Is faith a condition of salvation?

Conviction of SIN by the Holy Spirit is no Joke.
Conviction is no joke
I probably went through it half a dozen times before the LAST time, and it's AGONIZING. But it was still my free will to "pull the trigger" and Surrender/repent.
When we ask forgiveness He forgives us.
Some folks find the transition easier (I hear). And being Born again is ONLY POSSIBLE when the Conviction is there, which adds a "time pressure" to the mix.
Your not saying you been born again numerous times are you?

If he did, all would believe.
if He doesn't demand belief from All, how can Unbelief be sin?

"choose life..."
"I...am the life"
"repent, and believe..."
etc.

the full scope of L point is weird to me - the notion that Messiah died only for the elect
I'm just trying to understand more what it is based on

But the answer IS clear - If you're a Calvinist, then If you're ELECT, You'll be born again, and persevere.
But if you're NOT ELECT - you'll burn.
there is no differing/diversity of thoughts within "Calvinism"? now or historically...
it's just full 5 point TULIP or nothing?

Last edited:
Is faith, strictly speaking, a condition of salvation? Does a man have to believe before he can be saved?

Did Jesus die on the cross, doing 99%, and now leaves it up to us to believe, doing the last 1%?

In still other words, did Jesus’ death make salvation possible, or did he actually efficaciously accomplish redemption?
As usual Calvinist talking points ignores scripture and context. God does NOT repent, believe, and or faith for us.
Unchecked Copy Box
Heb 11:6 - But without faith it isimpossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him

As usual Calvinist talking points ignores scripture and context. God does NOT repent, believe, and or faith for us.

Nice straw-man.

No Calvinist believes or teaches that
"God repents for us",
"God believes for us", or
"God faiths for us".

Why do you have to resort to MISREPRESENTATION?

Why do you need faith if you've been perfected by faith?
Who needs faith (hope) for what they already have? (See Rom 8:24) Once we are in eternity our faith is made sight! We will know as we are fully known and there will be no need for faith, for we will see him as he is! Faith will be fulfilled!

Doug

Conviction is no joke

When we ask forgiveness He forgives us.

Your not saying you been born again numerous times are you?
OF course not. I ran away from it, and let it pass numerous times, until the LAST time. I probably would have run away that time also, EXCEPT I couldn't be sure that He'd Convict again (Gen 6:3). And NO, I don't necessarily "buy into" OSAS/Perseverance of the Saints. But that's a different topic.

there is no differing/diversity of thoughts within "Calvinism"? now or historically...
it's just full 5 point TULIP or nothing?
To the Calvinist, anything less than all five makes you an "Arminian". Baptists, for the most part are not "Calvinist", since they don't support "L", or "I". But they will fight to the death for "P".

Is faith, strictly speaking, a condition of salvation? Does a man have to believe before he can be saved?

Did Jesus die on the cross, doing 99%, and now leaves it up to us to believe, doing the last 1%?

In still other words, did Jesus’ death make salvation possible, or did he actually efficaciously accomplish redemption?
1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Acts 16:30–31 (KJV 1900) — 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Christ death made possible the salvation of all and ensured the salvation of those with faith

Scripture makes that plainly clear should you desire to heed it

OF course not. I ran away from it, and let it pass numerous times, until the LAST time.
Do you think you had control over regeneration and let it pass until you decided it?
I probably would have run away that time also, EXCEPT I couldn't be sure that He'd Convict again (Gen 6:3).
Huh? So you suspected God may not try to get your attention again and convict you? So you decided to give in?

Do you think maybe this was the process of being called and regenerated? God already had you and you were just going kicking and screaming?
And NO, I don't necessarily "buy into" OSAS/Perseverance of the Saints. But that's a different topic.
Yea, that’s a different topic.

1 Corinthians 1:21 (KJV 1900) — 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
Can I give you some friendly advice?

Try context. ?
Acts 16:30–31 (KJV 1900) — 30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
Got context?
Christ death made possible the salvation of all and ensured the salvation of those with faith
Nope! Wrong!
Christ’s death actually saved. It made nothing possible.
Scripture makes that plainly clear should you desire to heed it
Scripture is quite clear that Christ’s sacrifice accomplished what he came to do. I pray one day you will discover this mystery

It's fallacious to equate an action with meriting the result.

The Bible is crystal clear faith brings salvation, man made philosophies make one feel the need to reinterpret that plain meaning.
As long as you continue listening to the spirit of the world you’ll miss out on truth. The Bible is crystal clear to those who are trained to think biblically and taught by His word.
This is why you feel the need to keep repeating beliefs and theory’s which are not of scripture, or are taken out of context. Because it just don’t quite add up, does it? ? nope

Diz, if it’s not in the Bible, it’s not theology. It’s humanism.
Grace enables and empowers faith, but grace is not literally faith, or faith would not have a separate word.
Faith is believing. And it is by grace we believe. Faith is a gift you just cannot get of your own.

Last edited:
Do you think you had control over regeneration and let it pass until you decided it?
Absolutely.
I had no control about it "Coming" (couldn't make it come - but, I COULD stay out of places that would bring it like Churches, or "the hour of decision" on radio). SO God got me 2000 miles away from home, and cornered me with my newly saved room mate.
Huh? So you suspected God may not try to get your attention again and convict you? So you decided to give in?
Better than going to hell for eternity. Life was hell anyway.
Do you think maybe this was the process of being called and regenerated?
I'm not a "Calvinist", and I don't use their terminology. All I know was that I was Convicted of my SIN again, but this time I surrendered, repented (as best as I knew how), and cried out to HIM to save me. And everything changed.
God already had you and you were just going kicking and screaming? Yea, that’s a different topic.
No question but that God was on my trail (the "Hound of Heaven" thing). Eventually, HE "ran me to ground".

Back