Does God love everyone ?

This is the problem that Bethel Church has, as pointed out by Mike Winger. Their Prime Hermeneutic is that any Verse which doesn't comport to Jesus' Teaching is false. It's an example of how a Lone, or Ruling Hermeneutic can wreck your Theology. A 'God is Love' Alone Hermeneutic without a 'God is Truth' Hermeneutic is obviously a bad Hermeneutic...

The Harmony of Gods Attributes

"All God's attributes are inseparably joined: they cannot be divided, no, not for a moment," said John Wesley, founder of Methodism. He taught that God's attributes will never contradict each other. Accordingly, we will never have to worry about God overreacting, or doing something contradictory to one of his attributes. God's attributes exist in harmony with each other.

This emphasis on the unity of God's attributes is a strength of the Wesleyan-Arminian system. Other theological systems will probably affirm that they hold all the attributes of God in balance, but in reality, most of them emphasize one attribute at the expense of another. For instance, many Neo-Calvinists exalt the love and graciousness of God at the expense of God's holiness. If they did not, they would not make statements such as: "Once you are saved, it doesn't matter what you do as far as your eternal salvation is concerned. God only sees the blood of Jesus. He doesn't see your sin." That view is certainly emphasizing the love and grace of God at the expense of His holiness.

At the same time, 5-point Calvinists emphasize the role of God as sovereign King more than God's role as loving Father. John Calvin, with his strict view of sovereignty, tended to say little of God's fatherly love. John Wesley, however, emphasized the role of God as loving Father. Though God is certainly seen as King and Judge, His justice is situated in a better balance with His love. As loving Father to all His creation (in one sense), God is not going to pass over most of his condemned human creatures and only provide a way of salvation for a select few, as the Calvinists believe.

God's transcendence (His being utterly distinct from His creation) and God’s immanence (His being present in His creation) are also attributes that must be held in careful balance with each other. Overemphasizing transcendence may result in deism, a belief in a God unconcerned with human affairs. Overemphasing immanence may result in pantheism, a belief that everything is God. But both immanence and transcendence are true at the same time. The holy, transcendent God before whom we fall in worship is the same God we invite into our hearts to be our personal friend.

God’s holiness, love, sovereignty, transcendence, immanence, and the rest of His attributes must all be seen in harmony and balance. For God’s attributes cannot be divided, “no, not for a moment.” https://www.wesleyantheology.com/blog/first-post

Yes, I know.... You're always right, everyone who disagrees with you is always wrong.
Lose the attitude, okay?

My view makes them all work together in harmony.
If you don't see that, then you DON'T understand my view.
No attitude at all but I know I'm 100% right when it comes To Gods Immutable Attributes that all work together PERFECTLY without contradiction.

hope this helps !!!

Does God Hate Satan?

When people start throwing around the hate word, they lose sight of nuance.

A desire to love—and a disposition to love—are compatible with hating the thing you desire and are disposed to love.

That thing may force you, due to its moral choices, to longer be able to express that love or hold it in the same way.

God did not create anything he did not have the intent to love, that would be an evil thing to do.

When people start throwing around the hate word, they lose sight of nuance.

A desire to love—and a disposition to love—are compatible with hating the thing you desire and are disposed to love.

That thing may force you, due to its moral choices, to longer be able to express that love or hold it in the same way.

God did not create anything he did not have the intent to love, that would be an evil thing to do.
Isn't it true that God does not Change, therefore you are not destroyed? I say people are Eternally destroyed in Hell. Since they are destroyed, doesn't this mean God Hates them?

Do you really believe God Loves Satan? Civic doesn't...

And not every individual.
That would be a lie as per scripture.

All mankind, is not every individual in all of mankind.
If it was, Paul and inspired scripture would be a liar. (Ephesians 1)

Everyone? From all mankind?
God loved everyone so much that He gave his Son so that every individual would benefit from His love!
I do not believe you that every lexicon says that. That is against Biblical teaching and your claim is bogus.

All men?
Every individual who ever lived right? Explain God's love for Pharaoh to me. What about Hitler or Stalin? Please demonstrate how God loved these individuals unconditionally as you claim!
The offer of grace was extended by God to everyone you mentioned , and they rejected grace it is on them for rejecting salvation not on God for making the offer.

The offer of grace was extended by God to everyone you mentioned , and they rejected grace it is on them for rejecting salvation not on God for making the offer.
Preach it! Good homiletics

homiletics
(Ancient Greek: ὁμιλητικός[1] homilētikós, from homilos, "assembled crowd, throng"[2]) is the application of the general principles of rhetoric to the specific art of public preaching.[1] One who practices or studies homiletics may be called a homilist, or more simply a preacher.

I can copy & paste in Greek after years of study ;)

Back