John 15:24 + 25 - Hating Christ without cause

Yes as I’ve seen a person who using a lexicon without context from scripture to back it up hence cherry picking . Good sound advice above 👍
Lexicons are useful, but when a word has a variety of meanings depending on context, it takes study to determine how to apply the lexicon to the verse at hand.
One discussion I saw here was about the word "Draw" and that it has a literal and figurative usage.
A literal use of the word is like drawing a wagon to town
A figurative use is like drawing a moth to a flame
I saw a poster, acting as an expert, but refusing to acknowledge this difference

Lexicons are useful, but when a word has a variety of meanings depending on context, it takes study to determine how to apply the lexicon to the verse at hand.
One discussion I saw here was about the word "Draw" and that it has a literal and figurative usage.
I saw a poster, acting as an expert, but refusing to acknowledge this difference
That is absolutely true

a number of lexicons note this figurative use

I never "refused to acknowledge the difference".
Please cease misrepresenting me.

And this is why CARM rules require linked quotes, because it is INCREDIBLY easy to misrepresent people when you don't quote their actual words.

Interesting that even though I am not making any exact quotes, just ideas, and not referring to any particular poster, that rock I threw into the crowd elicited a yelp

I'm the one in the forum who makes the argument you described.
But you still misrepresented me.
If I recall, this is the SECOND time you owe me an apology for misrepresenting me.

Last edited:
You might find this useful:
You might find this interesting.
The word "foreknowledge" has two meanings. It is a term used in theology to denote the prescience or foresight of God, that is, His knowledge of the entire course of events which are future from the human point of view; and it is also used in the King James Version and the Revised Version (British and American) to translate the Greek words proginoskein and prognosis in the New Testament, in which instances the word "fore-knowledge" approaches closely the idea of fore-ordination.

.... to translate the Greek words proginoskein and prognosis in the New Testament, in which instances the word "fore-knowledge" approaches closely the idea of fore-ordination.

made in God's image... God's name being said One way -- I Am

that I Am --

equals...... the Spiritually alive (in Christ) -- Are That they Are --

whenever

and to the degree that they are -- Becoming -- alive in Christ, "I

have come that they might have Life, and life more abundantly"

Last edited:
You might find this interesting.
The word "foreknowledge" has two meanings. It is a term used in theology to denote the prescience or foresight of God, that is, His knowledge of the entire course of events which are future from the human point of view; and it is also used in the King James Version and the Revised Version (British and American) to translate the Greek words proginoskein and prognosis in the New Testament, in which instances the word "fore-knowledge" approaches closely the idea of fore-ordination.
Only in Calvinists imagination

there is an incredible gap between to know and to chose

Back