Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

Every Person refers to Father, Son, Holy Spirit, NOT to believers.
Since there are NOT three Gods or Lords all Christians are forbidden to say there are.
Are you saying there are 3 person's in each person? Or do you mean each individual person refers to one of the 3 person's?

God is The Lord of the sabbath, NOT men.
Men in Christ are lord of the sabbath.
Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Dominion=sovereignty or control.

Every Person refers to Father, Son, Holy Spirit, NOT to believers.
Since there are NOT three Gods or Lords all Christians are forbidden to say there are.
Not according to the trinitarian's Athanasian creed. Line 19. All Trinitarians must follow the Athanasian creed.

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;

19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;

Men in Christ are lord of the sabbath.
Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
Dominion=sovereignty or control.
Over the earth, NOT over the sabbath.
NO man is The Lord of anything or anyone.

Not according to the trinitarian's Athanasian creed. Line 19. All Trinitarians must follow the Athanasian creed.

1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
2. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled, without doubt he shall perish everlastingly.
3. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity;

19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
And ALL Christians subscribe to the Athanasian creed.

So, three persons who are the same God, as Trinitarians believe, isn't possible?
Is it? I'm curious, if we're created in the image of God, are you and I three persons as well?

Some attributes of God were attributed to men being made in his image. Other's are not. Being three persons is not one of those attributes that are given to men.

I'm guessing you don't believe three persons who are the same God is possible. Can you give a reason why you don't think it's possible?

God Bless

Some attributes of God were attributed to men being made in his image.
And what attributes are they?

Other's are not. Being three persons is not one of those attributes that are given to men.
Where did you get that the trinity of persons is an attribute of God?

This trinity attribute belongs to each person in the godhead?

And why wouldn't mankind be made in that image as well?

I'm guessing you don't believe three persons who are the same God is possible.
I don't. Just based on Jesus being on earth vs. God in heaven, ie, location, different thrones, one person praying and worshipping another in the godhead vs. not reciprocated, etc., shows me it's not true.

Can you give a reason why you don't think it's possible?

God Bless
I'm waiting for you to explain why man was made in a partial image of God.

Over the earth, NOT over the sabbath.
The sabbath happens to be a time on earth...Man has dominion over these things.
NO man is The Lord of anything or anyone.

Mark 10:42
But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.

Your ignorance is amazing.

So, three persons who are the same God, as Trinitarians believe, isn't possible?
The issue is not if it is possible it is if it is true...But it is not true

So, why do you keep on saying we believe in three Gods? Yes, the real issue is truth, not possibility, but you don't seem to be able to assess our claims of truth because you keep on jumping to three Gods as opposed to three persons who are the same God. How can you show three persons who are the same God is false if all of your arguments circle around three Gods?

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
Why? We claim "yet for us there is one God, the Father, from whom are all things and for whom we exist, and one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom are all things and through whom we exist." 1 Corinthians 8:6. We believe there is only one God, the Father is that one God, Jesus is that one God, while denying Jesus is his own Father.
How does that make any sense? The trinitarian creed says each person by himself is God and lord. Not each person is the same one God.
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
But you are forbidden to say three Gods.

What part of believing in three persons who are the same God is so hard for you to grasp?

You keep on saying we can't believe this when that's exactly what we believe.
You have no clue what you believe.

An absurd statement.

The Athanasian Creed explains the trinity. It does not say they are all the same God... Are you overriding your catholic doctrine?

The Creed states:
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one,
This is synonymous to "they are all the same God". Perhaps, I know more about Trinitarianism than you do.

We don't teach it, and we don't believe it. You are just confused.
Of course you do

"But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one," That makes them the same God, not three Gods.

This does not teach or imply three Gods.
This does...19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;

"But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one," That makes them the same God, not three Gods.

"Just like Jesus"? How far does this go? Is my wife to get a sex change to be more like Jesus?
Why are you bringing your wife into this? If you want her to have a sex change that is your personal decision
Or, is being "like Jesus" constrained to some aspects of Jesus while not including others?
It certainly does not mean having a sex change?
If it is constrained to only some aspects, then why is being "the Lord of the Sabbath" one of those things we will be like him?
because we are to be in him just as he is in his father. Why should we not be Lord of the sabbath? Is the sabbath to be Lord over us to dictate what we do?

I'm making a point. It's a classical form of argumentation: reductio ad absurdum. Look it up. My point is that only certain aspects are attributed to men for being in him. Mark 2:28 declares Jesus is "Lord even of the Sabbath". So, are we Lord? Is that our title? How exactly are you Lord? Are you saying Jesus isn't special at all? Just as Jesus is Lord, his disciples are Lord? "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2: 9-11. Is this applicable to us? No, I think you realize that there are somethings special about Jesus that are not ever attributed to his followers. This is clearly one of them. You're just not willing to admit your error. Jesus is Lord in such a way that his authority even applies to the Sabbath, and such makes him God.

God Bless

And ALL Christians subscribe to the Athanasian creed.
Therefore all Christians are compelled to acknowledge three Gods but they are forbidden to say three Gods...
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.

Some attributes of God were attributed to men being made in his image.
And what attributes are they?
Other's are not. Being three persons is not one of those attributes that are given to men.
Where did you get that the trinity of persons is an attribute of God?
This trinity attribute belongs to each person in the godhead?
And why wouldn't mankind be made in that image as well?

Talk about over analyzing everything to the point of understanding nothing.

I'm guessing you don't believe three persons who are the same God is possible.
I don't. Just based on Jesus being on earth vs. God in heaven, ie, location, different thrones, one person praying and worshipping another in the godhead vs. not reciprocated, etc., shows me it's not true.

That's a lot that of things that don't apply at all. "location, different thrones, one person praying and worshipping another in the godhead" are all expected given an incarnation of one member of a Trinity.

Can you give a reason why you don't think it's possible?
I'm waiting for you to explain why man was made in a partial image of God

That's easy, If we were a perfect image, then we would be God. We are not God, therefore, we are not a perfect image.

God Bless

So, why do you keep on saying we believe in three Gods?
because the Athanasian creed says you must acknowledge each person by himself is God but you are forbidden to say three Gods...Clear as day...
Yes, the real issue is truth, not possibility, but you don't seem to be able to assess our claims of truth because you keep on jumping to three Gods as opposed to three persons who are the same God.
The Athanasian creed says each person by himself is God. You cannot override the Athanasian creed.
How can you show three persons who are the same God is false if all of your arguments circle around three Gods?
You are teaching contrary to your Athanasian creed.

What part of believing in three persons who are the same God is so hard for you to grasp?
The part that you are teaching that is contrary to the Athanasian Creed. Each person by himself is God.
An absurd statement.
That is a statement of fact... You seem not to know that each person by himself is God
The Creed states:
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one,
It also states...19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
This is synonymous to "they are all the same God". Perhaps, I know more about Trinitarianism than you do.
Nope. It means they are each divine. 19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
No that means three divine Gods agree as one. Because19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
You cannot override 19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
Else you are not saved...1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;
I'm making a point. It's a classical form of argumentation: reductio ad absurdum. Look it up. My point is that only certain aspects are attributed to men for being in him. Mark 2:28 declares Jesus is "Lord even of the Sabbath". So, are we Lord? Is that our title? How exactly are you Lord? Are you saying Jesus isn't special at all? Just as Jesus is Lord, his disciples are Lord? "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2: 9-11. Is this applicable to us? No, I think you realize that there are somethings special about Jesus that are not ever attributed to his followers. This is clearly one of them. You're just not willing to admit your error. Jesus is Lord in such a way that his authority even applies to the Sabbath, and such makes him God.

God Bless
You seem to forget that believers are in Christ just as Christ is in God.
1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

Talk about over analyzing everything to the point of understanding nothing.
Why do say that? Because you can't explain yourself?

You've said being 3 persons is a attribute of God based on what? And since each person is God, why wouldn't they be 3 themselves?

That's a lot that of things that don't apply at all. "location, different thrones, one person praying and worshipping another in the godhead" are all expected given an incarnation of one member of a Trinity.
So the persons are different and at least one isn't truly God. God worships no one, but Jesus does.

It's expected God worships no one and bows to no one. It's in the commandments throughout Tanakh.

That's easy, If we were a perfect image, then we would be God. We are not God, therefore, we are not a perfect image.
Then Jesus isn't a perfect image of God as you've proved above.

BTW, I think you confuse image with essence.

God Bless
Likewise.

Last edited:
Why do say that? Because you can't explain yourself?

You've said being 3 persons is a attribute of God based on what? And since each person is God, why wouldn't they be 3 themselves?

So the persons are different and at least one isn't truly God. God worships no one, but Jesus does.

It's expected God worships no one and bows to no one. It's in the commandments throughout Tanakh.

Then Jesus isn't a perfect image of God as you've proved above.

BTW, I think you confuse image with essence.

Likewise.

John 11:41-42. In this passage, Jesus prays before He raises Lazarus from the dead: "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." So, one reason Jesus prayed to the Father was for the benefit of those around Him.

Also
Jesus prayed to the Father to enjoy the fellowship with His Father.

John 11:41-42. In this passage, Jesus prays before He raises Lazarus from the dead: "Father, I thank you that you have heard me. I knew that you always hear me, but I said this on account of the people standing around, that they may believe that you sent me." So, one reason Jesus prayed to the Father was for the benefit of those around Him.

Also
Then Jesus is not God. So why do you keep saying Jesus is God?

Then Jesus is not God. So why do you keep saying Jesus is God?
Why do you say He isn’t?
His prayers showed us his intimacy with His Father.

…and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Also
He prayed to God in heaven because he himself isn't God. All knees will bow and tongue confess...

Why do you say He isn’t?
His prayers showed us his intimacy with His Father.

…and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
That would be the Father as He created all with His spoken word. His word doesn't return void.

Moses, Abraham, judges, angels, kings, altars, are called God too.

That would be the Father as He created all with His spoken word. His word doesn't return void.
And the Word was with God, and the Word was God: With this brilliant statement, John 1:1 sets forth one of the most basic foundations of our faith – the Trinity. We can follow John’s logic:

· There is a Being known as the Word.· This Being is God, because He is eternal (In the beginning)· This Being is God, because He is plainly called God (the Word was God).· At the same time, this Being does not encompass all that God is. God the Father is a distinct Person from the Word (the Word was with God).
i. So, the Father and the Son (the Son is known here as the Word) are equally God, yet distinct in their Person. The Father is not the Son, and the Son is not the Father. Yet they are equally God, with God the Holy Spirit making one God in three Persons.

ii. The Word was with God: “This preposition implies intercourse and therefore separate personality. As Chrysostom says: ‘Not in God but with God, as person with person, eternally.'” (Dods)

iii. And the Word was God: “This is the true form of the sentence; not ‘God was the Word.’ This is absolutely required by the usage of the Greek language.” (Alford)

iv. “Luther says ‘the Word was God’ is against Arius: ‘the Word was with God’ against Sabellius.” (Dods)

v. And the Word was God: “Everything that can be said about God the Father can be said about God the Son. In Jesus dwells all the wisdom, glory, power, love, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth of the Father. In Him, God the Father is known.” (Boice)
Moses, Abraham, judges, angels, kings, altars, are called God too.
Nah

Back