BTW The Father is NEVER called Yahweh.

Yahchristian

BTW The Father is NEVER called Yahweh.

That is definitely a TRINITARIAN distinctive!

I am not aware of ANY non-Trinitarian who would say God the Father is NEVER called Yahweh.

But just to clarify your TRINITARIAN view...

Which Person of the Trinity is being called Yahweh in Psalm 110:1?

Psalm 110:1... Yahweh said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

P.S.

For those who are new to this forum, here is an overview of what I believe...

GOD is spirit and is the only one who is eternal. GOD is also in the universe as spirit and as a human. GOD in the universe as spirit is called the Spirit of God, GOD in the universe as a human is called the Son of God, and eternal GOD is called God the Father.

Isa. 64:8 "But now, O YHWH, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand"

Well that was simple...

Isaiah 64:8
(8) But now, O LORD, [
יהוה] thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

1 Chronicles 29:10
(10) Wherefore David blessed the LORD [יהוה] before all the congregation: and David said, Blessed be thou, LORD [יהוה] God of Israel our father, [אב] for ever and ever.

Isa. 64:8 "But now, O YHWH, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand"

Well that was simple...

I agree it SHOULD BE simple to see God the Father IS CALLED Yahweh.

And...

I am NOT aware of ANY non-Trinitarian who would say God the Father is NEVER called Yahweh.

Are you?

Isaiah 64:8
(8) But now, O LORD, [
יהוה] thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Don't forget this one:

6 Is this how you repay the LORD,
You foolish and unwise people?
Is He not your Father who bought you?
He has made you and established you.....

19 “The LORD saw this, and spurned them
Because of the provocation by His sons and daughters.
20 Then He said.....

39 See now that I, I am He....
And there is no God besides ME
Deut 32

No God besides the Father. Do you believe the Father?

I agree it SHOULD BE simple to see God the Father IS CALLED Yahweh.

And...

I am NOT aware of ANY non-Trinitarian who would say God the Father is NEVER called Yahweh.

Are you?
Not that I can’t think of. Also, most trinitarians would agree that the Father is called YHWH but apparently there’s a few fringe trinitarians here who believe otherwise

Not that I can’t think of. Also, most trinitarians would agree that the Father is called YHWH but apparently there’s a few fringe trinitarians here who believe otherwise

Your choice of words is very diplomatic.

I prefer to be more blunt. There are many here who have significant psychological issues.

Greetings johnny guitar,
YHWH is called the father of Israel.
I had a glance at this thread and when I clicked the source of the OP I realised that your comment was in response to my Post. Your latest comment does not properly address your error and you have not answered the obvious, starting with Psalm 110:1 mentioned in the OP.. Even Trinitarians disagree with you.

Kind regards
Trevor

Don't forget this one:

6 Is this how you repay the LORD,
You foolish and unwise people?
Is He not your Father who bought you?
He has made you and established you.....

19 “The LORD saw this, and spurned them
Because of the provocation by His sons and daughters.
20 Then He said.....

39 See now that I, I am He....
And there is no God besides ME
Deut 32

No God besides the Father. Do you believe the Father?
NO God besides God.

Greetings johnny guitar,

I had a glance at this thread and when I clicked the source of the OP I realised that your comment was in response to my Post. Your latest comment does not properly address your error and you have not answered the obvious, starting with Psalm 110:1 mentioned in the OP.. Even Trinitarians disagree with you.

Kind regards
Trevor
I see NO error.

Some Trinitarians have told me YHWH is no longer God’s name, so I am needing clarification of the Trinitarian view...

Is YHWH still the father of Israel?
Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD[ יהוה] God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.​
יהוה/YHWH pronounced Yahweh

Exo 3:15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD[ יהוה] God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.​
יהוה/YHWH pronounced Yahweh

I believe the generations of the twelve tribes of Israel still continue to this day.

Whereas others might believe the ten tribes ended.

So just to clarify YOUR understanding of “all generations”, are you able to answer either Yes or No to the question...

I say Yes.

I believe the generations of the twelve tribes of Israel still continue to this day.
Whereas others might believe the ten tribes ended.
So just to clarify YOUR understanding of “all generations”, are you able to answer either Yes or No to the question...
I say Yes.
I don't play these silly word games which prove nothing. If you can't understand the scripture I quoted that is your problem. You seem to be capable of operating a computer. It shouldn't be any problem for you to get the answers to your questions from credible sources..

Back