Did Jesus teach he was GOD himself?

And the Word was with God, and the Word was God: With this brilliant statement, John 1:1 sets forth one of the most basic foundations of our faith – the Trinity. We can follow John’s logic:

· There is a Being known as the Word.· This Being is God, because He is eternal (In the beginning)· This Being is God, because He is plainly called God (the Word was God).· At the same time, this Being does not encompass all that God is. God the Father is a distinct Person from the Word (the Word was with God).
i. So, the Father and the Son (the Son is known here as the Word) are equally God, yet distinct in their Person. The Father is not the Son, and the Son is not the Father. Yet they are equally God, with God the Holy Spirit making one God in three Persons.

ii. The Word was with God: “This preposition implies intercourse and therefore separate personality. As Chrysostom says: ‘Not in God but with God, as person with person, eternally.'” (Dods)

iii. And the Word was God: “This is the true form of the sentence; not ‘God was the Word.’ This is absolutely required by the usage of the Greek language.” (Alford)

iv. “Luther says ‘the Word was God’ is against Arius: ‘the Word was with God’ against Sabellius.” (Dods)

v. And the Word was God: “Everything that can be said about God the Father can be said about God the Son. In Jesus dwells all the wisdom, glory, power, love, holiness, justice, goodness, and truth of the Father. In Him, God the Father is known.” (Boice)

Nah
Actually, throughout Tanakh, the term "word" is never a person. So, your argument is DOA. So much for your username. ;)

Bye bye ?

The sabbath happens to be a time on earth...Man has dominion over these things.

Mark 10:42
But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them.

Your ignorance is amazing.
But NOT one of them is The Lord of the sabbath.

Therefore all Christians are compelled to acknowledge three Gods but they are forbidden to say three Gods...
19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
20. So are we forbidden by the catholic religion to say; There are three Gods or three Lords.
ALL Christians are forbidden to say what does NOT exist: to wit, Three Gods or Three Lords.

אֲבִיעַ֖ד

What does it mean?

You don't know what the Father of Eternity means?

Think before you post, Anthony.
That's your problem of not understanding. The Son Who is given is called the everlasting Father. It's relative to His people. Not that He was The Father before any creation. It's also common sense.

H5703

Original: עד

Transliteration: ‛ad

Phonetic: ad

BDB Definition
:

1. perpetuity, for ever, continuing future
    1. ancient (of past time)
    2. for ever (of future time)
      1. of continuous existence
    3. for ever (of God's existence)
The first inference of His being The Father is in Exod 4:

22 “And you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus said יהוה, “Yisra’ĕl is My son, My first-born,

It's covenant relationship between God and Israel.

Nope, the RCC's false doctrine is running through the protestant churches. Protestant churches are the children of the RCC

The Vatican

You are conflating two different cities. Jerusalem on earth is never described as a woman Rev 17:18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth. As a matter of fact, Jerusalem does not reign over anything.

Here you are conflating again. It says Mt Sinai answers to Jerusalem that has nothing to do with revelation. It says the Jerusalem from above which has nothing to do with earthly cities.

No it does not. It hovers around the time of the gentiles.
Luke 21:24
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Romans 11:25
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

Actually, God sent his son to save all mankind...after which he will deliver Israel...Paul makes this clear in Rom 11. Have you ever read it? You should.
12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Romans 11:26
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Israel is not turned from ungodliness at this point, are they?

God did not call anyone to be Christians. Where did you get that from? Gentiles are grafted in there is no mention of christians being grafted in. Read Romans 11.
My goodness! Your post is full or vomit. All false interpretation when scriptures clearly teach that Mystery Babylon corresponds to the Judaism which is without Yeshua Messiah.

Christianity is not in scripture anywhere. The prophetic clock hovers around Israel.

To be a Christian is to follow Christ and has nothing to do with a religion called Christianity. Christ came to fulfill the Torah. Christianity to whom you belong contains hundreds of denominations which aren't in scriptures. RCC, protestantism, JWs, Unitarianism, Christodelphism, Mormonism, UPC, Baptistism, etc, have nothing to do with scriptures.

There is only one truth - It's the history of Israel, it's fall, rise and transition in Yeshua Messiah and true Christians are grafted among them. They aren't grafted to Christianity.
Nobody can understand the NT without God's working on Israel. There is only Jewish cult called Judaism through which is Anti-Messiah (Anti-Christ). I don't know how anyone can understand the Book of Revelation without the OT and historical Israel.

Rev 17: 18 itself gives us the interpretation of what the Mystery Babylon is. It's not RCC. It's easy for anyone who is not a Roman catholic to accuse RCC. It's only a part of world religions.

Rev 17: 18 The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”

The great City is Jerusalem where our Lord was crucified. It's not RCC. RCC wasn't even existing then. It was the Temple soldiers who arrested Yeshua Messiah on High Priests order. Then was handed over to Roman Rulers of that time. But Pilot found Him innocent and handed Him back to Judaizers for crucifixion according to the Torah - how a criminal was to be hanged on a Tree.

Much of brainwashing has happened in Christendom by depriving people from truth. They are being taught a Replacement Theology. Christianity has nothing to do with scriptures at all

Another thing you said Jerusalem doesn't rein over kings of the earth. That's false because you are ruled by a Replacement Theology that the church has replaced Israel and that's how you don't know what's going on .

I know hundreds of people who have come out of Christianity and have accepted Messiah, a true Jew. The kings of the earth are believers in Jewish Messiah who have renounced Christianity and Replacement Theology.

The interpretation of who kings are in scriptures themselves:

Rev 5:
9 They sang a new song, saying, “You are worthy to take the book and to open its seals: for you were killed, and bought us for God with your blood out of every tribe, language, people, and nation,

10 and made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign on the earth.”

The New Song deals with a New Covenant.

The Messiah's Priesthood is after the order of Mekitsedek. The definition of Mekitsedek is King of Righteousness.

He being The High Priest, we are made kings and priests of the kingdom of God by Him.

It's quite obvious these kings have committed adultery with Judaism (The Whore - mystery Babylon). How? By keeping the carnal Torah based on the observation of a Jewish calendar.

I know many from Hebrew movement who keep literally all feasts of Israel in foreign soils. The feasts (Muadym) were to be kept only in specified place by YHWH. That's how we find in Acts 2 that many people from different countries gathered in Jerusalem for the feast of Pentecost.

Israel in transition still kept the feasts in Jerusalem in the Book of Acts. But feasts can't be kept in foreign soils. But these people from Hebrew movement still observe the 7 feasts in foreign soil which accounts to fornication with the Whore - Mystery Babylon. I was also part of that and have come out at this call:

Rev 18: 4 I heard another voice from heaven, saying, “Come out of her, my people, that you have no participation in her sins, and that you don’t receive of her plagues,

Formation of the nation of Israel in Middle East is as per prophecy which is a political country having great influence over the world. Majority of companies are owned by Jewish elites. The Banking system is managed by them as Federal Reserve System. Out of this will be a world religion of Judaism will be established from which Anti-Messiah will manifest. The Covid thing is working in this direction.

Daniel's interpretation of the great image that Nebuchadsnezar saw in his dream symbolize political powers that affected historical Israel and how in the end it will affect spiritual Israel. Last Last kingdom is represented by Iron and clay which is State and Religion mixed. The clay is related to the Potter Who God is which is related to both true and false believers. This kingdom of Anti-Messiah will be thrown down in the end by the 2nd coming of our Great God and Savior Yeshua Messiah. Time is short.

Christendom in general believe that it will be dealt separately and will be raptured before Jacob's trouble. But this belief is false as it's dispensationalism that's nothing to do with scriptures.

Understanding Torah in spirit is very important to understand prophetic scriptures. Yeshua Messiah came to fulfill and not to do away with Torah. It's important to understand prophetic scriptures.

Heb 8:
8 For finding fault with them, he said, “Behold, the days come”, says the Lord, “that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah;

9 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; for they didn’t continue in my covenant, and I disregarded them,” says the Lord.

10 “For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel. After those days,” says the Lord; “I will put my laws into their mind, I will also write them on their heart. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

God is not making any new covenant with Christendom but with the house of Judah and Israel. We need to be grafted among them:

Rom 11:
17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the root and of the richness of the olive tree,

18 don’t boast over the branches. But if you boast, it is not you who support the root, but the root supports you.

If you still don't understand I can't help it. The prophetic clock hovers around Israel till the end of this age. That's why I have shunned the religion of Christianity.

That's your problem of not understanding.
Rotfl... the question was asked of you, not because I didn't know it.

The Son Who is given is called the everlasting Father. It's relative to His people. Not that He was The Father before any creation. It's also common sense.
No, the term is used with respect to eternity not any other relationship after creation. It's common sense.

H5703

Original: עד

Transliteration: ‛ad

Phonetic: ad

BDB Definition
:

1. perpetuity, for ever, continuing future
    1. ancient (of past time)
    2. for ever (of future time)
      1. of continuous existence
    3. for ever (of God's existence)
Ok.

The first inference of His being The Father is in Exod 4:

22 “And you shall say to Pharaoh, ‘Thus said יהוה, “Yisra’ĕl is My son, My first-born,
And Jesus is called son as well. So, Jesus isn't his own son.

It's covenant relationship between God and Israel.
Your own definitions above contradict you. Again, think before you post, Anthony.

Last edited:
FYI, you're the one who does not know Him ( Jesus Christ ) as the Messiah you MUST Go through in order to get to God the Father in Heaven! -------------------------

John 14:6​

New International Version​

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
This refers to Torah, which is the way, truth, and life.

Why do you say He isn’t?
His prayers showed us his intimacy with His Father.
His prayers show us his father is God. Therefore he is not God.
…and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
As long as it says "with" God he cannot be God unless he is his own father. If the Word is Jesus and God is his father. It is saying Jesus was with his Father and Jesus was his father.
Can you put persons to the pronouns for this to make sense?

…and the Word(Jesus) was with God (His Father), and the Word (Jesus ) was God (his Father). The same(Jesus) was in the beginning with God(his Father). All things were made by him(Jesus); and without him(Jesus) was not any thing made that was made.

There is no way to formulate that passage without implicating that Jesus was his own Father.
Would you care to break it down to show that Jesus is not his own Father?

ERROR, consider this, 1 John 1:5 "This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all."
do you understand? ...... "GOD IS LIGHT"... Correct.... now this, John 1:1 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
John 1:2 "The same was in the beginning with God."
John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
John 1:4 "In him was life; and the life was the light of men."
John 1:5 "And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."John 1:6 "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John."
John 1:7 "The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe."
John 1:8 "He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light."
John 1:9 "That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world."

so, who is the "TRUE LIGHT? ... answer "GOD" and who did John witness to? answer, JESUS the Christ, the Word here in John 1. so the Lord Jesus is the "TRUE GOD."

now this, John 17:3 "And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent."

NOW, if the Lord Jesus is not the ONE .... "TRUE GOD", then one have two TRUE GODS, wich is anti bible. .

PICJAG, 101G.

My goodness! Your post is full or vomit.
Sorry mu post is not full of you.
All false interpretation when scriptures clearly teach that Mystery Babylon corresponds to the Judaism which is without Yeshua Messiah.
No, it does not.
Christianity is not in scripture anywhere.
I already said that
The prophetic clock hovers around Israel.
No, it does not. This is the time of the gentiles...
Luke 21:24
And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
To be a Christian is to follow Christ and has nothing to do with a religion called Christianity.
To be a christian is a self-appointment. God did not call anyone to be a christian
Christ came to fulfill the Torah.
He did fulfil it.
Christianity to whom you belong contains hundreds of denominations which aren't in scriptures.
I belong to Christ so your claim is baseless.
RCC, protestantism, JWs, Unitarianism, Christodelphism, Mormonism, UPC, Baptistism, etc, have nothing to do with scriptures.
Another baseless claim. The scripture speaks about them. The RCC is the Mother of harlots and Those that came out from her are her daughters...
There is only one truth - It's the history of Israel, it's fall, rise and transition in Yeshua Messiah and true Christians are grafted among them.
How does that make any sense? Are you saying nothing else but the history of Israel is true? I already said God did not call anyone to be a christian, therefore christians are not grafted anywhere
They aren't grafted to Christianity.
They are not grafted to Israel either.
Nobody can understand the NT without God's working on Israel.
What Israel? To this day the leaders of Israel reject Jesus.
There is only Jewish cult called Judaism through which is Anti-Messiah (Anti-Christ).
The Jewish leadership was always anti Christ, they killed him, didn't they?
I don't know how anyone can understand the Book of Revelation without the OT and historical Israel.
God gives them understanding.
Rev 17: 18 itself gives us the interpretation of what the Mystery Babylon is.
No it does not. Those are two different cities.
It's not RCC. It's easy for anyone who is not a Roman catholic to accuse RCC. It's only a part of world religions.
It is the RCC The RCC is the leader of world religions...
Rev 17: 18 The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.”
In terms of Religious leadership, Jerusalem is not reigning over anyone . But the Vatican does
The great City is Jerusalem where our Lord was crucified.
That is another city...
8 And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.

It's not RCC. RCC wasn't even existing then.
And Jerusalem never reigned over any kings of the earth...18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

It was the Temple soldiers who arrested Yeshua Messiah on High Priests order. Then was handed over to Roman Rulers of that time. But Pilot found Him innocent and handed Him back to Judaizers for crucifixion according to the Torah - how a criminal was to be hanged on a Tree.
Then it is clear you are conflating two different cities... One where our Lord was crucified and one who reigns over the kings of the earth...
Much of brainwashing has happened in Christendom by depriving people from truth.
And you are adding to the confusion
They are being taught a Replacement Theology. Christianity has nothing to do with scriptures at all
And you are teaching two different cities as one city.

As long as it says "with" God he cannot be God unless he is his own father. If the Word is Jesus and God is his father. It is saying Jesus was with his Father and Jesus was his father.

…and the Word(Jesus) was with God (His Father), and the Word (Jesus ) was God (his Father). The same(Jesus) was in the beginning with God(his Father). All things were made by him(Jesus); and without him(Jesus) was not any thing made that was made.

There is no way to formulate that passage without implicating that Jesus was his own Father.
As long as it says "with" God and “was” God than He is the “I Am”.

Revelation 19:13
And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

Talk about over analyzing everything to the point of understanding nothing.
Why do say that? Because you can't explain yourself?

You've said being 3 persons is a attribute of God based on what? And since each person is God, why wouldn't they be 3 themselves?

The questions you were asking did not express any attempt to understand what was being said. The exact same types of questions can be produced ad infinitum as to question anything. I said "Some attributes of God were attributed to men being made in his image. Other's are not." This is a truism for every interpretation of man being made in God's image. What are the attributes of God along with which attributes are attributed to men and which are not is hotly debated, but that there is disagreement on such doesn't touch the truism. I also said "Being three persons is not one of those attributes that are given to men." That's my application of this truism to your question. Without any further clarification from you, such fully answers your question. If you think my application is unreasonable, then you have to provide your reasoning. This is true no matter how I would answer your question. That's why those questions in this context express an attempt to over analyze the minutia of situation before understanding what I'm saying.

DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
That's a lot that of things that don't apply at all. "location, different thrones, one person praying and worshipping another in the godhead" are all expected given an incarnation of one member of a Trinity.
So the persons are different and at least one isn't truly God. God worships no one, but Jesus does
It's expected God worships no one and bows to no one. It's in the commandments throughout Tanakh.

Nope. One who is true God emptied himself as to become man. In that situation, what would his relationship as man be to the other members of the Godhead? Answer, as a creature. Therefore, worship is expected as man; while as God, it's expected God worships no one and bows to no one.

That's easy, If we were a perfect image, then we would be God. We are not God, therefore, we are not a perfect image.
Then Jesus isn't a perfect image of God as you've proved above
BTW, I think you confuse image with essence.

Sir, Jesus, who is God, as God is the perfect image of God.

God Bless

So, why do you keep on saying we believe in three Gods?
because the Athanasian creed says you must acknowledge each person by himself is God but you are forbidden to say three Gods...Clear as day...

No, that the Athanasian creed says "Thus the Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God. Yet there are not three gods; there is but one God." proves that you are misinterpreting the Athanasian creed when you say it's teaching three Gods.

The Creed states:
But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one,
It also states...19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;

That Creed states "But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one," proves you are misinterpreting it.

"But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one," That makes them the same God, not three Gods.
You cannot override 19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;
Else you are not saved...1. Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith;

I'm not overriding anything. I'm proving that you are misinterpreting line 19 of the Athanasian creed.

I'm making a point. It's a classical form of argumentation: reductio ad absurdum. Look it up. My point is that only certain aspects are attributed to men for being in him. Mark 2:28 declares Jesus is "Lord even of the Sabbath". So, are we Lord? Is that our title? How exactly are you Lord? Are you saying Jesus isn't special at all? Just as Jesus is Lord, his disciples are Lord? "Therefore God has highly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, so that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." Philippians 2:9-11. Is this applicable to us? No, I think you realize that there are somethings special about Jesus that are not ever attributed to his followers. This is clearly one of them. You're just not willing to admit your error. Jesus is Lord in such a way that his authority even applies to the Sabbath, and such makes him God.
You seem to forget that believers are in Christ just as Christ is in God.
1 Corinthians 6:3
Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?

You seem to ignore everything in Scripture that I just pointed out as to pretend such is meaningful. Yes we will judge Angels, does that mean every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Newbirth is Lord, to the glory of God the Father? Nope, nice job ignoring these passages. BTW in Isaiah 45:23, God says "By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'", and Paul attributes that to Jesus. Paul, referencing a multi-chapter diatribe on the Greatness and Uniqueness of YHWH, attributes such to Jesus. That's argumbly the one of the strongest Biblical evidences for Jesus being God that there can be, and you attribute such to men. That's Blasphemy, pure and simply. Good luck with such beliefs.

God Bless

Strawman from start to finish.

No, that the Athanasian creed says "Thus the Father is God, the Son is God, the Holy Spirit is God. Yet there are not three gods; there is but one God." proves that you are misinterpreting the Athanasian creed when you say it's teaching three Gods.
No, it shows that the writers are aware they are saying three Gods so they violate logic by saying ... Yet there are not three Gods. I am nor misinterpreting anything... The Athanasian creed must abide by the scripture not the other way around. They say three Gods then tell me ,yet there are not three. It is clear those are their words. Each by himself is God and Lord.
That Creed states "But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one," proves you are misinterpreting it.
How am I misinterpreting ...Each person by himself is God? Please explain what each person by himself is God means?
I'm not overriding anything. I'm proving that you are misinterpreting line 19 of the Athanasian creed.
No, I am not. Are you saying that, 19. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord;...means that one must acknowledge every person by himself as not God?
You seem to ignore everything in Scripture that I just pointed out as to pretend such is meaningful.
You have to point out where the Athanasian creed is written in the scripture.
Yes we will judge Angels, does that mean every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Newbirth is Lord, to the glory of God the Father? Nope,
I never made that claim, did I? So it is a strawman.
nice job ignoring these passages.
Was the Sabbath made for man or was man made for the Sabbath? If the sabbath was made for me then why should i not have dominion over it?
BTW in Isaiah 45:23, God says "By myself I have sworn; from my mouth has gone out in righteousness a word that shall not return: ‘To me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear allegiance.'", and Paul attributes that to Jesus. Paul, referencing a multi-chapter diatribe on the Greatness and Uniqueness of YHWH, attributes such to Jesus. That's argumbly the one of the strongest Biblical evidences for Jesus being God that there can be, and you attribute such to men. That's Blasphemy, pure and simply. Good luck with such beliefs.

God Bless
In the same chapter please explain 11 Thus saith the Lord, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me.
Who is the Maker of the Holy One of Israel?

Back