Hyper Calvinism defined

So you believe God loves the non elect ?

Does he love them enough to desire their salvation?
He does love the non elect. Not with the same love He does for His church. God can and does discriminate with His love as we do.

The question should be does He love them enough to actually save them.

He does love the non elect. Not with the same love He does for His church. God can and does discriminate with His love as we do.

RG, essentially what you are saying is God loves some less. And yet the our Lord and His hand picked Apostles declared that God showed His love for the world by giving His Son to be the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. And we know from Hebrews 2:9 that God's Son tasted death for everyone. And yet it seems you think that God loves some less even though He gave His Son for them.

Hypothetically, if you gave your son to save the whole world, it would seem you would have meant it and fully intended to save the whole world. Why should we think any differently with God, especially since it is not hypothetical that God gave His Son to tase death for everyone and be the propitiation for the sins of the whole world?

God bless

RG, essentially what you are saying is God loves some less. And yet the our Lord and His hand picked Apostles declared that God showed His love for the world by giving His Son to be the propitiation for the sins of the whole world. And we know from Hebrews 2:9 that God's Son tasted death for everyone. And yet it seems you think that God loves some less even though He gave His Son for them.

Hypothetically, if you gave your son to save the whole world, it would seem you would have meant it and fully intended to save the whole world. Why should we think any differently with God, especially since it is not hypothetical that God gave His Son to tase death for everyone and be the propitiation for the sins of the whole world?

God bless
Amen Joe !!! A distorted view of Divine love.

Phil Johnson, who has done extensive research on this subject very helpfully defines hyper-Calvinists using a five-fold definition. A hyper-Calvinist is one who:

1. Denies that the gospel call applies to all who hear, OR
  2. Denies that faith is the duty of every sinner, OR
  3. Denies that the gospel makes any “offer” of Christ, salvation, or mercy to the non-elect (or denies that the offer of divine mercy is free and universal), OR
  4. Denies that there is such a thing as “common grace,” OR
  5. Denies that God has any sort of love for the non-elect.
As Phil says, “All five varieties of hyper-Calvinism undermine evangelism or twist the gospel message.” So this is the key to understanding hyper-Calvinism: it undermines evangelism and/or somehow distorts the gospel message. Hyper-Calvinists emphasize God’s sovereignty but de-emphasize God’s love. They tend to set God’s sovereignty at odds with the clear biblical call to human responsibility.

hope this helps !!!
By Phil's definition, I'm not a hyper-Calvinist. 🙂

The question asked does he love them enough to desire their salvation

What is your answer?

Yes, praise God!! The Lord worked with me and got me to where I am today. I was a sorry mess after reading MacArthur and others. Dizerner said it in one of his posts that logically consistent Calvinists reach full determinism....I found that to be true for me.

God bless
Logically Hyper Calvinist is the most consistent form of Calvinism but the least biblical

Reactions: Joe

God bless
Was God's love for Egypt the same as Israel? Does God love the church with the same sort of love as the love He has for the reprobate? God discriminates with His love as we do. I don't love my neighbor as I do my wife or my children. So it's quality, not quantity.

He gave His Son for them be abuse He loves them right? But He does not love them enough to actually save them though right??

I asked first.

Does He love them, or desire lol, to actually save them?
Duh it is the same question you did not answer

and has already been answer by me

1 Timothy 2:1–4 (ESV) — 1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Duh it is the same question you did not answer

and has already been answer by me

1 Timothy 2:1–4 (ESV) — 1 First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, 2 for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. 3 This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Does God love, or desire to save, them enough to save them?

I will just keep asking

Was God's love for Egypt the same as Israel? Does God love the church with the same sort of love as the love He has for the reprobate? God discriminates with His love as we do. I don't love my neighbor as I do my wife or my children. So it's quality, not quantity.

He gave His Son for them be abuse He loves them right? But He does not love them enough to actually save them though right??
Are you arguing God gave Christ for the reprobate?

Except it your theology which lends support to open theism by insisting God can only know what a free creature might do if he determines it
LOL 🤣🤣🤣 quote on Calvinist who has ever said such a thing. It's so dumb a on Calvinist should never say such a thing. But, go ahead, let's hear it.....

Back