Federalism Is Our Way Of Government

Other than the occasional SCOTUS ruling keeping the US government in-check, where's the evidence that government isn't acting within constitutional parameters?
The evidence is the myriad of Federal agencies, the proliferation of laws and requirements, the Federalization of state crimes, and the enactment of entitlements. The Federal government should not be in the housing business, nor should they be the sole purveyor of student loans, or giving money to private institutions like Planned Parenthood, and none of that is a Federal responsibility. There are approximately 18 enumerated powers in the Federal Constitution and according to the same Constitution anything else that is to be done is for each individual sovereign state to do.

The evidence is the myriad of Federal agencies, the proliferation of laws and requirements, the Federalization of state crimes, and the enactment of entitlements. The Federal government should not be in the housing business, nor should they be the sole purveyor of student loans, or giving money to private institutions like Planned Parenthood, and none of that is a Federal responsibility. There are approximately 18 enumerated powers in the Federal Constitution and according to the same Constitution anything else that is to be done is for each individual sovereign state to do.
But the Democrats love them some "general welfare" which they use the federal government can be involved with everything in you life from A to Z. Don't you know Democrats only want what's best for you? Doesn't make make you feel safe?

But the Democrats love them some "general welfare" which they use the federal government can be involved with everything in you life from A to Z. Don't you know Democrats only want what's best for you? Doesn't make make you feel safe?
um

You realize it is the Republicans that are taking away our bodily autonomy and right to privacy, right?

Oh sure, never felt safer. Just like if ANTIFA had their clubhouse next door to my house.

You realize it is the Republicans that are taking away our bodily autonomy and right to privacy, right?
Ya no, you tried that with your vaccine, tried to penetrate my body integrity.

Just like the government can't stop you from drinking fluid and peeing, they can't stop people from having sex and impregnating each other..

You need to take responsibility with your bodily functions man.

It's like you people look at the situation and say "let's kill it."

None of this is unconstitutional, sorry. You're confusing what you'd like the federal government to be - with what the Constitution says; the two are not the same.

There's nothing in the constitution which says the federal government can't have more agencies than you approve of; nothing says the fed can't get involved in housing, or student loans, or any of the stuff you listed. Nothing in the constitution says the states must do any of those things, either.

You want the US federal government to be different than it currently is. That may be a valid complaint, and is certainly one worth debating. However, there's very little support for your opinion in the constitution; nothing particularly against it, either.

um

There is no full bore right to bodily autonomy and privacy in this country. Like Joe Biden likes to say, rights (even though privacy is not one) are not absolute. Now let us explore this concept of "privacy" and "bodily autonomy" and how it pertains to the law and thus the people in our country.

Can a woman open up a business, put up a sign that advertises her "attributes" and the "good time" that can be had with her if she so desires under this "privacy" doctrine? Not in 49 of the 50 states can she do that. Can any person legally ingest any kind of mind-altering substance under this same privacy doctrine that you espouse? Of course not, as most states still forbid such a thing.

So, in the end we can see that the "right to privacy" that the court came up with in the Roe case was a complete myth, a fabrication. If it was to be applicable in the Roe case, it would have had to be applicable in the examples I cited. It wasn't, and laws can be dutifully enacted by each individual state to prevent people from engaging in such things.

So no, the Republicans never took away anyone's bodily autonomy or right to privacy in the legal sense., or in any sense at all.

Last edited:
None of this is unconstitutional, sorry. You're confusing what you'd like the federal government to be - with what the Constitution says; the two are not the same.

There's nothing in the constitution which says the federal government can't have more agencies than you approve of; nothing says the fed can't get involved in housing, or student loans, or any of the stuff you listed. Nothing in the constitution says the states must do any of those things, either.

You want the US federal government to be different than it currently is. That may be a valid complaint, and is certainly one worth debating. However, there's very little support for your opinion in the constitution; nothing particularly against it, either.
Have you ever heard of "involuntary servitude"? Well, that to my mind is what the Federal government is engaging in when they force me at the point of their spear to turn over a portion of my salary so they can give it to others through all those Federal programs that have no basis in fact in the U.S. Constitution. The politicians have fudged their legality so that they can amass ever more power through each person's re-election after re-election. Such a thing is immoral, and dare I say completely un-constitutional.

Ya no, you tried that with your vaccine, tried to penetrate my body integrity.

Just like the government can't stop you from drinking fluid and peeing, they can't stop people from having sex and impregnating each other..

You need to take responsibility with your bodily functions man.

It's like you people look at the situation and say "let's kill it."
I was never for vaccine mandates, because it is hard to belive anyone would be so stupid as to not wanting to be protected from a deadly pandemic.

All the conspiracy theories the COIVID deniers fell for were really goofy.

Regardless, right-wingers want government to own our bodies, rather than having us own ourselves.

I was never for vaccine mandates, because it is hard to belive anyone would be so stupid as to not wanting to be protected from a deadly pandemic.
These vaccines do not protect anyone and have actually caused harm to some people. Time after time we see that those who have gotten them have come up with Covid. Natural immunity is the best antidote, as the 1918 flu attest. Yes, some will die, but once natural immunity kicks in most will live.

Regardless, right-wingers want government to own our bodies, rather than having us own ourselves.
As false a statement as I have ever seen. It is fact, it is the left who are the most authoritarian and we have seen that all through the Covid scare. Do this, do that, stay home, wear a mask, wash your hands, wash your countertops, close the schools, and on and on it went. What did we eventually find out? Most of it was useless junk. I mean really, Whitmer from Michigan would not even let you buy gardening stuff!

These vaccines do not protect anyone and have actually caused harm to some people. Time after time we see that those who have gotten them have come up with Covid. Natural immunity is the best antidote, as the 1918 flu attest. Yes, some will die, but once natural immunity kicks in most will live.

as I said, hard to believe anyone could be that stupid
As false a statement as I have ever seen. It is fact, it is the left who are the most authoritarian and we have seen that all through the Covid scare. Do this, do that, stay home, wear a mask, wash your hands, wash your countertops, close the schools, and on and on it went. What did we eventually find out? Most of it was useless junk. I mean really, Whitmer from Michigan would not even let you buy gardening stuff!

Republicans hate freedom and democracy

they want a totalitarian government run by their God-King, Donald Trump

Republicans hate freedom and democracy
They (and I) love freedom and our republican form of government. We are not a "democracy".
they want a totalitarian government run by their God-King, Donald Trump
As a constitutionalist, even though he did a good job while in office, I personally do not want him again. I'm looking forward to a President Ron DeSantis, the great governor of my state.

They (and I) love freedom and our republican form of government. We are not a "democracy".

A Republic is a form of democracy.

As a constitutionalist, even though he did a good job while in office, I personally do not want him again. I'm looking forward to a President Ron DeSantis, the great governor of my state.

Less of a clown than Trump, but still a nut.

A Republic is a form of democracy.
Yes, you are correct, though there are different kinds of democracies. We could be called a "Constitutional Democracy", not a pure democracy. We are more closely aligned with the term "Republic" however as power resides with the people, through their representatives, with an elected leader. The Democrats do a disservice by the continuing use of the word democracy. Many of our citizens are under-educated in these things and think that the issue that gets the most votes wins, and that is not true when it comes to our Constitutional Republic.

Less of a clown than Trump, but still a nut.
So, who would your nut be, the highly unqualified, completely unlikeable, and word salad spewing V.P. K. Harris? Would it be the totally incompetent Pete Buttigieg perhaps? Or maybe a blast from the past, the perennial loser and mush despised Hillary Clinton?

um

First of all are you a woman? Oh that's right you don't know what a woman is. Second were you in favor of vaccine mandates? If so, the "bodily autonomy" argument should never come out of your mouth. Third point to where the right to privacy exists in the constitution. Fourth if it did exist show how killing is necessary to maintain your "privacy".

That's mighty buttholish of you.
All the conspiracy theories the COIVID deniers fell for were really goofy.

So your authoritarian ways were thwarted and now you are yet again projecting your authoritarianism.

Nobody believes little boys crying wolf anymore, you are the wolf.

That's mighty buttholish of you.

So your authoritarian ways were thwarted and now you are yet again projecting your authoritarianism.

Nobody believes little boys crying wolf anymore, you are the wolf.
No it's a little boy but it doesn't really know what a boy is so....

Back