Genesis 6:5-7 What happened here with God?

Prayers are meaningless against Gods will.
No, they are a part of God's will.
C.H. Spurgeon:
Predestination embraceth the great and the little, and reacheth unto all things; the question is, wherefore pray? Might it not as logically be asked, wherefore breathe, eat, move, or do anything? We have an answer which satisfies us, namely, that our prayers are in the predestination, and that God has as much ordained his people's prayers as anything else, and when we pray we are producing links in the chain of ordained facts. Destiny decrees that I should pray—I pray; destiny decrees that I shall be answered, and the answer comes to me.

C.H. Spurgeon:
Predestination embraceth the great and the little, and reacheth unto all things; the question is, wherefore pray? Might it not as logically be asked, wherefore breathe, eat, move, or do anything? We have an answer which satisfies us, namely, that our prayers are in the predestination, and that God has as much ordained his people's prayers as anything else, and when we pray we are producing links in the chain of ordained facts. Destiny decrees that I should pray—I pray; destiny decrees that I shall be answered, and the answer comes to me.
If I pray for the reprobate to be saved it’s against Gods will since they were predetermined/ predestined for destruction before creation .

hope this helps !!!

If I pray for the reprobate to be saved it’s against Gods will since they were predetermined/ predestined for destruction before creation .

hope this helps !!!
Why would anyone pray the Reprobate be Saved? Even in Arminianism, the Reprobate are those who are finally Lost; IE given over to a Reprobate Mind...

Why would anyone pray the Reprobate be Saved? Even in Arminianism, the Reprobate are those who are finally Lost; IE given over to a Reprobate Mind...
Most of the world are reprobates right now who have been predestined to hell . So praying for the lost is futile in Calvinism . So is sharing the gospel , it’s futile since you can never tell the person God loves them and Christ died for their sins.

Whereas I can look at every single person I talk to about God, share the gospel and tell them God loves them and Jesus died for their sins.

hope this helps !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the world are reprobates right now who have been predestined to hell . So praying for the lost is futile in Calvinism . So is sharing the gospel , it’s futile since you can never tell the person God loves them and Christ died for their sins.

hope this helps !!!
Wouldn't you agree that praying for the Reprobate in an Arminian perspective of Reprobation, for someone who has been given over to a Reprobate Mind; is a useless endeavor? Or praying for someone who lost their Salvation in the sense they would need to Crucify Christ again?

Last edited:
C.H. Spurgeon:
If God says to pray then they are not meaningless. How about a means to an end.
Some just don’t get it.

Wouldn't you agree that praying for the Reprobate in an Arminian perspective of Reprobation, someone who has been given over to a Reprobate Mind; is a useless endeavor? Or praying for someone who lost their Salvation in the sense they would need to Crucify Christ again?
Arminians don’t pray like Arminians. They know better. ?

Wouldn't you agree that praying for the Reprobate in an Arminian perspective of Reprobation, someone who has been given over to a Reprobate Mind; is a useless endeavor? Or praying for someone who lost their Salvation in the sense they would need to Crucify Christ again?
First I’m not arguing for Arminians since I’m not one but against Calvinism . Secondly you have no idea who has a reprobate mind if you are sharing the gospel with them . Thirdly I don’t ever consider such things when I’m talking about Christ with others .

I was sharing Christ this week with 2 lesbians and an agnostic in the same room for 2 hours and it was a great discussion and I gave them much to think about without condemning them . They were very hard on the church and all the hypocrisy they have seen . I let them know that you can’t blame God for how people misrepresented Him . We talked about how Jesus treats sinners in the gospel and how He was the hardest on the religious people not the sinner . He came to save sinners , those who know they are sick and in need of a physician.

First I’m not arguing for Arminians since I’m not one but against Calvinism . Secondly you have no idea who has a reprobate mind if you are sharing the gospel with them . Thirdly I don’t ever consider such things when I’m talking about Christ with others .

I was sharing Christ this week with 2 lesbians and an agnostic in the same room for 2 hours and it was a great discussion and I gave them much to think about without condemning them . They were very hard on the church and all the hypocrisy they have seen . I let them know that you can’t blame God for how people misrepresented Him . We talked about how Jesus treats sinners in the gospel and how He was the hardest on the religious people not the sinner . He came to save sinners , those who know they are sick and in need of a physician.
Your point?

Arminians don’t pray like Arminians. They know better. ?
He's gotten to where he will say he's not Arminian when he disagrees with Arminius; but the point stands. I can ask the same questions but regarding his perspective of Reprobation. If Reprobation is final in a persons life, the point stands. If Reprobation is not final in a person's life, Reprobation is moot...

Let me know how it turns out...

First I’m not arguing for Arminians since I’m not one but against Calvinism .
Against Calvinism like many here.
Your not an Arminian?
your a free willer so…. Your either a pelagian, Arminian or uni. Or you invented something new. ??

Oops

next

He's gotten to where he will say he's not Arminian when he disagrees with Arminius; but the point stands. I can ask the same questions but regarding his perspective of Reprobation. If Reprobation is final in a persons life, the point stands. If Reprobation is not final in a person's life, it's moot...
And reprobates are the exception not the rule . And you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference since many cultists and Satanist’s , atheists have come to Christ .

next

Back