Bronx Zoo Elephant Not a Person Court Rules

I am not confused. The UN declaration talks about absolute, qualified and limited rights, but if that's too confusing for you, I'll leave it unless it becomes relevant.
You have this false impression I care about the UN declaration. I don't. You referring to it when speaking with me has the same effect as my referring to the bible when talking to you.

Reactions: BMS
So what does that mean, we must care about the UN declaration but you dont have to care about God?
It means that I don't care what you don't care about. It means that the conversation has descended into a dialogue of the deaf and that life is too short to bandy irrelevancy with dullards.

It means that I don't care what you don't care about. It means that the conversation has descended into a dialogue of the deaf and that life is too short to bandy irrelevancy with dullards.
Then don't bother posting on a debating forum if all you want to do is make personal remarks

There are actually people who believe that animals should have the rights of humans and thus want the American court system to bestow personhood on them. If you want to see what I am talking about Google the above.

The court ruled 5-2 that elephants are not persons. That means two judges----actually believe animals should be granted the rights of persons.

What has this to do with abortion? Everything. It seems keeping an elephant confined to a Zoo is cruel. Thus, we have to give animals personhood so they can have our rights. Ironically, most of these radicals who want animals to have rights also support abortion.

Question to abortion supporters: why should we grant animals personhood status when they are clearly NOT persons, when we refuse to recognize actual people who ARE persons and their rights? Why should animals have more rights than unborn children?
It’s probably some round about way of giving humans animalhood so they can put people in a zoo.

It’s probably some round about way of giving humans animalhood so they can put people in a zoo.
I think the democrats would love to do that to republicans or more accurately conservatives. Sadly I don't see much difference between someone with a D or an R after their name.

Let me state it clearly. I have the right to free health care. Do you have that right? If so, are you permitted to exercise it by your government? If not, why has God given me that right and not you?

I also have the right to six weeks paid holiday every year, or I did when I was working. Do you have that right? If not, why has God given it to me and not you?

I could go on, but I'm sure you get the picture. Your view that all human beings have rights given by God is unsustainable, since I have rights that you don't. I see three possibilities:
1. God gave British people rights he denied to Americans.
2. Your government is preventing you from exercising some of your God-given rights.
3. At least some rights are granted by governments, not by God.

Which of these do you choose?
Bump for @Nedsk. You seem to have "forgotten" to answer this post. Twice. Will you go for strike three?

Perhaps like you he doesnt care.
Perhaps, unlike me, he is incapable of sustaining his argument.
Perhaps, like you, he has nothing to offer but pious platitudes that implode when challenged.
Perhaps he will have the good manners to reply himself, rather than rely on incompetent acolytes to deflect attention.
Perhaps we should all wait and give him a chance to reply.

Perhaps, unlike me, he is incapable of sustaining his argument.
Perhaps, like you, he has nothing to offer but pious platitudes that implode when challenged.
Perhaps he will have the good manners to reply himself, rather than rely on incompetent acolytes to deflect attention.
Perhaps we should all wait and give him a chance to reply.
Perhaps not. Perhaps he will put you on ignore like you put others on

Bump for @Nedsk. You seem to have "forgotten" to answer this post. Twice. Will you go for strike three?
I'm pretty sure I did answer but like a lot of people you probably need to hear things repeated before they sink in. There is some confusion again on your part in that you think everything is a right. Healthcare is not a right. Everything the gives you is not a right.

Does the British government provide you with food and shelter? Both of those are far more important in the daily life of a person but you didn't mention that as one of the "rights" you get from the government.

I'm pretty sure I did answer but like a lot of people you probably need to hear things repeated before they sink in.
Then doubtless you will be able to provide the post number where you do so. Surely no one would be so arrogant or stupid as to make abusive, sarcastic remarks like this without checking? Would they?
There is some confusion again on your part in that you think everything is a right. Healthcare is not a right. Everything the gives you is not a right.

Does the British government provide you with food and shelter? Both of those are far more important in the daily life of a person but you didn't mention that as one of the "rights" you get from the government.
Define "right". Please don't define it as "Things I approve of, which therefore come from God."

Yes, one is provided with food and shelter by the government if not able to provide for oneself. Every civilised country does this.

I'm pretty sure I did answer but like a lot of people you probably need to hear things repeated before they sink in. There is some confusion again on your part in that you think everything is a right. Healthcare is not a right. Everything the gives you is not a right.

If we take this to a higher level, what rights do you think we will have as citizens of the kingdom of God in the New Jerusalem? Ephesians 2:19. Rev 21:1-8

I'm just curious. I don't have an answer to this question.

Last edited:
Back