Defending Christianity From Judaism

Unknown Soldier

Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews. Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths. Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
  1. Jesus is not the Messiah.
  2. God did not inspire the New Testament.
  3. There are no passages in the Hebrew Bible that clearly prophesy Jesus or even mention him at all.
  4. The Jewish people never forfeited their role as God's chosen people to the Christian church.
  5. Contrary to the way the Pharisees are portrayed in the Gospels, they were actually good people who have blessed humanity.
  6. The miracles of Jesus, even if they are historical, do not prove he was sent by God.
  7. Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.
How can we defend our faith against these charges? I look forward to a lively discussion on this very important issue.

Let me start by explaining that in no way do I mean this topic to be a slur on Jews. Nevertheless, it is true that most Jews either ignore the truths of the Gospel or actively deny those truths. Here's a list of some of the more common arguments I've heard Rabbis use against Christian doctrines:
  3. There are no passages in the Hebrew Bible that clearly prophesy Jesus or even mention him at all.
  4. The Jewish people never forfeited their role as God's chosen people to the Christian church.
  5. Contrary to the way the Pharisees are portrayed in the Gospels, they were actually good people who have blessed humanity.
  6. The miracles of Jesus, even if they are historical, do not prove he was sent by God.
But it is not that the word of God has taken no effect. For they are not all Israel who are of Israel, Romans 9:5-8
Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.
For Christ is the culmination/fulfillment of the law so that everyone who believes in him may be right with God. Rom 10:4

Coming to Him as to a living stone, chosen by God and rejected by reprobates destined to perdition. 1 Peter 2

Last edited:
  7. Christian doctrine led to centuries of hatred of and persecution on the Jewish people on the part of Christians which culminated in the Holocaust.

Rather, fake Christians wearing the label "Christian" did this.

How can we defend our faith against these charges? I look forward to a lively discussion on this very important issue.

Can you make a case for what you're saying here? Many Jews will conclude that you're making the no-true-Scotsman fallacy. You appear to be assuming that "true" Christians would never hate Jews.

They wouldn't. The world hates but God loves, and those who are in God, and God in them, loves as He loves.

16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment because just as He is, so also are we in this world.

They wouldn't.

16 We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 17 By this, love is perfected with us, so that we may have confidence in the day of judgment because just as He is, so also are we in this world.
Do you love the Jews even though they think that many Christian claims are either lies or mistakes? You'll need to convince Jews that true Christians would never harm them.

Do you love the Jews even though they think that many Christian claims are either lies or mistakes?

While we were His enemies God loved us. He expects us to love just as He does and to forgive others just as He forgave us.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect (i.e. love completely just as the Father does; love not only your neighbor but your enemies)

While we were His enemies God loved us. He expects us to love just as He does and to forgive others just as He forgave us.

43 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? 47 If you greet only your brothers, what more are you doing than others? Do not even the Gentiles do the same? 48 Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect (i.e. love completely just as the Father does; love not only your neighbor but your enemies)
How do you think Jews will react if you refer to them as your enemies? They'll want to know what you mean by "love." Do you see the apparent contradiction in what you're arguing here?

Last edited:
How do you think Jews will react if you refer to them as your enemies?

I didn't refer to Jews as my enemies. But they might consider me an enemy of theirs.

Additionally, if we are to love both our neighbor and our enemies, then who is left not to love?

Can you dream up some crazy excuse?

They'll want to know what you mean by "love."

And I'll want to know what they mean by "love."

How do you think Jews will react if you refer to them as your enemies? They'll want to know what you mean by "love."

I didn't refer to Jews as my enemies. But they might consider me an enemy of theirs.
But when I asked you if you love Jews, you replied with a Biblical injunction to love one's enemies. Your response strongly suggests that you see Jews as your enemies, and Jews probably would see your response that way.
Additionally, if we are to love both our neighbor and our enemies, then who is left not to love?
I suppose we can love friends who live far away.
Can you dream up some crazy excuse?
A crazy excuse for what?
And I'll want to know what they mean by "love."
No, if you want to defend your Christian beliefs to Jews, then you better make sure you make clear to them what you mean by love.

Jews do not believe in eternal punishment or Hell , so they don't need to be saved from something they don't believe in. So what exactly is the point of Christianity in the first place. Judaism needs defending from Christianity, not the other way around.

Jews do not believe in eternal punishment or Hell , so they don't need to be saved from something they don't believe in.
If you don't know you have cancer, then will you then not need to be saved from it? Ignorance may be bliss, but it can't avert disaster.
So what exactly is the point of Christianity in the first place.
It's point is that souls need to be saved and can be saved. That same truth applies to Jew and gentile alike.
Judaism needs defending from Christianity, not the other way around.
In the OP I'm not referring to a physical defense of Christianity but a polemical defense, of course.

If you don't know you have cancer, then will you then not need to be saved from it? Ignorance may be bliss, but it can't avert disaster.

It's point is that souls need to be saved and can be saved. That same truth applies to Jew and gentile alike.

In the OP I'm not referring to a physical defense of Christianity but a polemical defense, of course.

Are you saying Moses was ignorant for not knowing there was a Heaven and Hell or places of eternal reward and punishment?

So, you can argue with a Rabbi from the OT and show him where he is misunderstanding something?
Jews do not believe in eternal punishment or Hell , so they don't need to be saved from something they don't believe in. So what exactly is the point of Christianity in the first place.
To live a life of Love for God is Love, His mind, Spirit is Love, noting more or anything less. Same 6000 years ago as today and will be the same 6000 years from now as long as man exists, for Love never changes.
Judaism needs defending from Christianity, not the other way around.
Love always needs to be defended no matter what religion one is of. And the only way it can is if you are of Love, the same Holy Love, or Holy Spirit Love is called. The kingdom of God doesnt come with observation, it is within you. Luke 17:20-21.

To live a life of Love for God is Love, His mind, Spirit is Love, noting more or anything less. Same 6000 years ago as today and will be the same 6000 years from now as long as man exists, for Love never changes.
God is also truth. Jews need to be shown the truth they deny.

Rom 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,

God also desired to make known his wrath and power. Concentrating on love all the time makes God lopsided.

Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.

God is also truth. Jews need to be shown the truth they deny.
SO do our denominations today. They need to receive from God the same as Jesus did in Matt 3:16, And Adam in Gen 3:22 where he became like God as well to know Gods truths, Abraham, Moses, 120, all received His truths, but our denominations has went their own ways for beliefs for a god.

How many do you know who was as Jesus was I n the Father and perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as Jesus commands of us if we are to be of the Father and without sin.
Rom 9:22 What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction,
Gods desire is that you be like Him, God isn't going to kill anyone, they do that themselves from lack in knowing who god is and having His same mind of Love and walk in it as He walks with the same signs follow.

Not very many are actually as He is as He demands of us if we are to be Gods anointed.
God also desired to make known his wrath and power. Concentrating on love all the time makes God lopsided.
Love is the same always and that is His goal that I be of Him.

My goal was God Himself, all I did was open my door I was behind to Him who was at the door knocking, and His promise is He will come to anyone who will open it and sup with you and be in you as well.
Rom 1:19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Anyone can know ABOUT God, all they have to do is read what others has to say about Him or listen to some preacher give his spill on his truths, but is is a completely different matter when God Himself comes and manifests Himself in you as He did in Jesus and others such as Adam, Moses 120 and all today who He is come to and made residence in us.

Luke 17:20-21 the kingdom fo God doesnt come with observation as most are looking for a physical kind to come such as a man as a god, it is within you instead. Cant know God at all or who He is without God Himself open Himself and all of His heaven in you. Even Jesus couldn't escape this very fact in Matt 3:16.

Back