Calvinst imputed righteousness fallacy

How many Arminians do you know who claim they never sin?

I must draw that conclusion when they teach that sin separates a believer from Jesus Christ.

How can you say that you are separated from Jesus Christ when you sin and then claim you are a believer. The only conclusion that can be drawn is that you believe you don't sin.

So you do sin. I'm glad you repent when you sin.

How many times have you repented lately. We need to set a standard for how many times you can sin and not be classified as an unbeliever.

Will you help set that standard?
Matthew 18:21 Then Peter came to Him and said, Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me and I forgive him? Until seven times?
Matthew 18:22 Jesus said to him, I do not say to you, Until seven times; but, Until seventy times seven.

I'm just curious. Do Calvinists literally interpret the Bible at all times?

I asked you a question. I asked to clarify. You didn't provide any context to your quoting of Scripture. Please do tell what you believe they teach. That is what I have been doing. Is this all new to you? Getting answers out of you is like pulling teeth.

Well for one I have been here longer than you participating in this forum and I’m very familiar with the posters on both sides . 3500 posts vs 400 you do the math .

I believe there is much inconsistency in those 3500 posts. I believe you've said you've changed much in the last year. I'm not saying being constantly wrong is good. I am saying that this is a sign of immaturity to claim to be mature in one doctrine and then change entirely.

I'll take my 400 posts to your change. I believe that makes us closer to "even" by your own standard.

I believe there is much inconsistency in those 3500 posts. I believe you've said you've changed much in the last year. I'm not saying being constantly wrong is good. I am saying that this is a sign of immaturity to claim to be mature in one doctrine and then change entirely.

I'll take my 400 posts to your change. I believe that makes us closer to "even" by your own standard.

Your 400 posts have been rich in substance.
His 3600 are nothing but cheer-leading his buddies, or insulting Calvinists.

Your 400 posts have been rich in substance.
His 3600 are nothing but cheer-leading his buddies, or insulting Calvinists.

Thank you. It does appear to me that it is more about supporting the "team" than it is actually dealing with the issues. Arminianism is very difficult to defend. At least it is from my perspective. I've been too hard in my life on people that name the name of Christ. I'm reminded of it often. I do hope that Arminians approach God from a position of being a sinner rather than trying to prove their devotion to God. We we have no rights to speak of ourselves.

Apostasy would be impossible if eternal security were true. Since Calvin taught the non elect are predestined to destruction and are always unbelieving reprobates they cannot be apostates . Only a believer can become apostate , never an unbeliever.

The Bible was written to believed therefore all the warning passages are for believes .
Amen

Back