside then yes, get out of the way. Go be useless somewhere else.
I would actually like to know how much these cops get paid relative to the teachers inside that school.

OK. Sounds like another SCOTUS ruling by the RWers, headed by Scalia.
So keep voting for Republicans who think that the police are not responsible for protecting citizens!!

You don't believe in the police. Police can only deal with crime that are being committed or have been committed. They have no right to ascertain guilt and punishment themselves.

Correct. I made a statement. I did not provide or defend or support anyone else or their words. Get that straight.
You tried to, by claiming there was no evidence. Then when shown evidence you have resorted to this flailing.
It wasn't a bill. Presidents cannot repeal bills.

More of your lies.

So you advocate defunding the police?
I advocate complete, top down, tearing out and rebuilding of the police forces in this country. Police with actual training. Police taught how to de-escalate situations. Police willing to do their darned jobs. Police with accountability boards headed by law professionals and everyday citizens in an equ split, to hold them accountable for their actions .

Every officer and commander on the scene that day should lose their badge. As should the DPS spokesman who tried to defend them.

None of your business who owns what. My constitutional rights are not dependent on your fears.
It is actually the fears of people whose paranoia makes them buy deadly weapons that fuel this carnage.
The presence of these weapons in our society results in tens of thousands of deaths a year.
But that does not bother you gun toters, right?

It is actually the fears of people whose paranoia makes them buy deadly weapons that fuel this carnage.
The presence of these weapons in our society results in tens of thousands of deaths a year.
But that does not bother you gun toters, right?
You are flailing more than usual with the nonsense

I advocate complete, top down, tearing out and rebuilding of the police forces in this country. Police with actual training. Police taught how to de-escalate situations. Police willing to do their darned jobs. Police with accountability boards headed by law professionals and everyday citizens in an equ split, to hold them accountable for their actions .

Every officer and commander on the scene that day should lose their badge. As should the DPS spokesman who tried to defend them.
Well, we agree on something!

Back