1John 5:1 regeneration before faith

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful

Hebrews 4:12. Source of our thoughts and intentions

1 Samuel 16:7. The Lord looks upon the heart.

Matthew 15:18 whatever comes out of the mouth precedes from the heart.

Psalms 37:4 our desires come from the heart.

And many more.

God turning the heart where He wishes it yo go should be self explanitory. God is soverign over your desires.
You gave me verses except for what I asked and then stated what i asked for was self explanatory.
Can I assume that you do not have a clear scriptural description of what happens when God turns a heart?
Where does your understanding of that phrase come from?
Yes, we have the one verse so far stating that God does it, but what is it that God is doing?

I will throw this out to anyone who knows some scripture teaching on this concept: what does it mean that God turns a heart, what happens to a person when God does this?

The word control means there is a force at work to accomplish an action/goal.
But you sounded as if you thought the Bible had verses that taught something different.
Was there a reason why you doubted that control takes force? What scriptures were you thinking of?
Yup Exodus 11:5

The final visitation showed God was not only the controlling force in nature, but was also the controlling force in life and death. Yahweh Himself brings the plague. This attack demonstrated that the God of the Hebrews was greater than Osiris, the Egyptian giver of life.

Back