Mother Mary

mica said:
time for Gal 1 again. If they aren't taught by Jesus or a NT writer they aren't needed.

If they aren't taught by Jesus or a NT writer they aren't for Christians. they are of man.
have you ever read Gal 1? does your priest ever teach on it?
ok, what traditions do you heed?
none that aren't supported by writings in NT time by the apostles / disciples.

A new day said:
There are enough ex-catholics on here, that can and will provide proof, of mary worship, saint worship, church worship, dead people worship a lot better than I could. In the first place, they have had hands on experience in the rcc to know what is and is not practiced in the rcc. From the time I started posting in the rc forum. I have read enough from rc's themselves, which also have verified for me, that rc's do indeed worship mary.

And btw, this is NOT the forum to debate non-rc doctrine.... there are other sections for that. This forum is for rc discussion only.
an ex-catholic who proabably couldnt get an annulement, or was mistreated by a nun. Or maybe just didnt 'feel' God: is your source? lol.
more likely that they did feel God - drawing them away from the rcc.

Oh how about I give you names of ex protestants?
why? do you think all of those that catholics call 'protestant' are believers? many are not - they probably like all the made up idols, rituals and pomp made up by rcc men. they don't know scripture anymore than catholics do.

Bible scholars who studied, were top of their class and profession only to come to the knowledge that the CC is the church Christ established.
I wouldn't consider them Bible scholars. a lot of catholics have degrees and titles too. the world is full of them.

which shows that they don't know
Him.

Both human and divine with apostolic succession and authority from Jesus himself. You want those names?
so false teachers claim. would you expect them to claim that they're a false teacher?

I am questioning your laughable statement that not all RC leaders are immoral.
Too bad that the RCC and their followers never learned one of my granny's proverbs: "One rotten apple spoils the barrel." A variation on St. Paul’s "A little leaven leaves the whole lump."
(I have made bread, and it takes maybe a quarter ounce of yeast to leaven 2 pounds of flour - less than 1%by weight. And what does yeast do? It gives off carbon dioxide and a bad smell! ?)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

an ex-catholic who proabably couldnt get an annulement, or was mistreated by a nun.

Not necessarily. I know an ex-Catholic in our last church who left that church, and joined ours. The RCC scandal over priest pedophilia and its cover up of it for so many years was what set her in motion to question her church. She was in her 50's. My husband sat in sessions with her, going over the differences between the RCC teachings and the LCMS's teachings, showing her bible verses that confirmed our beliefs and did NOT confirm the RCC's. She is much happier in our church, since she knows she is truly saved and it is on account of what Jesus did for her on the cross and not on account of her jumping through RCC
"hoops".
Or maybe just didnt 'feel' God: is your source? lol. Oh how about I give you names of ex protestants? Bible scholars who studied, were top of their class and profession only to come to the knowledge that the CC is the church Christ established. Both human and divine with apostolic succession and authority from Jesus himself. You want those names?
I have read of a few. But the idea that all ex-Catholics left your church because they couldn't get an annulment or were mistreated by a nun is false and foolish.

Last edited:
Too bad that the RCC and their followers never learned one of my granny's proverbs: "One rotten apple spoils the barrel." A variation on St. Paul’s "A little leaven leaves the whole lump."
(I have made bread, and it takes maybe a quarter ounce of yeast to leaven 2 pounds of flour - less than 1%by weight. And what does yeast do? It gives off carbon dioxide and a bad smell! ?)

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
Sure makes for great bread, though! ? And baking yeast bread smells wonderful! But I get what you are saying. Doesn't take much to make false doctrines spread in a church, does it? Jesus, Paul, and Peter all warned us that this would happen.

Where in the bible says there is no need for tradition?

Where does it say we DO need human traditions? The "traditions" that are mentioned in the NT are the teachings of the Apostles, which we know come straight from Jesus Christ. They are not man-made. So, why would we "need' man-made traditions?

Now, some traditions are just fine, so long as their intent is to point us to Christ Jesus and the word of God--like following a liturgical year, as both our churches do. Other things are adiaphora--neither commanded nor forbidden. Like ministers wearing albs. Ladies wearing nice slacks in church. How many times we have Holy Communion, since it isn't specified in the NT. What musical instruments are used in church services....things like that.
lol, omy. this video is soooo dramatic and bias. You didn't see that? It wanted to you to think we worship her.
And we certainly do NOT do this to her:

This is a portion of a British TV show, that happened to be shown on Youtube. That is all. But those in your church did this to Mary, dressing up a statue in a gaudy costume and parading it about the streets, with people weeping over the sight of it, staring adoringly at it....I would be more likely to puke, were I there...

A mere statue! Catholics DO pray to her as one would pray to God, for help, salvation, comfort, solace. Your church even calls her the "Only hope for sinners" making Jesus so much chopped liver. Did you not read that execrable prayer I posted on here a couple of months ago, the prayer to "Our Lady of perpetual help"? It is...vile. There is no plea in there for intercession, just pleas for help, salvation, to save one from the wrath of her Son....as if she could save anyone! She isn't God. So, why pray to her as if she WERE?

We can love, honor, and respect Mary as the wonderful, humble mother of our Lord in His Incarnation, but beyond that NO ONE SHOULD GO. We can do all of this without praying to her, ascribing powers and glories to her that belong only to her Son, and parading statues of her throughout the streets, with people weeping all over the place over a silly, foolish statue!

Last edited:

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
I know my husband bakes. I have made bread and you are right you do not need much yeast at all.

Not necessarily. I know an ex-Catholic in our last church who left that church, and joined ours. The RCC scandal over priest pedophilia and its cover up of it for so many years was what set her in motion to question her church. She was in her 50's. My husband sat in sessions with her, going over the differences between the RCC teachings and the LCMS's teachings, showing her bible verses that confirmed our beliefs and did NOT confirm the RCC's. She is much happier in our church, since she knows she is truly saved and it is on account of what Jesus did for her on the cross and not on account of her jumping through RCC
"hoops".

I have read of a few. But the idea that all ex-Catholics left your church because they couldn't get an annulment or were mistreated by a nun is false and foolish.

They like to justify why people leave the RCC, they cannot understand that it is the bad fruit and the HS that take a person out of the bad tree. They like to cover up the truth as to why people leave, it is the RC way. Coverup real history, cover up the various scandals, cover up the sin of their leaders, cover up people finding the truth and leaving.

Where does it say we DO need human traditions? The "traditions" that are mentioned in the NT are the teachings of the Apostles, which we know come straight from Jesus Christ. They are not man-made. So, why would we "need' man-made traditions?

Now, some traditions are just fine, so long as their intent is to point us to Christ Jesus and the word of God--like following a liturgical year, as both our churches do. Other things are adiaphora--neither commanded nor forbidden. Like ministers wearing albs. Ladies wearing nice slacks in church. How many times we have Holy Communion, since it isn't specified in the NT. What musical instruments are used in church services....things like that.

This is a portion of a British TV show, that happened to be shown on Youtube. That is all. But those in your church did this to Mary, dressing up a statue in a gaudy costume and parading it about the streets, with people weeping over the sight of it, staring adoringly at it....

A mere statue! Catholics DO pray to her as one would pray to God, for help, salvation, comfort, solace. Your church even calls her the "Only hope for sinners" making Jesus so much chopped liver. Did you not read that execrable prayer I posted on here a couple of months ago, the prayer to "Our Lady of perpetual help"? It is...vile. There is no plea in there for intercession, just pleas for help, salvation, to save one from the wrath of her Son....as if she could save anyone! She isn't God. So, why pray to her as if she WERE?

We can love, honor, and respect Mary as the wonderful, humble mother of our Lord in His Incarnation, but beyond that NO ONE SHOULD GO. We can do all of this without praying to her, ascribing powers and glories to her that belong only to her Son, and parading statues of her throughout the streets, with people weeping all over the place over a silly, foolish statue!
As an RC we are brought up to believe we do not worship Mary and even though we do the same things when praying to Mary or Jesus they are different. One is worship and one is reverence.

I always wondered how is it different? Do we step over an invisible line that we cannot see. It looks the same, we are doing the same thing. How does one know? Yep it looks the same, smells the same and God is not fooled by the hula dula thingy.

"hoops".

if that's all it took for a catholic to leave the rcc then there wasn't much in the rcc worth staying part of it.

They like to justify why people leave the RCC, they cannot understand that it is the bad fruit and the HS that take a person out of the bad tree. They like to cover up the truth as to why people leave, it is the RC way. Coverup real history, cover up the various scandals, cover up the sin of their leaders, cover up people finding the truth and leaving.
Fig leaves. That's all the world has; all that it can imagine. "I know what I should be, but I'm not, so to cover up my wrongdoing, I will deny the wrongdoings exist." Kinda like our cat in the litter box – no matter how hard it tries to cover its mess, it still stinks to high heaven!

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"

One is worship and one is reverence.
Interestingly, reverence is a synonym for the word "worship", so is venerate and adoration. Venerate is latin for "worship" and specifically aimed at giving a deity ultra adoration and praise. I have been told before.... no , no we don't worship mary, we venerate her. But when you look at the root meaning of venerate you get "to reverence, worship,". The meaning and definition hasn't changed.

Yup, the different words the rcc uses for levels of reverence, still come back full stop to "worship of a deity". They let the leaders do the thinking for them, instead of the laity, using the brains, and common sense God gave each one of us. People when they first start those mary and saint prayers, get the sense at the beginning that something is wrong, but get talked into continuing to go against their consciences, until their consciences have been seared, and they no longer sense the difference.

See I discovered this about maybe 5 or so yrs ago, looking for something else online, when I came across multiple of web pages from priests who talked about this and admitted that they got the impression at the start of their priesthood. But then those above them told them to continue so the nagging voice that told them that praying to mary was wrong would go away.

Interestingly, reverence is a synonym for the word "worship", so is venerate and adoration. Venerate is latin for "worship" and specifically aimed at giving a deity ultra adoration and praise. I have been told before.... no , no we don't worship mary, we venerate her. But when you look at the root meaning of venerate you get "to reverence, worship,". The meaning and definition hasn't changed.

Yup, the different words the rcc uses for levels of reverence, still come back full stop to "worship of a deity". They let the leaders do the thinking for them, instead of the laity, using the brains, and common sense God gave each one of us. People when they first start those mary and saint prayers, get the sense at the beginning that something is wrong, but get talked into continuing to go against their consciences, until their consciences have been seared, and they no longer sense the difference.

See I discovered this about maybe 5 or so yrs ago, looking for something else online, when I came across multiple of web pages from priests who talked about this and admitted that they got the impression at the start of their priesthood. But then those above them told them to continue so the nagging voice that told them that praying to mary was wrong would go away.
You know, I suspected the bolded stuff all along. I have read of some who became Mormons or JWs as adult balked at some of their doctrines at the beginning, but figured it was their fault they felt that way, and put it on the shelf, so to speak. They had to tamp down their unease about it, in order to be accepted. So, the same must happen to some who become Catholics.

Fig leaves. That's all the world has; all that it can imagine. "I know what I should be, but I'm not, so to cover up my wrongdoing, I will deny the wrongdoings exist." Kinda like our cat in the litter box – no matter how hard it tries to cover its mess, it still stinks to high heaven!

--Rich
"Esse quam videri"
That means you need to clean out the kitty box real quickly! :p

if that's all it took for a catholic to leave the rcc then there wasn't much in the rcc worth staying part of it.
She may have had doubts before this. Her husband was a lifelong LCMS Lutheran and the went to their respective churches, but may have exchanged ideas. I never asked her. But I think the pedophile priest scandal and cover up was the last straw for her.

Back