My Recent Arrival at Christianity and Apologetics

US, methinks you should read Paul's struggles in the flesh, warring against sin - Romans 7 - PAUL, THE GREATEST CHRISTIAN TO EVER LIVE!!!

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

You say you live sinless, yet the greatest, most dedicated Christian ever to walk the planet, who loved & served Jesus with every fiber of his being said, PRESENT TENSE, "I AM the chief of sinners", not "I WAS the chief of sinners"!!

You make Christ out a liar when you say you have no sin...Christ forgives us our sins ONLY AS WE CONFESS OUR SINS as the Apostle John says. Why would he need to say "IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, HE IS FAITHFUL & JUST TO FORGIVE US OUR SINS & CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS", if we could walk sinless in this life instead of in our flesh, we still war against sin (& sometimes give into them??!) as Paul said in Romans 7??

We have access through Christ. Rom 5:1-2

And because we are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, Gal 4:6

God was pleased to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you,...Col 1:26-28

In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. John 1

You know what Jesus said traveler, But if the light in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matt 6:23
Do you know why you can’t quote Jesus? I do you follow Paul instead.

US, methinks you should read Paul's struggles in the flesh, warring against sin - Romans 7 - PAUL, THE GREATEST CHRISTIAN TO EVER LIVE!!!

1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Paul was a sinner in that he had obviously sinned. Of course, he repented of his sin. If you disagree, then what sin do you accuse Paul of when he wrote 1 Timothy?
You say you live sinless, yet the greatest, most dedicated Christian ever to walk the planet, who loved & served Jesus with every fiber of his being said, PRESENT TENSE, "I AM the chief of sinners", not "I WAS the chief of sinners"!!
You're assuming incorrectly that Paul was saying that he was sinning when he wrote 1 Timothy. He was "the chief of sinners" prior to his conversion and not after, obviously.
You make Christ out a liar when you say you have no sin...
I have no sin in that the Holy Ghost has regenerated me and cleansed me from my sins of the past. If your laundry was soiled, and you have laundered it, is that laundry soiled? No, it isn't soiled unless you have dirtied it again. To say your laundry is clean is not to say it was never soiled but that it has been cleaned. In the same way to live a sinless life is not to say one has never sinned but that one has repented of sin.
Christ forgives us our sins ONLY AS WE CONFESS OUR SINS as the Apostle John says. Why would he need to say "IF WE CONFESS OUR SINS, HE IS FAITHFUL & JUST TO FORGIVE US OUR SINS & CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS", if we could walk sinless in this life instead of in our flesh, we still war against sin (& sometimes give into them??!) as Paul said in Romans 7??
You need only confess your sins once if you are truly saved regenerated by the power of the Holy Ghost who cleanses you of all sins forever if you agree to repent.

To conclude, I should point out that I'm nobody special in God's eyes because I have sinned, and He offers me eternal salvation through faith in Jesus who calls us all to repent. I have accepted Christ's call to repent and be saved, and I pray you do the same.

JonHawk said:

And because we are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, Gal 4:6

God was pleased to make known what are the riches of the glory of this mystery, which is Christ in you,...Col 1:26-28

You know what Jesus said traveler, But if the light in you is darkness, how great is that darkness! Matt 6:23
Do you know why you can’t quote Jesus?
He who believes in the Son of God is not not judged; but he who does not believe is not judged already; John 3:18
I do you follow Paul instead.
But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 1 Cor 2:15

You obviously didn't think about that very hard before you spoke. It's quite plain who he is writing to.

But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth. 2:20

24 As for you, see that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25 And this is what he promised us—eternal life.

See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. 2 Dear friends, now we are children of God

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

You, dear children, are from God.... We are from God 4:4-6
OK, if it's so plain who John is writing to, then who exactly is he writing to? All I see in the passage you quoted and highlighted in bold is a bunch of pronouns. Pronouns are only given meaning from their context if they're given any meaning at all, and I see nothing in the context that tells us who "who" is.

The obvious answer is that they can't decide whether they are in a right standing based on the righteousness of Christ or if they are enabled to get rid of sin through the indwelling Holy Spirit, that of course is not in cahoots with defiled temples.
But to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is clean; Titus 1:15
I think a more obvious answer is that many people in the church love sin more than they love God. Either that or they don't even believe in God and are just using Christianity for purposes they won't avow.

JonHawk said: You know that he appeared to take away sins,... Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 1 John 3:4-6
They have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His form. His word does not abide in them; because whom He sent, they do not believe. John 5:37-38
The world’s sin is that it refuses to believe in Me. John 16:7-9
The obvious answer is that they can't decide whether they are in a right standing based on the righteousness of Christ or if they are enabled to get rid of sin through the indwelling Holy Spirit, that of course is not in cahoots with defiled temples.
But to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is clean; Titus 1:15
They will utterly perish in their own corruption, and will receive the wages of unrighteousness; They are spots and blemishes, carousing in their own deceptions while they feast with you; They have a heart trained in covetous practices, and are accursed children. 2 Peter 2:12-14
I think a more obvious answer is that many people in the church love sin more than they love God. Either that or they don't even believe in God and are just using Christianity for purposes they won't avow.
Either way, if they deny Christ, they can be sure their sin will find them out.

"You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.” John 8

JonHawk said:

He who believes in the Son of God is not not judged; but he who does not believe is not judged already; John 3:18

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one. 1 Cor 2:15
I suppose I have my answer. Paul defiantly is your way. Jesus goes unnoticed.
It is obvious in our churches, they follow Paul in his way as a sinner because they can relate to Paul in sin but cant relate to Jesus to be perfect and without sin and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did in the Father. They dont know how to be in the Father and receieve directly from Him as Jesus was that they may hear the same from the Father -- all they know is what comes out from a pulpit.

JonHawk said:
We have access through Christ. Rom 5:1-2 And because we are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, Gal 4:6

I suppose I have my answer. Paul defiantly is your way. Jesus goes unnoticed.
I've plainly told you that there is only one way to God.
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God.
He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son; 2 John 1:9

It is obvious in our churches, they follow Paul in his way as a sinner because they can relate to Paul in sin but cant relate to Jesus to be perfect and without sin and walk as He walks in His same light as Jesus did in the Father. They dont know how to be in the Father and receieve directly from Him as Jesus was that they may hear the same from the Father -- all they know is what comes out from a pulpit.
I don't believe the sin in the church results from ignorance but from the mistaken notion that sin is somehow more pleasurable than walking with God. I know that walking with God is the greatest joy now that I live it, and sin at best offers fleeting happiness that inevitably turns into misery. I don't miss sin at all and in fact I'm glad to be saved from it.

I don't believe the sin in the church results from ignorance but from the mistaken notion that sin is somehow more pleasurable than walking with God. I know that walking with God is the greatest joy now that I live it, and sin at best offers fleeting happiness that inevitably turns into misery. I don't miss sin at all and in fact I'm glad to be saved from it.
That is so cool.

Sin is something people make up from their own beliefs and to be free from all those beliefs and arguments about sin is true joy and these cant bask in the same because sin has them bound to a religion instead of the freedom that comes with having God as your own mind.

The problem is the worst sins are not externally visible. You can see when someone is sexually immoral, violent, doing drugs or stealing stuff.

You can't see when someone is full of secret pride about how holy they are, or looking down on others and thinking themselves a better person.

A man is not established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous cannot be moved. Prov 12:3
@Unknown Soldier #51

Sin is something people make up from their own beliefs...
On a previous post you pointed out that sin is being separated from God. Did you make that up or is that the equivalent of living in sin?

But the people broke the agreement as Adam did; Hosea 6:6-7
For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith. Deut 32:20
The Lord has rejected you and has cast off a generation that provokes His anger [by nature children of wrath]. Jer 7:29

Last edited:
A man is not established by wickedness, But the root of the righteous cannot be moved. Prov 12:3

On a previous post you pointed out that sin is being separated from God. Did you make that up or is that the equivalent of living in sin?
If you are of God, born of God, it is impossible to be in sin. 1 John 3:9. Living in sin is trying to live the laws established for sin, without sin is to be like the Father of it all. If you are not like the Father of it which is Love and Love cannot sin for love is holy, then you are separated from having Love as your own disposition for God really is Love and man is the temple of Him.
But the people broke the agreement as Adam did; Hosea 6:6-7
Yes our pews are full of these.

As far as Adam he did the only thing he could do to get God to open to him how to know the difference from the laws for sin and the laws for Spirit which are not the same laws at all. Adam had to eat of that knowledge in order to become like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22. Jesus had to eat of that same knowledge in Matt 3:16 to know this difference as well, and so do all have to eat of it if they are to know who God is at all. He is the only own who can open to you who He is by His Spirit, mind, come to you as He did in Adam Moses Jesus 120.
For they are a perverse generation, Children in whom is no faith. Deut 32:20
Yes our pews are full of these.
The Lord has rejected you and has cast off a generation that provokes His anger [by nature children of wrath]. Jer 7:29
Yes He rejected me of myself that sat in a pew. That is why I come to Him and He in me as one as He did in Jesus in Matt 3:16. He came out of the pews of the temple he once taught in at a young age at Matt 3:16 and hit the streets as we all do who has received from God the same as Jesus did, Moses did, Adam did, 120 did. All of these went from learning to doing.

That is so cool.
Yes, repenting of one's sin and accepting Christ is the greatest pleasure.
Sin is something people make up from their own beliefs and to be free from all those beliefs and arguments about sin is true joy and these cant bask in the same because sin has them bound to a religion instead of the freedom that comes with having God as your own mind.
A property of any "true religion" is that is encourages people to seek God and His perfection of sinlessness. Any sect that tells people they cannot repent is not of God.

The problem is the worst sins are not externally visible. You can see when someone is sexually immoral, violent, doing drugs or stealing stuff.
Those "hidden sins" inevitably are revealed. God is not mocked because he sees all sin.
You can't see when someone...
You are referring to me, of course.
...is full of secret pride about how holy they are...
I do feel great about my holiness, but I cannot take credit for it because it is a gift from God. God offers you the same gift. Will you repent and accept that gift?
...or looking down on others and thinking themselves a better person.
I look down on sin as I've said repeatedly said. If you feel people look down on you and feel that they think they are better than you, then repenting of your sins can work remarkably to help you feel better about yourself in their eyes. It's vitally important to understand that sinlessness is actually better than sin in that is is the greatest pleasure that lasts forever. I think that the Devil's greatest lie is to tell us that God's laws are onerous and that we can have a better time sinning. Don't believe that lie!

I will pray for you.

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Gal 6:7-8
Those "hidden sins" inevitably are revealed. God is not mocked because he sees all sin.
God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Acts 15

God, who knows the heart, acknowledged them by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as He did to us, 9 and made no distinction between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Acts 15
What's your point here, Jon? Are you saying that God will only give the Holy Ghost to those whom are genuinely willing to repent of all their sins? If so, then I agree. God will not bestow his Holy Ghost upon a fornicator, adulterer, thief, or liar any more than you or I would bathe in a cesspool.

For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Gal 6:7-8

What's your point here, Jon? Are you saying that God will only give the Holy Ghost to those whom are genuinely willing to repent of all their sins?
Warning Against Idolatry
Do not be yoked together with unbelievers
What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols?
If so, then I agree. God will not bestow his Holy Ghost upon a fornicator, adulterer, thief, or liar any more than you or I would bathe in a cesspool.
Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you;

As God has said:
“I will live with them and walk among them,
and I will be their God and they will be my people.” 2 Cor 6:14-18

As far as Adam he did the only thing he could do .... eat of that knowledge in order to become like God to know this difference, Gen 3:22. Jesus had to eat of that same knowledge...
Timothy, guard what has been entrusted to your care. Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge, which some have professed and in so doing have departed from the faith. 1 Tim 6:20-21

Beware lest you also fall from your own steadfastness, being led away with the error of the wicked; but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen. 2 Peter 3:13-18

Back