Bronx Zoo Elephant Not a Person Court Rules

But you didn't. You misrepresented, lied, or falsified what I said. The only things that actually belong to us on this forum are the words we post. If someone claims we said something we did not say, that is tantamount to theft. I am entitled to be "agitated".
yes, you are. but don't get too worked up. It's not good for your blood pressure.

Whereas I think that the notion that they did have rights is asinine. Shall we ask them? What would they say if we asked "Do you have the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness?" A right that cannot be exercised is meaningless. Slaves were emancipated by those who wanted to extend to them the rights that other people had. Not too quickly, of course. Wouldn't want them voting or marrying white people or any more of that" pursuit of happiness" nonsense.
Bit like us wanting to extend the rights of the unborn to life.

Yes. Freedom from torture is the only absolute right. All others are qualified or limited in some degree or other.
We are campaining for the right of the unborn to be free from the torture of abortion practices.

Already did
Now you are descending from being misleading to outright lies. Please provide the quote with the link to my post that you claim it comes from. I didn't have you down as a quote-mining liar, so I really hope that I'm wrong about this.

Now you are descending from being misleading to outright lies. Please provide the quote with the link to my post that you claim it comes from. I didn't have you down as a quote-mining liar, so I really hope that I'm wrong about this.
I have listed it and you said, I am paraphrasing but it's pretty accurate, if everyone owns them then no one does.

I have listed it and you said, I am paraphrasing but it's pretty accurate, if everyone owns them then no one does.
I said, and I quote "If you say that these are rights, that everybody owns, then do you own them?"

My position is that no one owns rights. Yours is that everyone does, but not everyone is allowed to exercise them. So I gave you some rights that I am entitled to and ask YOU if you "owned" them too, and if so were you able to exercise them.

I said, and I quote "If you say that these are rights, that everybody owns, then do you own them?"

My position is that no one owns rights. Yours is that everyone does, but not everyone is allowed to exercise them. So I gave you some rights that I am entitled to and ask YOU if you "owned" them too, and if so were you able to exercise them.
Then I have no idea what that statement is supposed to mean. You're asking me if I think I own rights that everyone owns?????? Why not try restating it clearly.

Ok so because I cant exercise my right them I don't own them? I can only own that which I am free to use? You need to show who that follows. BTW the things you listed like heath care...not a right.

Let's start again. Do I have a right to life if I am lucky enough to escape the abortion gauntlet?

Then I have no idea what that statement is supposed to mean. You're asking me if I think I own rights that everyone owns?????? Why not try restating it clearly.

Ok so because I cant exercise my right them I don't own them? I can only own that which I am free to use? You need to show who that follows. BTW the things you listed like heath care...not a right.

Let's start again. Do I have a right to life if I am lucky enough to escape the abortion gauntlet?
Let me state it clearly. I have the right to free health care. Do you have that right? If so, are you permitted to exercise it by your government? If not, why has God given me that right and not you?

I also have the right to six weeks paid holiday every year, or I did when I was working. Do you have that right? If not, why has God given it to me and not you?

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Your view that all human beings have rights given by God is unsustainable, since I have rights that you don't. I see three possibilities:
1. God gave British people rights he denied to Americans.
2. Your government is preventing you from exercising some of your God-given rights.
3. At least some rights are granted by governments, not by God.

Which of these do you choose?

You have a qualified right to life. Your life can be taken from you legitimately in certain circumstances. Sometimes you forfeit the right to life through your own actions, but there are circumstances where your blameless life can be ended by another person without that person acting illegally or immorally. Therefore your right to life is not absolute.

You have a qualified right to life. Your life can be taken from you legitimately in certain circumstances. Sometimes you forfeit the right to life through your own actions, but there are circumstances where your blameless life can be ended by another person without that person acting illegally or immorally. Therefore your right to life is not absolute.
No I have a right to life but can forfeit that right based on my behavior. You are adding absolute I never said anything about absolute rights. Don't confuse yourself.

No I have a right to life but can forfeit that right based on my behavior. You are adding absolute I never said anything about absolute rights. Don't confuse yourself.
Are you a Christian? If you are, can you show me in the Bible where we have a right to life?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

What, in your opinion, does "I have the right to X" mean other than "I think I should be able to do X"?

Are you a Christian? If you are, can you show me in the Bible where we have a right to life?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
Two things. First you're here so as the bible notes you were created by God. It should be self evident then that since I am a creation of the creator and I am here I have a right to the life God is given me. What is it with you people that unless you see something word for word you can't deduce things? Amazing

Two things. First you're here so as the bible notes you were created by God. It should be self evident then that since I am a creation of the creator and I am here I have a right to the life God is given me. What is it with you people that unless you see something word for word you can't deduce things? Amazing
To me it seems like you are thinking like an American (which I am also) and expecting certain things to be true like the DOI states.
The life you have belongs to God. All rights are his as the Creator.

To me it seems like you are thinking like an American (which I am also) and expecting certain things to be true like the DOI states.
The life you have belongs to God. All rights are his as the Creator.
It's my life and the rights I have as a result of that life come through God not the government

It's my life and the rights I have as a result of that life come through God not the government
The government doesn't own us but it does impose upon us it's rule. We have the Bill of Rights that gives us certain rights as citizens, but there are always amendments and changes to them.

God gave you your life and it belongs to him. You have the free will to do what you want with it but then you have to give an account to God of how you lived your life. Your rights under God are limited as well. Once you become a Christian your life is not your own. You've been bought with a price...

Last edited:
The government doesn't own us but it does impose upon us it's rule. We have the Bill of Rights that gives us certain rights as citizens, but there are always amendments and changes to them.

God gave you your life and it belongs to him. You have the free will to do what you want with it but then you have to give an account to God of how you lived your life. Your rights under God are limited as well. Once you become a Christian your life is not your own. You've been bought with a price...
What is it with you people? The government doesnt give us our rights. Why would you even want that??? It's astounding

I have free will but my life's not my own? You're talking in circles.

What is it with you people? The government doesnt give us our rights. Why would you even want that??? It's astounding
You seem to be mistakenly thinking that people saying that the government gives us our rights "want" that. That's not in evidence. Noting something as a fact (or, at least, something that you believe to be a fact) does not equate to wanting it to be a fact.

And of course the government gives us our rights. All you've done is claim that the idea is absurd - you've not shown how it's false.

I took it to mean faith in Christ. Through faith in Christ we have eternal life

Back