Calvinst imputed righteousness fallacy

G

guest1

The biblical meaning of impute is Considered/ Reckoned. One still has to obey and be righteous. No fruit, no works as per Eph 2:8-10 no salvation. You will know them by their fruits.

Scripture says and demands otherwise. No obedience, no salvation, no kingdom of God. You will stand before Christ in Judgement of your works don't kid yourself.

Matthew 5:20
For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Luke 11:28
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it

John 8:31
If you hold to My teaching you are truly My disciples

John 15:14
You are My friends if you do what I command you

John 13:17
If you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 14:15
If you love Me you will keep My commandments

Romans 2:13
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified

2 Corinthians 3:9
For if the ministry of condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry of righteousness!

James 1:22
Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves

James 2:14
What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

1 Peter 1:15-16
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.

1 John 2:29
If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of Him.

1 John 3:7
Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

And I can provide another 50 verses that refute Imputed righteousness by the calvinist meaning of the word. The biblical meaning of impute is Considered/ Reckoned. One still has to obey and be righteous. No fruit, no works as per Eph 2:8-10 no salvation. You will know them by their fruits.

The calvinists imputation is a false security that God only sees you through Christs righteousness and one can continue in sin without consequences. That is a false security and teaching.

You will be judge by your works. We all must stand before the Judgement seat of Christ. No free passes.

2 Corinthians 5:10-11
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others.

1 Corinthians 3:10-17
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

Yours Truly, Team Truth !

hope this helps !!!

The biblical meaning of impute is Considered/ Reckoned. One still has to obey and be righteous. No fruit, no works as per Eph 2:8-10 no salvation. You will know them by their fruits.

The meaning of logizomai is to reckon/reason.

The notion that it means to count something that is not, as if it was, is completely foreign to the meaning of this word.

Scripture says and demands otherwise. No obedience, no salvation, no kingdom of God. You will stand before Christ in Judgement of your works don't kid yourself.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven

Matthew 7:21
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?

Luke 11:28
Blessed are those who hear the word of God and obey it

John 8:31
If you hold to My teaching you are truly My disciples

John 15:14
You are My friends if you do what I command you

John 13:17
If you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.

John 14:15
If you love Me you will keep My commandments

Romans 2:13
For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified

2 Corinthians 3:9
For if the ministry of condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry of righteousness!

Be doers of the word, and not hearers only. Otherwise, you are deceiving yourselves

What good is it, my brothers, if someone claims to have faith, but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?

1 Peter 1:15-16
But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.

If you know that He is righteous, you also know that everyone who practices righteousness has been born of Him.

Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous.

And I can provide another 50 verses that refute Imputed righteousness by the calvinist meaning of the word. The biblical meaning of impute is Considered/ Reckoned. One still has to obey and be righteous. No fruit, no works as per Eph 2:8-10 no salvation. You will know them by their fruits.

The calvinists imputation is a false security that God only sees you through Christs righteousness and one can continue in sin without consequences. That is a false security and teaching.

You will be judge by your works. We all must stand before the Judgement seat of Christ. No free passes.

2 Corinthians 5:10-11
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.11 Since, then, we know what it is to fear the Lord, we try to persuade others.

1 Corinthians 3:10-17
By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.

hope this helps !!!

Imputed righteousness is an unBiblical fabrication of men.

He who does what is righteous is righteous just as He is righteous.

The meaning of logizomai is to reckon/reason.

The notion that it means to count something that is not, as if it was, is completely foreign to the meaning of this word.

That fails the Scripture test.

Rom 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

Imputed righteousness is an unBiblical fabrication of men.

He who does what is righteous is righteous just as He is righteous.

Then you must not be righteous. Such beliefs are self condemning.

FYI- I believe in having the righteousness of Christ in the believer but just like faith without works is dead so to it claiming to have Christs righteousness without being righteous .

hope this helps !!!

That fails the Scripture test.

You are grossly mistaken.

Rom 4:17 (As it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

This means that God creates out of nothing.

He MAKES not imputes. i.e. The text doesn't mean He calls nothing something.

Then you must not be righteous. Such beliefs are self condemning.

You might want to read 1 John 3:7 again because that's exactly what it says.

Little children, make sure no one deceives you: he who does what is righteous is righteous just as He is righteous.

Are you deceived?

Just how much obedience does one have to do in order to be saved under your salvation plan?

I assume you do understand there are 2 judgements.
1) White Throne for the lost.
2) Judgement seat of Christ or "Bema seat" for those who have been saved by the Lord Jesus.

So, yes, Christians will stand before Christ in Judgement of their works. The Bema Seat judgement of works will not be a judgement concerning salvation but rather rewards.
The less obedient the less rewards.

So, once again I ask you...Just how much obedience does one have to do in order to be saved under your salvation plan?

You are grossly mistaken.

This means that God creates out of nothing.

He MAKES not imputes. i.e. The text doesn't mean He calls nothing something.

Read it again. "calleth those things which be not as though they were."

God is long suffering and His timing isn't our timing. He promises things and establish things and then they come to pass later. I get it. The verse says something you don't want to admit.

You might want to read 1 John 3:7 again because that's exactly what it says.

Little children, make sure no one deceives you: he who does what is righteous is righteous just as He is righteous.

Are you deceived?

Like those who worship Allah?

do you agree with the passages in the OP and the premise
I always agree with all Passages; I'm a Sola Scripturist...

I should believe your Passages, right? If I don't, something's wrong with me...

Can I show you a Passage and ask if you agree with it?

Last edited:
The biblical meaning of impute is Considered/ Reckoned. One still has to obey and be righteous. No fruit, no works as per Eph 2:8-10 (or) no salvation.
this is Old covenant type thinking, and faulty Old covenant thinking at that

belief and trust in Messiah and His work is obedience unto Salvation
and even that was a gift to you

good luck trying to do better than Israel did
as a Nation, they failed to keep Mosaic/conditional covenant
Adam failed to keep conditional covenant as well

So Chalcedon believes you have to obey the Mosaic Law to be saved.
How many goats have you sacrificed lately?

Read the book of Hebrews.
You just rejected Christ!
They certainly have more in common with the RCC than we alleged Augustinians. They have abandoned the Reformation. Such a shame. Their next step is into the Tiber.

this is Old covenant type thinking, and faulty Old covenant thinking at that

belief and trust in Messiah and His work is obedience unto Salvation
and even that was a gift to you

good luck trying to do better than Israel did
as a Nation, they failed to keep Mosaic/conditional covenant
Adam failed to keep conditional covenant as well
Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

Clearly you are ignorant of what Calvinism teaches.
You also have no clue what the Bible teaches.

Eph. 2:8-9 teaches that to ATTAIN salvaiton requires no works.
Eph. 2:10 teaches that one who is saved, WILL do good works.
And Calvinism doesn't deny that.

And "good works" doesn't include wasting CARM resoruces by posting random and worthless song lyrics that have nothing to do with anything.

Scripture says and demands otherwise. No obedience, no salvation, no kingdom of God.

You have it backwards. No salvation, no obedience.

You are sadly conflating Scriptures, you are just as bad as Tom.
ALl you did was do a Bible search on "works" and "righteousness", and cited all the hits without paying attention to the CONTEXT.

There are two different messages in the Bible, which if you're not careful, are contradictory. And you ignored the context, and are now abusing the Scriptures. The message Christ had for the Jews, who had the Law, was that they had to obey the law, and obey it perfectly. You see, the Jews (and apparently you) didn't realize that the Law was an object lesson. It was never intended to be kept perfectly, it was intended to make us fail, and have us face our sin, and the need for a Saviour (Rom. 3:19-20, Gal. 3:24-25). So if you think you can be saved by obeying the Mosaic Law, knock yourself out, and when you come face to face with your Creator, He's going to tell you what a huge failure you are.

Those who are regenerated by God WILL be doers of the word.

Exactly!
Regeneration ("been born of him") causes us to practice righteousness.
Just as regeneration ("has been born of God") causes us to believe (1 John 5:1).

And I can provide another 50 verses that refute Imputed righteousness by the calvinist meaning of the word.

Um, NONE of these refuted "imputed righteousness".

Wow.... You seem to think Calvinism is a "negative barometer" for ALL truth.
How long before you start denying the deity of Christ, the Trinity, the resurrection...
Say "Hi" to Derrick for us, okay?

Tu quoque strikes early once again today . Defeated already 😂

Down goes fraizer, down goes frazier

hope this helps !!!

Back