Does God love everyone ?

I discern the spirit in you is not from God.

see how that works ?
And you think a universalist has the Spirit of God?
Is that how it works for you?

Do you have no discernment?
1Jn_4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world.

God does not love conditionally.

That is a blasphemous statement, no matter how much you want to defend that position.
So you are a universalist after all and call me blasphemous...

If Jesus is not the way and the truth and the life, you are a blasphemer and should be banned.

He loved the world, and we did nothing to earn it. That's pretty unconditional!

Doug
"No one comes to the Father apart from Me"
You think you made your way to the Father through choices because He loved you unconditionally...
What about the one who doesn't. Where is that unconditional love?

You guys will do ANYTHING to give self the credit won't you?
You get to a point of denying the Master as the only way to God, and the justice of God in sending some to hell.
You try and convince yourselves that God loves those he sends to hell unconditionally.

It's nothing but blasphemy.
2Pe_2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them, bringing upon themselves swift destruction.

So you are a universalist after all and call me blasphemous...

If Jesus is not the way and the truth and the life, you are a blasphemer and should be banned.
Unconditional love does not = universalism. That is equivocating and you are making a fallacious argument.

Arminians are not universalists and believe in a literal hell/lake of fire .

hope this helps !!!

Unconditional love does not = universalism. That is equivocating and you are making a fallacious argument.

Arminians are not universalists and believe in a literal hell/lake of fire .

hope this helps !!!
Yet you insist that God loves every single person unconditionally.
If you believe that then you are the one making a fallacious argument and not me.

God's demonstrates His love in that He sent His son to die and conquer death.
You say every single person is therefore loved by God unconditionally.

Yet, God states "that whomsoever believes" are the ones who qualify as those whom He loves and will not condemn.
The condition is "active belief" through the gift of Grace and there is no condemnation for those He loves.

To say that God unconditionally loves all people and therefore gives the gift of Grace to everyone and there will be no condemnation, is fallacious and blasphemous.

Yet you insist that God loves every single person unconditionally.
If you believe that then you are the one making a fallacious argument and not me.

God's demonstrates His love in that He sent His son to die and conquer death.
You say every single person is therefore loved by God unconditionally.

Yet, God states "that whomsoever believes" are the ones who qualify as those whom He loves and will not condemn.
The condition is "active belief" through the gift of Grace and there is no condemnation for those He loves.

To say that God unconditionally loves all people and therefore gives the gift of Grace to everyone and there will be no condemnation, is fallacious and blasphemous.

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 2:9
But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

Titus 3:4
But when the kindness and the love of mankind ofGod our Savior appeared

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Timothy 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard “delay,” but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Corinthians 5:14
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

Nuff said

next

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Hebrews 2:9
But we do see Jesus, who was made lower than the angels for a little while, now crowned with glory and honor because he suffered death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Titus 2:11
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men,

Titus 3:4
But when the kindness and the love of mankind ofGod our Savior appeared

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

1 Timothy 2:4
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord does not delay his promise, as some regard “delay,” but he is patient with you, not wishing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.

1 John 2:2
He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world.

2 Corinthians 5:14
For Christ’s love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.

So you posted a bunch of random verses, and ASSUMED their meaning, without any exegesis whatsoever.

Nuff said

If that's the extent of your argument, then you just lost the debate.
You haven't convinced anyone of anything.

Next!

The simple and straightforward message of the Bible is God loves everyone and truly desires for everyone to hear the gospel and be saved by faith in Jesus Christ. It’s all in here:

The simple and straightforward message of the Bible is God loves everyone and truly desires for everyone to hear the gospel and be saved by faith in Jesus Christ. It’s all in here:
Amen to the gospel truth brother !

But wait...there is more.

Hebrew Word for Hate​

From your link ??

Hebrew Word for Hate​

“Sane’ ” (saw-nay’) is the Hebrew word that is often translated as hate. The ancient pictographic letters for “sane” are a thorn and a seed. The Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible explains this:

The pictograph is a picture of a thorn, then is a picture of seed. Combined these mean “thorn seed.” The thorn, (the seed of a plant with small sharp points) cause one to turn directions to avoid them.”
(“The Ancient Hebrew Lexicon of the Bible,” by Jeff A. Benner. ISBN 1-58939-776-2.)

Hate – Avoiding of Pain​

In Biblical times, thorns were used as fences to protect flocks from predators or even used as weapons. The idea was that thorns caused pain and the pain made someone avoid whatever caused it. Thorns created a shield, hedge of protection.

While intense emotions are sometimes involved, the ancient Hebrew view of hate was more about being hurt or wounded by something, because of love being involved. Opening oneself to love meant opening to hurt. Hate then meant staying away from that source of pain. We see this in Isaac’s response to Abimelech:

“Then Abimelech came to him from Gerar with his adviser Ahuzzath and Phicol the commander of his army. Isaac said to them, “Why have you come to me, since you hate me and have sent me away from you?”(Genesis 26:26-28)

Hatred was less about an intense confrontational emotion and inflicting pain. Instead, it was more about making choices to avoid that pain – physical or emotional.

God’s Character​

This understanding can directly affect our view of God’s character. If this true, consider a couple common scriptures in a whole new way:

And when the Lord saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb (Genesis 29:31; KJV)

Some translations use “un-loved” here instead of hated. There is nothing in the Scriptures that would suggest that Jacob was aggressive towards her. From what we can read, he mostly stayed away from Leah. This may have been due to his desire for Rachel. Or perhaps because Leah reminded him of Laban’s deceptions (Gen 29:21-25).

Jacob possibly avoided Leah, since their relationship was complicated to say the least. Yet, out of God’s compassion for Leah’s constant rejection, He gave her children.

Jacob I loved; Esau I hated (Mal 1:2; Romans 9:13)

Esau is the only person that God said He hated. Could it be that the Lord was so wounded by Esau’s rejection of His prized gift of the birthright for some stew that God wanted to stay away from him?

There is a very specific order of events here. God had not rejected Esau, rather Esau rejected God’s plan. It causes the Father a great amount of pain. In this context, this verse shows God’s broken heart rather than His anger at disobedience.

Love Your Enemies​

God character is not aloof to our experiences and He is not angry at one thoughtless act of disobedience. On the contrary, He is “compassionate and gracious, slow to anger…” (Exodus 34:6). When we feel pain, we want to withdraw; we are made in His Image. Yet Jesus challenges us to love those that hurt us. Instead of avoiding (hating), return in love.

“But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you…” – Luke 6:27

In reference to the above discussion on the word hate:
and yet Paul brings us clarity. God chooses.
“though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls—”

(Romans 9:11 ESVi)

In reference to the above discussion on the word hate:
and yet Paul brings us clarity. God chooses.
“though they were not yet born and had done nothing either good or bad—in order that God’s purpose of election might continue, not because of works but because of him who calls—”

(Romans 9:11 ESVi)
Amen...

I think you are saying we can be distracted by discussions like God's Hatred; and forget to press points like this...

Amen...

I think you are saying we can be distracted by discussions like God's Hatred; and forget to press points like this...
It just happens that I have been considering both Malachi and Paul’s words about Esau, as well as something Josheb said recently regarding God being more than one thing, attribute, etc.
At this time in my understanding, I frame this simply….God ‘acts’ according to His own choices. God simply ‘DOES’. He ‘wills’. That will and that doing is irresistable.
I am a simple man, and tend to think in simple terms. Principles Guide my thinking. A principle is a rigid thing…consistent. Like gravity.
:)

Do you think there are people God never loved at all?
I think God loves everyone in a general way, but I don't think God Loves everyone in an Agape way. Since it is pointed out the Word for Hate when applied to God can mean to 'love less', I think it would mandate you and I believe that there are people who God loves less than an Agape Love. If we demand the secondary definition be the contextual definition, we are now in the realm of Categories; and do not want to make the mistake of saying God Agapes everyone, or that God Phileos everyone...

CARM is so much better than other places to debate...

I think God loves everyone in a general way, but I don't think God Loves everyone in an Agape way.

Would you honestly call that love?

Does 1 Corinthians 13 say "One kind of love is patient, one kind of love is kind."

Since it is pointed out the Word for Hate when applied to God can mean to 'love less', I think it would mandate you and I believe that there are people who God loves less than an Agape Love.

Absolutely not.

God can hate people he loves or he would never have desired to put you in hell.

It's like you're skipping the price Jesus suffered for you and making it so that God never wanted to eternally damn you.

If we demand the secondary definition be the contextual definition, we are now in the realm of Categories; and do not want to make the mistake of saying God Agapes everyone, or that God Phileos everyone...

When it says "God is love," which kind of love does it mean?

CARM is so much better than other places to debate...

I hope you don't count me as a hostile witness....

I have experienced a bit of clarity recently…obvious, yes…but to me profound.
God gave man a life and a planet to enjoy, families to love, adventures to have, the awesome gift of ‘mind’, etc.
These things are the expression of Grace. That life has a time limit.
Fallen man was not promised eternity. His destiny is death. He is not owed more.

God elects a portion of humanity to fullfill His ‘eternal purpose’—‘In Christ’. To Give the Gift of Life, to satisfy His ‘desire’ for a family of ‘kind’ to work with Himself throughout eternity.
God works and so shall we.
The rest of humanity gets to live a life and then end after a righteous judgement and bowing to the Word…irresistably.
In the end, all will understand Grace and possibly see final death as a remedy to the horror of sin.
That last bit may be fanciful.

Back