Grace definition

Where is grace irresistible below ?

Thayer's Greek Lexicon
STRONGS NT 5485: χάρις

χάρις, χάριτος, accusative χάριν, and twice in L T Tr WH the rarer form χάριτα(Acts 24:27; Jude 1:4) which is also poetic (cf. Alexander Buttmann (1873) Ausf. Spr. i. § 44 Anm. 1; (WHs Appendix, 157{b}; Buttmann, 13 (12))), accusative plural χάριτας (Acts 24:27 R G), ἡ(χαίρω), from Homer down, Hebrew חֵן, grace; i. e.
1. properly, that which affords joy, pleasure, delight, sweetness, charm, loveliness: grace of speech (Ecclesiastes 10:12; Sir. 21:16 Sir. 37:21; Homer, Odyssey 8, 175; τῶν λόγων, Demosthenes, 51, 9; 1419, 16; χάριτεςμωρῶν, verbal pleasantries which the foolish affect in order to ingratiate themselves, Sir. 20:13), λόγοι χάριτος(genitive of quality), Luke 4:22; χάρινδιδόναι τοῖς ἀκούουσιν, Ephesians 4:29; ἐν χάριτι, with grace (the substantive, ἅλας being added; see Lightfoot), Colossians 4:6.
Whether it is or isn’t in what you have below, who cares?

Read the Bible buddy, in context, context, context.

Lexicons don't determine this, context of Scripture determines this.
Amen!
Calvinists don't (necessarily) believe all grace is irresistible, or that irresistibility is something "inherent" in grace. We simply believe that there is a grace where efficaciously draws the elect, and this comes from Scripture.

Where? I'll get to it.
I proved total depravity yesterday.
I'm working on a post proving unconditional election right now.
We'll get to irresistible grace in time.

Writing productive and substantive posts takes longer than one-liners about "popcorn" or insulting Calvinists, or a 5-second quoting of a lexicon or two.
So be patient.
But I don’t think he cares about context.

oops ahhh, Wadda waddy do!
Team true dats
Next

?

no scripture just assumptions
Since you cannot attack the argument might as well attack the person

next

You want to talk scripture? Context? Can you handle it?

It cannot be both it’s either or . Either the spirit , new birth happens before hearing and believing the gospel or it’s after . It cannot be both .

You once again made my point for me with your false dichotomy fallacy .

hope this helps !!!
ReverendRV said:
Fair enough...

I hope you accept one day you reject the Both/And. I also hope the Lurkers see that you just did reject it...

Last edited:

It cannot be both it’s either or . Either the spirit , new birth happens before hearing and believing the gospel or it’s after . It cannot be both .

You once again made my point for me with your false dichotomy fallacy .

hope this helps !!!
And ?

Yep that’s Calvinism rofl ? the doctrines from a catholic boy who left the harlot church and hung onto most of her heresies . Oops

Yep that’s Calvinism rofl ? the doctrines from a catholic boy who left the harlot church and hung onto most of her heresies . Oops
Oops.

Lol. Your not in a position, nor have any authority to judge Calvin. Your not even in the same league he was in.
you should be more humble bud ?

Back