Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

you may be surprised to know that many
The ONE Lord IS The Lord of heaven and earth.
Is The Lord of heaven and earth OUR Lord???
Yes or No.
Christians do NOT have a Lord. They have The ONE and ONLY Lord.
The ONE Lord does NOT have a greater Lord.
people think that they are ( followers of Yeshua ) Christians but are yet to confess Him publicly as their own, Lord ( to obey and to follow ) and Savior.. Romans 10... vss8+ I did not do this for decades ...

Psalm 6:8
Depart from me, all you workers of iniquity, for the LORD has heard my weeping.

Psalm 119:115
Depart from me, you evildoers, that I may obey the commandments of my God.

Matthew 25:41
Then He will say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

Luke 13:25
After the master of the house gets up and shuts the door, you will stand outside knocking and saying, 'Lord, open the door for us.' But he will reply, 'I do not know where you are from.'

How is it that all these CULT followers, 7DA, JWs, Mormons, Children of God, are all and each, so easily hoodwinked and totally fooled so very easily ? The FACT that there are so many should make one awake up to the fact that something is very wrong ?

What is a cult? A cult is a group with a particular and often dangerously fanatical ideology that has certain characteristics. The term 'cult' comes from the Latin cultus, meaning 'worship. This is reasonable: a cult must have a leader who is either worshipped or greatly revered by the cult's followers. A specific cult definition can be hard to pin down because in order to be a cult, a group must have a number of attributes. People often disagree about what makes a cult, meaning that the definition is fluid. This is true especially in the context of new religious movements: some of these movements have been called cults, while some people have argued against this for a variety of reasons. It is easier, generally, to get to grips with the characteristics of cults than to create a single, all-encompassing definition.
well, look again at the story about how Adam easily fell ? the point is that we are HUMAN.. if mankind had of learned form Adam's specific error we would be OK, to a big degree but, not like we all are now..

If Jesus Christ had wanted his followers to think that he was God himself, wouldn't he have clearly told them so? Why did he teach them things that confirm just the opposite of that bizarre idea?

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

If Jesus Christ had wanted his followers to think that he was God himself, wouldn't he have clearly told them so? Why did he teach them things that confirm just the opposite of that bizarre idea?

John 20:17 Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

The Father being God (John 20:17) does not detract from the Lord Jesus being God (John 20:28),

Notice that trinitarians say unabashedly "Okay, Jesus said it, but he didn't say that."

John 17:3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ.

They cannot face biblical truth...which is why every time they are mentioned they change the subject or distort reality:

Rev. 3:12 ‘The one who conquers—I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God, and he will by no means go out from it anymore, and I will write upon him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the New Jerusalem that descends out of heaven from my God, and my own new name.

Rev. 3:12

This passage does not detract from the Supreme Deity of Christ at all, but rather affirms it. At the very end of this passage it reads, "My new name." Notice that those who belong to the new Jerusalem have written on their foreheads the "name" in reference to the Lord Jesys (Revelation 14:1). This is very significant because those who render latreuō unto Jesus in Revelation 22:3 are said to have His name on their foreheads (Revelation 22:4).

So, this is my point on this thread: Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

If he did, then we should believe it ... but if he did not, what should we do?

Luke 6:46 “Why, then, do you call me ‘Lord! Lord!’ but do not do the things I say?
"I and my FATHER are ONE" ( John 1:1-14, John 10:30, John 14:9) Draw your own conclusion.

John 17:20 “I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, 21 so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. 23 I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. 24 Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am, in order that they may look upon my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me. 26 I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

Draw your own conclusion.

Speaking put and from his humanity, as his was the Son of God by his very nature, while the saved are by adoption!

"I and my FATHER are ONE" ( John 1:1-14, John 10:30, John 14:9) Draw your own conclusion.
A man and his wife are one, but the man is not his wife... Jesus and the church, his bride will be one. But believers will not become Jesus. Jesus and God, his father are one, does not mean Jesus is God...

A man and his wife are one, but the man is not his wife... Jesus and the church, his bride will be one. But believers will not become Jesus. Jesus and God, his father are one, does not mean Jesus is God...
But John verse 1-2 says He is God?
But God said in Heb 1:8 He is God?
But post #1,703 you say He is not God.

I would recommend you rebuke yourself!

This passage does not detract from the Supreme Deity of Christ at all, but rather affirms it.
How so? If Jesus is supreme deity and his father God is supreme deity, then you have two supreme deities...In other words two Gods.
At the very end of this passage it reads, "My new name." Notice that those who belong to the new Jerusalem have written on their foreheads the "name" in reference to the Lord Jesys (Revelation 14:1).
You seem not to have read the passage...12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. Clearly, Jesus has a God...If you want to contend that it says I will write my name then it could be two names...but definitely Jesus is not God if his father is God...
This is very significant because those who render latreuō unto Jesus in Revelation 22:3 are said to have His name on their foreheads (Revelation 22:4).
And so what, they also have the name of his father...

But John verse 1-2 says He is God?
No it does not, in fact he cannot be. if God is his father...
But God said in Heb 1:8 He is God?
The word is elohim, God also called Moses elohim...
But post #1,703 you say He is not God.
Jesus is not God. Jesus has a God. Does Jesus have a God? or was he lying when he said his God?
I would recommend you rebuke yourself!
You also recommend false doctrines that you cannot support.

Back