Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

One Person is equal with another Person.
In the form of God=God.
Nothing to do with Persons. Inspired writers then would have used 'Equal TO God' instead of Equal WITH God. There cannot be Anyone Equal TO God. OT scriptures clearly says that.

God is the Compounded unity between Transcendence and Immanent creation - The Father and The Son.

The titles Father and Son are relative to creation and salvation of creatures. Trinitarians err just as Unitarians. But Trinitarians are far better having belief in the Deity of The Son.

No one here is arguing it means I am my father nor Jesus is his own father. You're just that ignorant.
I never said anyone is arguing that. I said that is what it does not mean...You should explain how I am twisting Jn 10:30

Okay, you like to waste people time. Why say it doesn't mean I am my father nor Jesus is his own father when no one is saying that?

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
You went from persons to Gods. You changed units.
You are the one who believes in persons and Gods, sir. You are the one who changes your person to God. You are the one who says Jesus is a person then calls him God the son. You are the one who says The father is a person then calls him God the father, you are the one who says the HS is a person then calls him God the HS. Then you have the guts to call me ignorant?

You are the one who takes me talking about three persons who are God and claims that's three Gods. Therefore, you went from 3 persons to 3 Gods. You changed units.

So again I ask, are you just changing units without any logic behind the conversion?
Where did I change units/ you need to point out what you are referring to. We agree that you say Jesus is a person and we agree that you call Jesus God the son, so is it not you who are changing units without any logic?

You are the one who takes me talking about three persons who are God and claims that's three Gods. Therefore, you went from 3 persons to 3 Gods. You changed units without any logic behind the conversion as you previously admitted.

When I say God the Father, God the Son, and God the HS, I am not saying three Gods. That's your conclusion, not mine.
Then you are the one defying logic. They are not each other, they are each one inch in your example so how are they not three inches?

How am I defying logic? Break it down for me? Fyi, the inch and foot analogy was an analogy, not an example. Maybe you shouldn't make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Jesus didn't say they were lords of the Sabbath. He said He was "THE Lord of the Sabbath." Jesus didn't connect the disciples actions to them being Lords of the Sabbath, but to him being the Lord of the Sabbath. FYI, If Jesus is the Lord of the Sabbath, and Jesus isn't God, then God, the author of the Law of the Sabbath, isn't the Lord of the Sabbath. Good luck justifying Jesus having more authority over the Sabbath than God does.
They were the ones eating the corn silly. Did the passage say Jesus was eating corn? Sir Jesus does not have to be God to be lord of the sabbath... Jesus does whatever his father does. He said so...Since those who believe in Jesus are abiding in him, if he is lord of the sabbath then they are also lords of the sabbath. That is why the disciples picked and ate the corn on the sabbath.

Jesus was the one giving them permission to eat in light of the mission they were on just like God gave David's men permission to eat that which was forbidden for them to eat under the law.

FYI, Jesus doing what the Father does likewise proves he is God. You're just digging a deeper hole for you to dig out of.

Likewise, if abiding in Jesus makes one a lord of the sabbath, then likewise Jesus and the decibels are God too by the same reasoning. Jesus abides in God making him God, and by transitive property, the disciples abiding in Jesus makes them God too. You just keep on digging that hole deeper. BTW, all this nonsense is popping up because of your irrational and rash interpretations. Think before replying.

Honestly, why would anyone take "The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath" to mean men are lords of the Sabbath? Do you have the ability to exegete Scripture?
That is what it means...Believers have power over the sabbath just as Jesus did...Did his disciples not pick and eat corn on the sabbath and were blameless, just as David when he ate the shewbread and was blameless?

Believer do not have power over the sabbath. That's not what this or any passage teaches. They were not blameless in light of their authority. They were blameless because the Lord of the Sabbath did not consider their actions to be wrong in light of the situation.

Again I ask, if you refuse to accept personal critique of your logical system, what does that say about you as a person?
Same as before...I am not the topic here so your personal critique is out of line... You should know this.

Again I ask, if you refuse to accept personal critique of your logical system, what does that say about you as a person?

God Bless

If you were a spiritual man you would understand my posts. But you are not!
strawman
There was no Father nor Son before the beginning. There was only God.
Nonsense. That is like saying that there was no mother or father before the child was born.

John 17:24
Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.
How could the Father love the son before the foundation of the world if both of them did not exist?
The Father and The Son are relative to creation and salvation of creation.
No, the scripture is clear they both existed before the foundation of the world.
I tell the same to Trinitarians but they are far better than Unitarians who deny the Deity of Messiah which will lead them to damnation just as the Judaizers.
Who you tell your rubbish does not make more or less rubbish.

Okay, you like to waste people time. Why say it doesn't mean I am my father nor Jesus is his own father when no one is saying that?
You are pretending not to be saying it...The Athanasian creed tells you not to say it...

Athanasian Creed​

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;
4. Neither confounding the persons nor dividing the substance.
5. For there is one person of the Father, another of the Son, and another of the Holy Spirit.
6. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit is all one, the glory equal, the majesty coeternal.
7. Such as the Father is, such is the Son, and such is the Holy Spirit.
8. The Father uncreated, the Son uncreated, and the Holy Spirit uncreated.
9. The Father incomprehensible, the Son incomprehensible, and the Holy Spirit incomprehensible.
10. The Father eternal, the Son eternal, and the Holy Spirit eternal.
11. And yet they are not three eternals but one eternal.
12. As also there are not three uncreated nor three incomprehensible, but one uncreated and one incomprehensible.
13. So likewise the Father is almighty, the Son almighty, and the Holy Spirit almighty.
14. And yet they are not three almighties, but one almighty.
15. So the Father is God, the Son is God, and the Holy Spirit is God;
16. And yet they are not three Gods, but one God.
17. So likewise the Father is Lord, the Son Lord, and the Holy Spirit Lord;
18. And yet they are not three Lords but one Lord.
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
21. The Father is made of none, neither created nor begotten.
22. The Son is of the Father alone; not made nor created, but begotten.
23. The Holy Spirit is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten, but proceeding.
24. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Spirit, not three Holy Spirits.
25. And in this Trinity none is afore or after another; none is greater or less than another.
26. But the whole three persons are coeternal, and coequal.
27. So that in all things, as aforesaid, the Unity in Trinity and the Trinity in Unity is to be worshipped.
28. He therefore that will be saved must thus think of the Trinity.
29. Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation that he also believe rightly the incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ.
30. For the right faith is that we believe and confess that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and man.
31. God of the substance of the Father, begotten before the worlds; and man of substance of His mother, born in the world.
32. Perfect God and perfect man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting.
33. Equal to the Father as touching His Godhead, and inferior to the Father as touching His manhood.
34. Who, although He is God and man, yet He is not two, but one Christ.
35. One, not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh, but by taking of that manhood into God.
36. One altogether, not by confusion of substance, but by unity of person.
37. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man, so God and man is one Christ;
38. Who suffered for our salvation, descended into hell, rose again the third day from the dead;
39. He ascended into heaven, He sits on the right hand of the Father, God, Almighty;
40. From thence He shall come to judge the quick and the dead.
41. At whose coming all men shall rise again with their bodies;
42. and shall give account of their own works.
43. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting and they that have done evil into everlasting fire.
44. This is the catholic faith, which except a man believe faithfully he cannot be saved.
You are the one who takes me talking about three persons who are God and claims that's three Gods.
saying three inches who are a foot is changing units. You changed the unit inch to foot without logic. From person to God when you said three persons (inches) who are God (foot). Apparently, you are not aware of the implication of your words.
Therefore, you went from 3 persons to 3 Gods. You changed units.
Actually, you did, you went from three individual inch(persons) to one individual foot (God) being. You were speaking about three distinct persons (units) then suddenly three units(persons) merged into one different Unit (God) Where is the logic in that?
You are the one who takes me talking about three persons who are God and claims that's three Gods. Therefore, you went from 3 persons to 3 Gods. You changed units without any logic behind the conversion as you previously admitted.
Already explained above...The scripture does not say three persons who are God, We are discussing the bible are we not...The only literature that says three persons are God is the catholic literature.
How am I defying logic? Break it down for me? Fyi, the inch and foot analogy was an analogy, not an example.
How does that change anything? It is a comparison is it not? The inch represents a person and the foot represent God. Therefore one inch can never be a foot likewise one person never be God. Yet you call each person(inch) God.
Maybe you shouldn't make a mountain out of a mole hill.
Maybe you shouldn't make up nonsense and try to pass it off as scripture.
Jesus was the one giving them permission to eat in light of the mission they were on just like God gave David's men permission to eat that which was forbidden for them to eat under the law.
No, the passage does not say Jesus gave them permission to eat it. Where does the scripture say God gave david permission to eat the shewbread?
FYI, Jesus doing what the Father does likewise proves he is God.
No, it does not. God is his father. You are saying Jesus is his own father.
You're just digging a deeper hole for you to dig out of.
What hole? you just suggested that Jesus is his father.
Likewise, if abiding in Jesus makes one a lord of the sabbath, then likewise Jesus and the decibels are God too by the same reasoning. Jesus abides in God making him God, and by transitive property, the disciples abiding in Jesus makes them God too.
That would be the logic of your belief but I have told you that Jesus is not God, have I not? God is the father of Jesus and his disciples.
You just keep on digging that hole deeper. BTW, all this nonsense is popping up because of your irrational and rash interpretations. Think before replying.
You are the one in a hole, you should study the Athanasian creed carefully and ask yourself why you are commanded not to say three Gods?
Believer do not have power over the sabbath. That's not what this or any passage teaches.
Of course, it does. Jesus is a believer is he not? We must be transformed into the image of Jesus.
They were not blameless in light of their authority.
Where did they get the authority?
They were blameless because the Lord of the Sabbath did not consider their actions to be wrong in light of the situation.
Therefore they were exercising lordship over the sabbath...If they were not then they would be guilty of breaking it.

God Bless
It says I am not accepting personal critiques. Is that not clear to you yet? Is it possible that you can be that slow or are you trolling?

Carnal men can't understand these types of scripture.
This explains why you don't understand them.
I've never seen such people with Whatsoever no spiritual discernment.
Have you looked in the mirror lately? You would see one there.
There is nobody equal to God but Only Messiah is equal WITH God
Messiah is a man. How is a man equal with God? Messiah died. Did God die?
and He didn't hold to this reputation because He came to save His people from sin and death.
He came because God his father sent him...That is not so hard to understand is it?

Carnal men can't understand these types of scripture. I've never seen such people with Whatsoever no spiritual discernment.

There is nobody equal to God but Only Messiah is equal WITH God and He didn't hold to this reputation because He came to save His people from sin and death.
GINOLJC, to All.
You're correct, but I'll start a Topic on this very thing.
so, be blessed and stay in the Lord Goodness.
PICJAG, 101G

blind leading the blind both fall in the ditch
if this is true, then it's your duty to prove us blind... scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
just go over to the topic "who sits on the Throne in Rev 4 & 5 and prove us in error, then you would have done your duty.... (smile).
PICJAG, 101G.

If you were a spiritual man you would understand my posts. But you are not!

There was no Father nor Son before the beginning. There was only God. The Father and The Son are relative to creation and salvation of creation.
This is false. The Father of Eternity has always existed.

I tell the same to Trinitarians but they are far better than Unitarians who deny the Deity of Messiah which will lead them to damnation just as the Judaizers.
Rotfl.... Psalm 146:3.

if this is true, then it's your duty to prove us blind... scripture, 1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."
just go over to the topic "who sits on the Throne in Rev 4 & 5 and prove us in error, then you would have done your duty.... (smile).
PICJAG, 101G.
Rev 47 5 God almighty is on the throne. Just to be clear who is the one who took the book from the hand of the one on the throne in Rev 5?

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
You have been proved in error.

Nope. The church for all it's self-righteousness talk about how it follows Christ is out the door. This is so funny. Rotfl...

The church, teachers and practitioners of lawlessness.

Enjoy the barbecue ?. Rotfl...
Here's the verse AS IS in this Bible ( so Rotfl yourself again ) ---------------------------

John 14:6
New International Version

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

You don't know him ;(

All who practice lawlessness... weeping and gnashing...
FYI, you're the one who does not know Him ( Jesus Christ ) as the Messiah you MUST Go through in order to get to God the Father in Heaven! -------------------------

John 14:6
New International Version

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Here's the verse AS IS in this Bible ( so Rotfl yourself again ) ---------------------------

John 14:6​

New International Version​

Rotfl... Tanakh says this all about the law.

FYI, you're the one who does not know Him ( Jesus Christ ) as the Messiah you MUST Go through in order to get to God the Father in Heaven! -------------------------

John 14:6​

New International Version​

The law is the way to life. Even Jesus confirms this.

Rev 47 5 God almighty is on the throne. Just to be clear who is the one who took the book from the hand of the one on the throne in Rev 5?

5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.

7 And he came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne.

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
You have been proved in error.
IOW The Lamb was worshipped by ALL creation.
Wow! He must be God.

Back