Appointed to Eternal Life !

You are confused

Grace has been resisted according to scripture

Acts 7:51 —KJV
“¶ Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.”
As you would say Grace is not mentioned in the text. :)

Correct, that verse has nothing to do with Gods Grace which reigns through Righteousness by Jesus Christ Rom 5 21

That as sin has reigned to death, even so might grace reign through righteousness to eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

It kills me to see how people belittle Sovereign Grace and falsely state it can be resisted. It cant be overcome even by sin and death !

It's unconditional election before they are born to do good or evil Rom 9:11

For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calls)
Sorry Rom 9:11 is not about unconditional election to salvation

and concerns the nations Israel and Edom

We know the entire nation of Israel was not saved and we have no evidence all of Edom was lost

Eph. 1:1 —ESV
“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, ¶ To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:”

Eph. 1:5 —ESV
“he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,”

and how they got in Christ

Eph. 1:13 —ESV
“In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,”

They were sealed in him (Christ) when they believed

We know the entire nation of Israel was not saved and we have no evidence all of Edom was lost

Eph. 1:1 —ESV
“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, ¶ To the saints who are in Ephesus, and are faithful in Christ Jesus:”

Eph. 1:5 —ESV
“he predestined us for adoption to himself as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will,”

and how they got in Christ

Eph. 1:13 —ESV
“In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,”

They were sealed in him (Christ) when they believed
Oh yes it is about unconditional election to salvation, the entire book is about salvation, the Gospel. Rom 1-11 doctrinal 12-16 practical

Grace leads to salvation, and without grace there is no salvation. Grace is the unmerited favor of God. So therefore, anyone who receives God's grace has received it without condition. Those who receive God's grace were chosen before the foundation of the world, to receive God's grace. Since we are talking about God's grace, and grace is the unmerited (without condition) favor of God, then the choice of who receives it, must, by definition, be unconditional. Everything you talk about salvation, is explained in 2 Thessalonians 2, as happening, because God chose and God called through the gospel.

Wrong. faith as a condition is not a meanst of meriting salvation

It is only the assumption of your theology which holds it to be so

BTW Your interpretation of 2Th was an error as already addressed

God chose to save gentiles through belief in the truth and sanctification of the spirit the same way he saved Jews

Wrong. faith as a condition is not a meanst of meriting salvation

It is only the assumption of your theology which holds it to be so

BTW Your interpretation of 2Th was an error as already addressed

God chose to save gentiles through belief in the truth and sanctification of the spirit the same way he saved Jews
You abuse faith which is a evidence of Spiritual life, and make it the natural mans ability to do, to get God to save him. That defaults into making your faith a meritorious reason why God saved you.

Would you deny the Spirit is the giver of Grace Inspiring the prophets

Acts 7:52–53 —ESV
“Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,
you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it.””
'

“Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered,
'
Are you saying that Inspiration is just Grace?

Oh yes it is about unconditional election to salvation, the entire book is about salvation, the Gospel. Rom 1-11 doctrinal 12-16 practical
Sorry it takes more than your mere say so and you ignored this

You abuse faith which is a evidence of Spiritual life, and make it the natural mans ability to do, to get God to save him. That defaults into making your faith a meritorious reason why God saved you.
You mouth inanities not supported by scripture

Life follows faith

John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
John 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.
John 20:31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

'
It wasnt the prophets that resisted. It was the unregenerate jews who resisted at the preaching of the Prophets. Same as today, the unregenerate doesnt receive the Gospel. Tat verse actually proves how true 1 Cor 2 14 is.

It wasnt the prophets that resisted. It was the unregenerate jews who resisted at the preaching of the Prophets. Same as today, the unregenerate doesnt receive the Gospel. Tat verse actually proves how true 1 Cor 2 14 is.
No one stated the prophets resisted

What was stated the grace which inspired the prophets was resisted by the killing of the prophets

Acts 13:48
When the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord; and as many as had been appointed to eternal life believed.

God
is the one who ordained them to Eternal Life out of that crowd of people. And not everyone there was appointed to Eternal life, only those who were appointed believed. The gentiles believing was the RESULT of their being ordained to Eternal life by God and not the cause of it. The believed because they were ordained/appointed to Eternal life.

The Greek word for "appointed"/"ordained" - τάσσω carries the idea of direct appointment, designation by choice. "primarily a military term meaning 'to draw up in order, arrange in place, assign, appoint, order' "

Strong's Concordance 5021
tassó: to draw up in order, arrange
Original Word: τάσσω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: tassó
Phonetic Spelling: (tas'-so)
Definition: to draw up in order, arrange
Usage: (a) I assign, arrange, (b) I determine; mid: I appoint.

Here are some usages of appointed below.

Matthew 28:16
"16
Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, to the mountain which Jesus had appointed for them.

Jesus had designated a specific mountain to which they were to go to. They were appointed by the Lord to a specific place. The word carries the idea of direct appointment.

Luke 7:8
For I also am a man placed under authority, having soldiers under me. And I say to one, ‘Go,’ and he goes; and to another, ‘Come,’ and he comes; and to my servant, ‘Do this,’ and he does it.

The Centurion had been specifically appointed by his governemnt to a position of authority. It wasnt something he was merely 'disposed' to do. He was appointed to his position by Ceasar.

Acts 15:2
Therefore, when Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and dispute with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas and certain others of them should go up to Jerusalem, to the apostles and elders, about this question."

Paul and Barnabas (and a few others) were specifically selected - appointed by the commitee - to go to Jerusalem. Again, the word implies direct appointing involving a specific choice of individuals.

Acts 22:10
So I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Arise and go into Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed for you to do.’

Paul was to receive specific instruction for specific things that the Lord wanted him to do...not merely what he might be 'disposed' to do. Paul was appointed by the Lord to a specific ministry.

Acts 28:23
So when they had appointed him a day, many came to him at his lodging, to whom he explained and solemnly testified of the kingdom of God, persuading them concerning Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets, from morning till evening."

The leaders of the Jews at Rome had selected - appointed - a specific day on which they would come to Paul and hear what he had to say...and on that day they went to hear him. Again the word carries the idea of specific designation and selection.

Romans 13:1
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God."

The authorities that exist are not there by accident, nor merely because they are 'disposed' to be there. They are specifically appointed by God. That ties right into His Sovereignty. God is in absolute control. So when it says that they were "appointed to Eternal life", it is clear that they were appointed to Eternal life By God and that is why they believed.

hope this helps !!!
Here is one of many @ReverendRV @Alexander the adequate as a calvinist

there are dozens of threads as a calvinist where calvinists all affirm what I said is true in their systematic.

here ya go with many more to follow as a calvinist

here

here

Last edited by a moderator:
here is another one

and here

Last edited by a moderator:
and here

and here

here

and here

Back