Resisting God, His Grace, His Spirit

Correct it’s resisted all of the time otherwise believers would become sinless .

Have you ever considered that Irresistible Grace is referring to a specific gracious act of God? An act of God that brings a person to the point where they perceive the preaching of the cross as no longer foolishness but the power and wisdom of God?

Can you resist Christ now, or has he become to you irresistible?

“For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1Co 1:18)

“but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called,…Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.” (1Co 1:23-24)

“And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,” (1Co 1:30)

Has Christ became irresistible to you… if not how do you know you are “being saved”?

Have you ever considered that Irresistible Grace is referring to a specific gracious act of God? An act of God that brings a person to the point where they perceive the preaching of the cross as no longer foolishness but the power and wisdom of God?

Can you resist Christ now, or has he become to you irresistible?

“For the word of the cross is folly to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.” (1Co 1:18)

“but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but to those who are called,…Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.” (1Co 1:23-24)

“And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,” (1Co 1:30)

Has Christ became irresistible to you… if not how do you know you are “being saved”?

Being saved, not saved. so grace is resistible otherwise you would become sinless. You made my point for me so thanks for the verses.

Correct it’s resisted all of the time otherwise believers would become sinless .
Grace that saves is not resisted all the time (cf Jn 6:37; 10:27-29).

Believers are not sinless because of the principle of sin (Rom 7:21ff).

A failure in the laws of logic. God can be resisted or He cannot. Basics 101. Its the same as God exists or God does not exist. It cannot be both A/B, and, or etc........... Its one or the other. I have proved numerous times God can be resisted throughout both testaments.

hope this helps !!!

Being saved, not saved. so grace is resistible otherwise you would become sinless. You made my point for me so thanks for the verses.

And by you falsely assuming Irresistible Grace is referring to ALL grace proves my point that you do not understand the Calvinist doctrine of Irresistible Grace is referring to a specific grace.

Again… Can you now resist Christ and reject him as foolishness… or has Christ so became to you such that he is irresistible?

If you can not answer this question you will have proven you do not understand Irresistible Grace properly!

And by you falsely assuming Irresistible Grace is referring to ALL grace proves my point that you do not understand the Calvinist doctrine of Irresistible Grace is referring to a specific grace.

Again… Can you now resist Christ and reject him as foolishness… or has Christ so became to you such that he is irresistible?

If you can not answer this question you will have proven you do not understand Irresistible Grace properly!

Sorry grace is grace. God is either gracious or He is not. God can be resisted or He cannot. Nice try.

hope this helps !!!

A failure in the laws of logic. God can be resisted or He cannot. Basics 101.
The law of deceit rules you now. You know the "grace" being referred to is "saving grace." That grace is irresistible. You also know Jesus says those given to Him by the Father to save, WILL COME TO HIM (Jn 6:37). That is irresistible grace.

" irresistible " grace is not in the bible, its calvinism doctine, the doctrine of a man.

In my new thread Cain resisted God.

Sorry grace is grace. God is either gracious or He is not. God can be resisted or He cannot. Nice try.

hope this helps !!!
That's bad, unbiblical, scripture denying theology ((Jn 6:37; 10:27-29.)

You've fallen far away in your study. That is not God's fault. It's yours.

" irresistible " grace is not in the bible, its calvinism doctine, the doctrine of a man.

The concept of Irresistible Grace is gleaned from scripture (Jn 6:37; 10:27-29, et. al).

Denial of that is not from God, but from men ... ?

Many people resist God, in fact, the majority of Israel did, and they remain apostate to this day, as I fear you do.

Resisting Gods grace in salvation spelled out in Scripture. Hebrews is written to BELIEVERS who can fall away as we read also in Hebrews 6:4-6. The P in the flower petal just fell off.

Hebrews 10
If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27 but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God. 28 Anyone who rejected the law of Moses died without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 How much more severely do you think someone deserves to be punished who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, who has treated as an unholy thing the blood of the covenant that sanctified them, and who has insulted the Spirit of grace? 30 For we know him who said, “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” and again, “The Lord will judge his people.” 31 It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 Remember those earlier days after you had received the light, when you endured in a great conflict full of suffering. 33 Sometimes you were publicly exposed to insult and persecution; at other times you stood side by side with those who were so treated. 34 You suffered along with those in prison and joyfully accepted the confiscation of your property, because you knew that you yourselves had better and lasting possessions. 35 So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.

36 You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. 37 For,

“In just a little while,
he who is coming will come
and will not delay.”

38 And,

“But my righteous one will live by faith.
And I take no pleasure
in the one who shrinks back.”

39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

hope this helps !!!

Resisting Gods grace in salvation spelled out in Scripture. Hebrews is written to BELIEVERS who can fall away as we read also in Hebrews 6:4-6. The P in the flower petal just fell off.

Do you believe those “BELIEVERS” were born again/ regenerate before they fell away?

Did they become unborn again/ unregenerate when they fell away?

Why or Why not?

Back