Women Are Not To Teach From The Pulpit or In Church Media.

Nothing sketchy whatsoever, straight forward in your face, 5th grade reading comprehension

Women aren't permitted to speak, and they are "Commanded" to keep silent and be obedient in the church, it's that simple

Of course you have liberals that claim otherwise, practicing lesbian women, and homosexual men behind pulpits, rainbow flags adorned around the building, equality for all?

God will have the last say at judgement, and it ain't going to be pretty!

"It Is A Shame For Women To Speak In The Church"

1 Corinthians 14:34-35KJV
34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

To recapitulate my previous response on these verses.

The verse was a later addition and not the words of Paul. You can see the insertion marks in this photo.

R.5ca02a0406e9e2d7d37838a2cb66f14e

That being said, I encourage people to do their own research, and start with reading the passage

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

This law being referred to is either

1) an unquoted OT law which nobody seems to be able to point to and Paul wasn't interested in imposing on Christians anyway (See Acts 15)​

or

2) This was a Roman law. If it is a Roman law, women and churches should feel free to ignore it.​

This verse is sketchy at best to impose as an absolute rule in the church. Church boards that use it are in gross ignorance of the history of the verse, and/or didn't bother to read what it says.

(But spreading the gospel to pagans isn't the issue of today vis-à-vis women, is it? Or may be, in fact, it is: one could wish that these myriad women who desire to lord it over the males in the church would first prove their mettle by showing how many persons they have actually converted to genuine faith in Christ. IMO, they do not show this.)

If you think the pastor "lords over" your wife while she sits in the pulpit, and you let it happen, I suggest that you should have your head examined.

If you think the pastor "lords over" your wife while she sits in the pulpit, and you let it happen, I suggest that you should have your head examined.
The preaching pastor "lords" it over all - just because there is no biblical precedent for denying the whole male assembly the right to speak (1 Cor 14:26 - cf. each of you).

Also note about 1 Cor 14:26 "Τί οὖν ἐστιν, ἀδελφοί; ὅταν συνέρχησθε, ἕκαστος ψαλμὸν ἔχει, διδαχὴν ἔχει, ἀποκάλυψιν ἔχει, γλῶσσαν ἔχει, ἑρμηνείαν ἔχει· πάντα πρὸς οἰκοδομὴν γινέσθω."

ἀδελφός = a brother (Noun, Masculine).

The heretical NIV translates it as "brothers and sisters."

To recapitulate my previous response on these verses.

The verse was a later addition and not the words of Paul. You can see the insertion marks in this photo.

R.5ca02a0406e9e2d7d37838a2cb66f14e

That being said, I encourage people to do their own research, and start with reading the passage

34 Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.

This law being referred to is either

1) an unquoted OT law which nobody seems to be able to point to and Paul wasn't interested in imposing on Christians anyway (See Acts 15)​

or

2) This was a Roman law. If it is a Roman law, women and churches should feel free to ignore it.​

This verse is sketchy at best to impose as an absolute rule in the church. Church boards that use it are in gross ignorance of the history of the verse, and/or didn't bother to read what it says.
Sounds like a liberal opinion to me, a person that desires to see women laud their authority over men in the church, in direct disobedience of clear scriptural instruction seen below

Perhaps you need to visit the rainbow flag buildings where lesbian women are at many pulpits, your philosophy and belief will be well received I'm sure

34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.
35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.

The preaching pastor "lords" it over all - just because there is no biblical precedent for denying the whole male assembly the right to speak (1 Cor 14:26 - cf. each of you).

Also note about 1 Cor 14:26 "Τί οὖν ἐστιν, ἀδελφοί; ὅταν συνέρχησθε, ἕκαστος ψαλμὸν ἔχει, διδαχὴν ἔχει, ἀποκάλυψιν ἔχει, γλῶσσαν ἔχει, ἑρμηνείαν ἔχει· πάντα πρὸς οἰκοδομὴν γινέσθω."

ἀδελφός = a brother (Noun, Masculine).

The heretical NIV translates it as "brothers and sisters."

Let's read the "heretical" version

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Let's read the KJV, (assuming it to be not heretical)

26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

So your understanding is that women can't sing a hymn, and tongues of fire giving them the gift of languages didn't land on women at pentecost. That is flatly ridiculous.

Church buildings didn't exist in the 1st century, procoamations about what is allowed within the building and without the building is not stated in scripture. Each and every one of us is a priest after the order of Melchizedek (1 Peter 2:9).

Sounds like a liberal opinion to me, a person that desires to see women laud their authority over men in the church, in direct disobedience of clear scriptural instruction seen below

Perhaps you need to visit the rainbow flag buildings where lesbian women are at many pulpits, your philosophy and belief will be well received I'm sure

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

What law is in view here?

Let's read the "heretical" version

26 What then shall we say, brothers and sisters? When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up.

Let's read the KJV, (assuming it to be not heretical)

26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

So your understanding is that women can't sing a hymn, and tongues of fire giving them the gift of languages didn't land on women at pentecost. That is flatly ridiculous.
When I go to church, the last think I desire to listen to is babbling women. Actually, I'd rather stay at home. Paul states that tongues are a sign for unbelievers, so they are not for the church, especially in a country with a uniform language. If that's what you go to church for, then you're misusing the service.

Church buildings didn't exist in the 1st century, procoamations about what is allowed within the building and without the building is not stated in scripture. Each and every one of us is a priest after the order of Melchizedek (1 Peter 2:9).
I never said church buildings did exist. Paul is concerned with God's order, which is obviously not your strong point. Checlk out 1 Cor 11:3.

When I go to church, the last think I desire to listen to is babbling women. Actually, I'd rather stay at home. Paul states that tongues are a sign for unbelievers, so they are not for the church, especially in a country with a uniform language. If that's what you go to church for, then you're misusing the service.

The commet was made in light of the fact tha you insisted that the verse be translated such that only brothers brought hymns or speak in tongues.

I never said church buildings did exist. Paul is concerned with God's order, which is obviously not your strong point. Checlk out 1 Cor 11:3.

The word "pastor" is not in 1 Cor 11:3 and there is no place to insert it in. A female pastor is not the man's head, and a male pastor is not the mans's head.

The commet was made in light of the fact tha you insisted that the verse be translated such that only brothers brought hymns or speak in tongues.
I meant for the church meeting. Women do not have to exercise their "gifts" at the church meeting. How many hours in a week are there? How many hours is a church meeting? If they want to impress pagans with their foreign language gifts, then let them do it in the market places.
The word "pastor" is not in 1 Cor 11:3 and there is no place to insert it in. A female pastor is not the man's head, and a male pastor is not the mans's head.
The word pastor today doesn't signify what it meant back in Paul's day. Today it means something like a president or dictator - the only one with guranteed rights of audience.

Scripture gives a clear definition of Church leadership Bishop/Deacon, they are to be married "Men" ruling their own houses well

Scripture gives clear instruction, and a command for women to keep silent in the church, as you gave been shown several times

You can stomp your feet and roll on the ground all you want, God didn't attend women's rights 101 at the local liberal College

Scripture gives a clear definition of Church leadership Bishop/Deacon, they are to be married "Men" ruling their own houses well

Scripture gives clear instruction, and a command for women to keep silent in the church, as you gave been shown several times

You can stomp your feet and roll on the ground all you want, God didn't attend women's rights 101 at the local liberal College

Surely we do not think that if a man follows Paul's teaching on the benefit of a single life in serving Christ, that single man is excluded from being a church leader.

Surely we do not think that if a man follows Paul's teaching on the benefit of a single life in serving Christ, that single man is excluded from being a church leader.
Bishops and Deacons are to be men "Husbands" of one wife, ruling their own houses well

1 Timothy 3:2-13KJV
2 bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

Bishops and Deacons are to be men "Husbands" of one wife, ruling their own houses well

1 Timothy 3:2-13KJV
2 bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Yes. I know that passage, we already addressed it. My point was related to Paul's claiming that being single was a better choice for serving Christ. Would you like to reconcile the two scriptural ideas?

I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.

What law is in view here?
Good question, and I don't mean as a rebuttal necessarily, but what law is being referred to that requires women's silence? If anyone knowsthe scripture, please post it, Sometimes that helps in a discussion to look back at the origin of a thought

Good question, and I don't mean as a rebuttal necessarily, but what law is being referred to that requires women's silence? If anyone knowsthe scripture, please post it, Sometimes that helps in a discussion to look back at the origin of a thought
No need to post another scripture, it's self-explanatory

No need to post another scripture, it's self-explanatory

If it was self-explanatory, you guys would not be having the conversation.
I am guessing that like me, you do not know what the OT reference is concerning women being silent,
But, if we did it could throw light on the discussion.
Anyone else know where the OT talks about women being silent in the temple?

If it was self-explanatory, you guys would not be having the conversation.
I am guessing that like me, you do not know what the OT reference is concerning women being silent,
But, if we did it could throw light on the discussion.
The scripture below is sef explanatory

The scripture below is sef explanatory

Are you aware that much of the New testament is best understood by learning where it connects to the Old testament.
Your posts seem to indicate that you are not aware of the need to include the OT in your understanding of doctrine.

The church is not the temple. The physical temple and its ceremonies was abolished as redundant in the New Testament, and the church isn't a substitute for it. The temple served as a type of spiritual salvation. In this respect, note that the Jewish priesthood was restricted to men.

Last edited:
The church is not the temple. The physical temple and its ceremonies was abolished as redundant in the New Testament, and the church isn't a substitute for it. The temple served as a type of spiritual salvation. In this respect, note that the Jewish priesthood was restricted to men.
I think most of us understand that, but there is a new testament reference back to the old testament to women being instructed to be silent.
Where is that?

Back