New York's concealed carry law unconstitutional?

Thistle

Will the Supreme Court find New York's concealed carry law unconstitutional? Questions, comments, predictions

The way it works now, is that you have to essentially write an essay about why you need a gun. They take your essay and put it in the paper shredder, and look to see if they can find your name printed somewhere in the New York Times, and if it turns out that you're a nobody (in their view) you don't get a permit.

You can see why some people felt like this was not a particularly constitutional way of approaching concealed carry permits.

The way it works now, is that you have to essentially write an essay about why you need a gun. They take your essay and put it in the paper shredder, and look to see if they can find your name printed somewhere in the New York Times, and if it turns out that you're a nobody (in their view) you don't get a permit.

You can see why some people felt like this was not a particularly constitutional way of approaching concealed carry permits.

Because it is Zoo York this doesn't surprise me.

I wonder how well they would tolerate this same procedure in order to get an abortion?

I wonder how well they would tolerate this same procedure in order to get an abortion?
But you see New Yorkers agree with abortion (which is not in the constitution) they disagree with the right to bear arms (which is).

But you see New Yorkers agree with abortion (which is not in the constitution) they disagree with the right to bear arms (which is).
Oooooh I get it it's bizarro world. Men are women, women are men, bidens the best president ever and only the rights not mentioned in the constitution are allowed. That does clear things up.

Oooooh I get it it's bizarro world. Men are women, women are men, bidens the best president ever and only the rights not mentioned in the constitution are allowed. That does clear things up.
What is particularly galling is understanding exactly how cynical these politicians are, who get into office, full well knowing that they have no legitimate case about infringing on the right to bear arms. But they count noses and just violate the Constitution coming and going, not because it's defensible, but because it's popular among the people they want to suck up to. This of course, is the whole point of the bill of rights. To protect individuals from that kind of scum baggery.

What is particularly galling is understanding exactly how cynical these politicians are, who get into office, full well knowing that they have no legitimate case about infringing on the right to bear arms. But they count noses and just violate the Constitution coming and going, not because it's defensible, but because it's popular among the people they want to suck up to. This of course, is the whole point of the bill of rights. To protect individuals from that kind of scum baggery.
"Bill of rights"? What's that?

New Yorkers are the people did the founders wrote the Bill of Rights to protect Americans against.
How can you say such a thing?

I am sure you are highly indignant when anyone insults the former Confederate States, right?

The fact is that Blue States like NY and CA are the chief drivers of our economy and contribute the most to our GDP.

The Constitution does not mention many things, like space exploration, an Air Force, or the internet.

If also states that gun toting should be well-regulated.

How can you say such a thing?

I am sure you are highly indignant when anyone insults the former Confederate States, right?

The fact is that Blue States like NY and CA are the chief drivers of our economy and contribute the most to our GDP.
And people are fleeing those states in droves

The Constitution does not mention many things, like space exploration, an Air Force, or the internet.

If also states that gun toting should be well-regulated.
Nor abortion.

No it doesn't. The militia should be well regulated. Youre on fire with silliness tonight huh?

Back