EPA Gets Kneecapped At The USSC

Authentic Nouveau

“Since passage of the Act 50 years ago, EPA has exercised this authority by setting performance standards based on measures that would reduce pollution by causing plants to operate more cleanly. In 2015, however, EPA issued a new rule concluding that the “best system of emission reduction” for existing coal-fired power plants included a requirement that such facilities reduce their own production of electricity, or subsidize increased generation by natural gas, wind, or solar sources.
The question before us is whether this broader conception of EPA’s authority is within the power granted to it by the Clean Air Act.”

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=246247

So the EPA kicked in the shins and now faces restricted powers and can't make arbitrary laws.

EPA bullies, CDC bullies all faced setbacks.

One old example. They wanted to dictate MPG rules. But the refused to study and report how for every thousand pounds of weight you take out of a car to meet millage standards, the death rate for collisions goes way up.

Political corruption will cause all your energy sources gas and electricity to rise and reliability to fall.

“Since passage of the Act 50 years ago, EPA has exercised this authority by setting performance standards based on measures that would reduce pollution by causing plants to operate more cleanly. In 2015, however, EPA issued a new rule concluding that the “best system of emission reduction” for existing coal-fired power plants included a requirement that such facilities reduce their own production of electricity, or subsidize increased generation by natural gas, wind, or solar sources.
The question before us is whether this broader conception of EPA’s authority is within the power granted to it by the Clean Air Act.”

So the EPA kicked in the shins and now faces restricted powers and can't make arbitrary laws.

One old example. They wanted to dictate MPG rules. But the refused to study and report how for every thousand pounds of weight you take out of a car to meet millage standards, the death rate for collisions goes way up.

Political corruption will cause all your energy sources gas and electricity to rise and reliability to fall.
I heard this on the radio and was thrilled!

Excellent to hear

The Clean Air Act authorizes the EPA to impose the “best system of emission reduction” for controlling carbon emissions. So it would seem that these regulatory restrictions fall into its stated mission.

But the RWers on SCOTUS have clearly been put in place to gut the regulatory power of the govt when it affects corporations. This decision was backed by the coal industry (surprise, surprise).

The Clean Air Act authorizes the EPA to impose the “best system of emission reduction” for controlling carbon emissions. So it would seem that these regulatory restrictions fall into its stated mission.

But the RWers on SCOTUS have clearly been put in place to gut the regulatory power of the govt when it affects corporations. This decision was backed by the coal industry (surprise, surprise).
And we all know RWErs want everyone to die.

Greenie weenie political talking points. Notice you can't post the law the EPA didn't follow.

Problem is...the EPA would be able to pass any method to reduce Carbon. Any method.

I also doubt it was backed by the coal industry.

We just need more nuclear and virtually all of our energy problems will go away.

But gooberment needs problems to save us from...

We just need more nuclear and virtually all of our energy problems will go away.

But gooberment needs problems to save us from...
Do the math.

I had dinner in Fort Worth many years ago with an engineer who sold software to manage nuclear plants. At his home.
His career ended.
I was on a Climate Progress discussion board suggesting nuclear was great. They insisted was too dangerous. So I posted a clip of a nuclear power plant aircraft carrier. New and just commissioned. I got banned.

Do the math.

I had dinner in Fort Worth many years ago with an engineer who sold software to manage nuclear plants. At his home.
His career ended.
I was on a Climate Progress discussion board suggesting nuclear was great. They insisted was too dangerous. So I posted a clip of a nuclear power plant aircraft carrier. New and just commissioned. I got banned.

Banning is generally a knee jerk reaction based in fear.

Do the math.

His career ended.
How utterly unsurprising.

Banning is generally a knee jerk reaction based in fear.
The logical consequence of hearing an argument that you don't have a good answer to is changing your mind. None of these people have the courage to stand up to their fellow travelers when it comes to "changing their minds." So reactions like banning people aren't too surprising in the face of profound cowardice. There are only two kinds of leftists, the cowardly and the evil. Although a few are both cowardly and evil.

The logical consequence of hearing an argument that you don't have a good answer to is changing your mind. None of these people have the courage to stand up to their fellow travelers when it comes to "changing their minds." So reactions like banning people aren't too surprising in the face of profound cowardice. There are only two kinds of leftists, the cowardly and the evil. Although a few are both cowardly and evil.
  • “It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.” ― Mark Twain

Jaw-droppingly stupid source.

Climate Change is a reality.

Back