You must be called by the King

I can’t speak for others, but when asked if “all men” meant without exception, I said “yes”. How can one be more direct?

Many here really don't like answering YES or NO to yes/no questions. They aren't used to someone actually doing it. It's a risky thing to do if you want to make up excuses for yourself later.

But it's no problem at all for honest people.

Okay.... Let's try this on for size...

Have you stopped murdering people?
[_] Yes
[_] No

No, I can't stop something I am not doing.

So you consider every Yes or No question to contain a false premise do you?

Your post above certainly tells us a lot about you.

That assumes that "draws" means "will believe", and it doesnt. Drawing in John 12:32 refers to being brought before judgement.

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me

All men are drawn to be judged. See how that works? No need to redefine "all men" to fit a doctrine, just plain biblical teaching.
John 12:30Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

By judgement, Christ is referring to the culmination of his earthly purpose, namely, to condemn sin and provide redemption for those who believe in his sacrifice. Jesus said he did not come to judge the world, but to save it, and that by destroying the works and power of the devil, thereby condemning him by the cross! There are two directions of action, the devil being driven out of power, and mankind being drawn toward Christ's power.

And, to me anyway, verse 33 tells us that the primary focus of his quote was about the method of his accomplishing these things.

Doug

Esther 4:11 is about pagan king Xerxes and his rules and customs. I dont understand the comparison to Jesus.
I believe all of the OT is about Christ. I believe that Xerxes is a type of God the Father. Esther and Mordecai would be types of Christ. The Jewish people would be a type of the church. Haman would be a type of Satan and Hegai is a type of the Holy Spirit.

This means sexually. I can understand how that may relate in the communion sense, is that what you meant?
Being one with Christ. It's a passage used in parallel with Matthew 7:21-23. If you are not known by God, there is no amount of faith, repentance, good works etc to justify a sinner before a just God.

Jesus has invited all who are burdened and heavy laden to come, so yes. Besides, anyone who would seek to come before Jesus, would likely be one of those anyway.

Doug
Come is a command, He is God, and the pre requisite is that you labor and are heavy laden.

Come is a command, He is God, and the pre requisite is that you labor and are heavy laden.
Come is an imperative, which often is used to express a command/order, but it is not necessarily such! The imperative always has a sense of intense urgency and necessity, but the result of a command is usually the avoidance of a negative result, ie, "Clean up your room this minute if you know what's good for you! Rather than, " Come clean your room, and I'll take you to Dairy Queen for a milkshake! "

Doug

Come is an imperative, which often is used to express a command/order, but it is not necessarily such! The imperative always has a sense of intense urgency and necessity, but the result of a command is usually the avoidance of a negative result, ie, "Clean up your room this minute if you know what's good for you! Rather than, " Come clean your room, and I'll take you to Dairy Queen for a milkshake! "

Doug
It may also be an entreaty

John 12:30Jesus said, “This voice was for your benefit, not mine. 31Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself.” 33He said this to show the kind of death he was going to die.

By judgement, Christ is referring to the culmination of his earthly purpose, namely, to condemn sin and provide redemption for those who believe in his sacrifice. Jesus said he did not come to judge the world, but to save it, and that by destroying the works and power of the devil, thereby condemning him by the cross! There are two directions of action, the devil being driven out of power, and mankind being drawn toward Christ's power.

And, to me anyway, verse 33 tells us that the primary focus of his quote was about the method of his accomplishing these things.

Doug
Agreed. I had just taken this a few steps further, based on what Jesus said here:

John 12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
47 And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world.
48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

So while its true, Jesus did not come to judge the world, He is saying that the world will in fact be judged by His Word, in the last day. The conditions He set for this judgement is belief and unbelief. He draws all men to Himself, and all men are judged according to their works, either the works of iniquity from unbelief, or those works created for those who believe. Everyone has to contend with the cross, and every knee will bow and every tongue will confess.

John 12:32 (KJV) And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will **draw all men** unto me.

The Father draws all men. But not all come. Thus the requirement is drawing or they won't come. Thus the drawing is not irresistable.
False. You're redefining the term to fit your argument.

Draw:
  1. pull or drag (something such as a vehicle) so as to make it follow behind:
    "a cart drawn by two horses"
  2. extract (an object, especially a weapon) from a container or receptacle:
    "he drew his gun and peered into the gloomy apartment" · 
    [more]
    synonyms:
    pull out · take out · bring out · draw out · produce · fish out · extract · withdraw · unsheathe
Romans 9:31-32 (KJV)
31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
32 Wherefore? Because they **sought* it not by faith**, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Fallacy of Moving the Goalposts. Just because they did not attain to the law of righteousness, it does not then follow that they were not drawn to Christ. In Fact, he even points out that they stumbled over him. You can't stumble over what isn't right in front of you.

Back