Genesis 6:5-7 What happened here with God?

God loves the world

Every person is a part of the world
It is obvious that God gave His Son as a propitiation for everyone of the world because He loves them.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. (Joh 3:16-17)

He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. (1Jn 2:2)

But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. (Heb 2:9)

God bless

Last edited:
It is obvious that God gave His Son as a propitiation for everyone of the world because He loves them.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. (Joh 3:16-17)

He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world. (1Jn 2:2)

But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone. (Heb 2:9)

God bless
What was it like to make that change from your former beliefs? What did your Church and family think?

What was it like to make that change from your former beliefs? What did your Church and family think?
I have attended an Arminian church from day one. They were not happy with my Calvinism, so I respected them and never pressed the issue. My wife knew my belief and completely disagreed. She is glad that I’ve come to my senses! ?

I have attended an Arminian church from day one. They were not happy with my Calvinism, so I respected them and never pressed the issue. My wife knew my belief and completely disagreed. She is glad that I’ve come to my senses! ?
While I was in my independent fundamental Baptist Church, they knew I was a calvinist but told me I couldn't preach it. I didn't preach it, but I led many people to Christ in classes...

Reactions: Joe
Yes and this is what makes their views ridiculous. Twisting the plain reading and understanding of those texts . They read them subjectively, biased reading their doctrines into them . 100% eisegesis.
I understand people think there is good reason for the belief system, but when compared to the reality that Jesus died for everyone there is no question the belief system is not true.

God bless

I understand people think there is good reason for the belief system, but when compared to the reality that Jesus died for everyone there is no question the belief system is not true.

God bless
I believe it's true Joe...

I believe that Jesus is the Propitiation for the world; especially for those who believe...

Yet I remain a 5-Point Calvinist...

I believe it's true Joe...

I believe that Jesus is the Propitiation for the world; especially for those who believe...

Yet I remain a 5-Point Calvinist...
With all brotherly love, you may believe it, but the fact is Calvinism does not teach it. Carbon is a classic example with his quoting of Owen

The reality of the Lord’s death for all means it was given earnestly. And if given earnestly it would mean God does indeed love everyone, again something Calvinist deny. And given earnestly means there is a real offer of salvation that can be accepted by the hearer.

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age”(2 Tim 2:11-12)

Notice Paul tells Timothy the “grace of God has appeared bringing salvation for all people”. This is a genuine offer from God’s grace. God’s desire is for man to be saved and He gave His Son to redeem all those who would believe. It is disingenuous to say what He said and actually mean I will save who I chose, and I will make them a believer.

God bless

Chalcedon said:
So you tell every person you meet and share the gospel with that God loves them and Christ died for their sins ?

Bocco says, I searched through several Bibles and only found "God loves you" once, and even then, some versions put it in the past tense of "God loved you."

New King James
Deu 23:5 Nevertheless the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam, but the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loves you.

English Standard Version
Deu 23:5 But the LORD your God would not listen to Balaam; instead the LORD your God turned the curse into a blessing for you, because the LORD your God loved you.

There He is talking to Israel as a nation.

Calvinists would have you believe

1-God didn’t love Adam and all are condemned in Adam ( Calvinism )

Wow.
Just... Wow.

Can you quote just ONE Calvinist who has taught, "God didn't love Adam"?
(Yeah, I didn't think so.)

So you are claiming that Calvinism teaches that all are condemned and none are saved?
Again, references please.

It sounds like you're rejecting "original sin", which is not exclusively "Calvinist".

2- since God didn’t love Adam whom he created to sin and condemn all mankind( predestination) then He loves no one .

Do I really need to quote you all the Scriptures teaching about God's love?
I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to decide whether this poster is ignorant of Calvinism, or intentionally trying to misrepresent it.

3- since sin passed from Adam to all men ( Calvinism , original sin ) then all are condemned . God hates all all sinners , all who do evil , all the wicked . So God doesn’t really love anyone . It’s all a facade in Calvinism , word games , salad . Equivocation, conflating etc

Seems to me one of the most quoted verses Calvinists quote includes, "Jacob I loved".

4- But in non Calvinism ( scripture ) we know that God is love , loves all men , the whole world , all sinners without exception . Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world without exception. 1 John 2:2 and took away their sins , John 1:29 and gave His life for them John 3:16.

Well, that's debatable.

Will you believe in the God of the Bible or the god of Calvinism ?

Lurkers, will you believe the teachings of someone who intentionally misrepresents his opponents?

With all brotherly love, you may believe it, but the fact is Calvinism does not teach it. Carbon is a classic example with his quoting of Owen

The reality of the Lord’s death for all means it was given earnestly. And if given earnestly it would mean God does indeed love everyone, again something Calvinist deny. And given earnestly means there is a real offer of salvation that can be accepted by the hearer.

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age”(2 Tim 2:11-12)

Notice Paul tells Timothy the “grace of God has appeared bringing salvation for all people”. This is a genuine offer from God’s grace. God’s desire is for man to be saved and He gave His Son to redeem all those who would believe. It is disingenuous to say what He said and actually mean I will save who I chose, and I will make them a believer.

God bless
I would say that our Theology needs to be well-rounded. What is your opinion about Compatibalism?

Calvinists would have you believe

1-God didn’t love Adam and all are condemned in Adam ( Calvinism )

2- since God didn’t love Adam whom he created to sin and condemn all mankind( predestination) then He loves no one .

3- since sin passed from Adam to all men ( Calvinism , original sin ) then all are condemned . God hates all all sinners , all who do evil , all the wicked . So God doesn’t really love anyone . It’s all a facade in Calvinism , word games , salad . Equivocation, conflating etc

4- But in non Calvinism ( scripture ) we know that God is love , loves all men , the whole world , all sinners without exception . Jesus atoned for the sins of the whole world without exception. 1 John 2:2 and took away their sins , John 1:29 and gave His life for them John 3:16.

Will you believe in the God of the Bible or the god of Calvinism ?
Make up stuff much?

Do I really need to quote you all the Scriptures teaching about God's love?

Seems to me one of the most quoted verses Calvinists quote includes, "Jacob I loved".

1 Corinthians 10

11Now these things happened to them as examples and were written down as warnings for us, on whom the fulfillment of the ages has come.

12So the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall.

as warnings and examples -- so that we do not fall -- written down as -- to us

Last edited:
# 352 , @Johnnybgood

One could also ask (or instead) -- will I believe as I trust God to lead me to all truth as I ask, knock, seek

(so that I may find)

o r ... will I stop seeking, stop knocking, stop learning somewhere (much too soon) -- with out knowing it?

Back