God wanted human sacrifices for atonement of sin?

So, you choose to ignore Scripture and assert dogma.

God Bless
Moses was God before Pharaoh, Exodus 7:1, as are judges, Exodus 21:6, 22:8-9; Psalm 82:6, angels, Psalm 8:5; Abraham as God, Genesis 23:6; the house of David like God and the angel of YHWH, Zechariah 12:8, etc.

Do you accept these cases involve divinity?

Christianity teaches that when you sin, you repent. WHEN. You can't do it in advance. You don't ask for forgiveness once and it forgives all your future sins. I know that there are a few places that teach that, but they are way out of touch with what Christians have said for thousands of years. If you think about it, it only makes sense. It is impossible to repent of something that you don't even know about.

Pardon me for using the New Testament, but I want to show you that true Christians who KNOW the New Covenant can repent again and again for acting out in immature fruit of the Spirit called trespasses. Then, yes, we can repent in the future. But when it comes to committing sins unto death - the breaking of major sins you know of in the Ten Commandment such as murder, stealing, lying, adultery, those are sins connected to our sin nature, and that includes coveting which advances to other major sins as those I've stated; we cannot commit them in the first place after being born again of God's Spirit.

Now I agree with you that ever since the apostles died, the true gospel faded, and many false teachings have been taught for the past 2000 years. But for the last 100 years, plus, the second falling of the Holy Spirit, called "the latter rain" has brought back the true gospel. Still the false is still being preached to the majority of Christians. So I can see good reason for @Jewjitzu's hatred. Satan has been having a party. Jesus, Himself, said, "there are only a few that will find it." Don't look at "Christians," look at Jesus, YOUR Messiah.

1 John 3:4, the subject of this chapter on sin, sins unto death, are what after receiving the living God inside of us, we cannot commit anymore than God can. 1 John 3:9 "Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God." So those we cannot commit in the future. We are not even to pray for another believer that commits one of those, but can pray for someone who commits a sin not unto death,

1 John 5:16-17
16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that. 17 All unrighteousness is sin, and there is sin not leading to death.

Last edited:
It's pretty simple. That's why Nicodemus was asked the question. ;)
Nicodemos was a Teacher of the law and he didn,understand it. I dont expect you to either. You must be Born Again to understand the things of God. When the Holy Spirit indwells in you than you will understand But this will only happen when you repent of your sins and ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior..

Nicodemos was a Teacher of the law and he didn,understand it. I dont expect you to either.
I seriously doubt didn't know what I shared.

You must be Born Again to understand the things of God.
Yes, following the commandments shows one is born again.

When the Holy Spirit indwells in you than you will understand
Evidence of the spirit of holiness is the keeping of the commandments, Zechariah 7:12, Ezekiel 36:26-27, etc.

You don't have it.

But this will only happen when you repent of your sins and ask Jesus to be your Lord and Savior..
No thanks. Even Jesus prayed for salvation from the true God, Hebrews 5:7.

Can't you answer the question on the sign of a virgin?

Jesus prayed for salvation from the true God, Hebrews 5:7.

ROFL Do you think salvation is to continue to live in this lifetime and die a natural death? That proves you still have a carnal mind and not spiritual, and even if you kept the Ten Commandments to the letter you would not be born again. Born again means you no longer have the sin nature you were born with for it was taken away by Jesus. The true salvation is for eternal life forever and ever after you've been raised from the dead. Jesus already took all the Old Testament Jews and saints back with Him on His first resurrection who kept His Father's commandments. That covenant is over. J, don't let it be too late for you too as it was for all those who have died in their sins before you in the past couple thousand years.

This is what it is like for you right now trying to keep the law:

14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

Last edited:
ROFL Do you think salvation is to continue to live in this lifetime and die a natural death?
Rotfl... salvation is referred to in different terms in Tanakh with respect to enemies, illness, sin, etc. Jesus hasn't saved us from any of these as the world continues on its pattern.

That proves you still have a carnal mind and not spiritual, and even if you kept the Ten Commandments to the letter you would not be born again.
Read my paragraph above. You're such an enemy to the commandments because of your carnal mind.

Born again means you no longer have the sin nature you were born with for it was taken away by Jesus.
If that's your definition, you aren't born again.

The true salvation is for eternal life forever and ever after you've been raised from the dead. Jesus already took all the Old Testament Jews and saints back with Him on His first resurrection who kept His Father's commandments.
Rotfl... did you see any saints with Jesus at his ascension? You're ridiculous.

That covenant is over. J, don't let it be too late for you too as it was for all those who have died in their sins before you in the past couple thousand years.
Sorry, but it's an eternal covenant. Why do you think Jesus required salvation? Even the NT says from when he was young that he grew in favor with God. ;)

This is what it is like for you right now trying to keep the law:

14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
Paul was an apostate so no wonder he had issues with the law.

Last edited:
Rotfl... salvation is referred to in different terms in Tanakh with respect to enemies, illness, sin, etc. Jesus hasn't saved us from any of these as the world continues on its pattern.

The context of Hebrews 5:7 is this life! That is not salvation as you put it. LOL And Jesus didn't need saving; He IS the Savior!

And yes in Jesus we can be kept safe just as the Israelites were safe from the plagues of Egypt through faith and obedience. When we have tornado warnings I just go to bed. I'm kept safe and I know it. There is nothing to fear while in my house because God is protecting me here.

Read my paragraph above. You're such an enemy to the commandments because of your carnal mind.

I've been born again and my carnal mind was taken out of me. And as far as your commandments, I keep them because the commandments of Jesus are stronger than yours and are in me. Therefore, by keeping the commandments of Jesus, I automatically by default am keeping yours too plus more.

If that's your definition, you aren't born again.

Where in the Tanakh is there anything regarding being born again. You don't even know what it means. You can't because you've never experienced it

Rotfl... did you see any saints with Jesus at his ascension? You're ridiculous.

After Jesus' resurrection he was still on earth for 40 days, and the dead saints were seen walking the streets of Jerusalem. It would be ridiculous to not take them to heaven after he raised them from the dead! I suppose you think they died again, or are still walking the streets of Jerusalem forever. ROFL

Sorry, but it's an eternal covenant. Why do you think Jesus required salvation? Even the NT says from when he was young that he grew in favor with God.

No, the eternal covenant is with Abraham, through Isaac, not Ishmael. Ishmael represented the covenant of the carnal flesh, the Ten Commandments. Isaac was the son of promise, and that is fulfilled in Jesus, the Seed (of Abraham).

The context of Hebrews 5:7 is this life! That is not salvation as you put it. LOL And Jesus didn't need saving; He IS the Savior!
Rotfl... even in this life, if he's truly God or perfect, he shouldn't have to pray and cry for salvation. ;)

And yes in Jesus we can be kept safe just as the Israelites were safe from the plagues of Egypt through faith and obedience. When we have tornado warnings I just go to bed. I'm kept safe and I know it. There is nothing to fear while in my house because God is protecting me here.
The world continues on its way. Jesus has done nothing.

I've been born again and my carnal mind was taken out of me. And as far as your commandments, I keep them because the commandments of Jesus are stronger than yours and are in me.
We've been through this. You don't keep the Sabbath, worship a false god, etc.

Therefore, by keeping the commandments of Jesus, I automatically by default am keeping yours too plus more.
Rotfl... there are 613 of them. You've admitted before you don't keep them all.

Where in the Tanakh is there anything regarding being born again. You don't even know what it means. You can't because you've never experienced it.
Born of water and spirit refers to the law. ;)

After Jesus' resurrection he was still on earth for 40 days, and the dead saints were seen walking the streets of Jerusalem. It would be ridiculous to not take them to heaven after he raised them from the dead! I suppose you think they died again, or are still walking the streets of Jerusalem forever. ROFL
What's ridiculous is that nowhere in the NT does it say Jesus took them with him. You've lied about this. That's pretty sad ?.

No, the eternal covenant is with Abraham, through Isaac, not Ishmael.
I said nothing of Ishmael.

Ishmael represented the covenant of the carnal flesh, the Ten Commandments.
God gave the 10 commandments, all of the commandments. You just sinned again and spoke blasphemy. Pretty sad.

Isaac was the son of promise, and that is fulfilled in Jesus, the Seed (of Abraham).
The seed of Abraham are like the stars, Genesis 15:4-5.

Go read the New Covenant; you only know half of the whole.
You mean the one in Jeremiah 31:31-34?

It says it's with Israel only, and is the same laws written on our hearts and minds, not stone.

Go, and sin no more. Babble somewhere else. Maybe your closet.

You mean the one in Jeremiah 31:31-34?

It says it's with Israel only, and is the same laws written on our hearts and minds, not stone.

Go, and sin no more. Babble somewhere else. Maybe your closet.

As I said before, Covenant and Testament are the same thing, so go read the New Testament. LOL Good night again. And I know it is only with Israel, but Gentiles have been cleansed by God if they repent and are grafted into the true Israel. You rejected the true Israel and no longer have an inheritance through the promise to Abraham.

Here is what you can't find in the Old Testament. Keep reading...

22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 27 For it is written:

“Rejoice, O barren,
You who do not bear!
Break forth and shout,
You who are not in labor!
For the desolate has many more children
Than she who has a husband.”

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are children of promise. 29 But, as he who was born according to the flesh then persecuted him who was born according to the Spirit, even so it is now. 30 Nevertheless what does the Scripture say? “Cast out the bondwoman and her son, for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.” 31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman but of the free.

Last edited:
As I said before, Covenant and Testament are the same thing, so go read the New Testament.
You can say a lot of things. Jeremiah 31:31-34 has nothing to do with the NT nor the church.

LOL Good night again. And I know it is only with Israel, but Gentiles have been cleansed by God if they repent and are grafted into the true Israel.
Grafting occurs as in Isaiah 56:1-8. One law for the native and stranger.

You're not part of Israel.

You rejected the true Israel and no longer have an inheritance.
Rotfl... Zechariah 8:23

You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is of the Jews.

Go babble in your closet. ;)

You can say a lot of things. Jeremiah 31:31-34 has nothing to do with the NT nor the church.

Of course it has everything to do with the Church of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant. Jesus was a "sign which will be spoke against." The sign that would be for the fall and rising of Israel. The disciples/apostles rose to the occasion. The Pharisees fell and wanted Him dead.

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

You are still in the broken covenant - broken by the Jews. Even though I am a Gentile, I am more of a Jew than you are now. You were a branch that was broken off the main root through your rejection of your own Messiah. I am grafted in to your place. But you can be grafted back in so you also can be saved. Of course, God will keep his promise to the nation of Israel. It is the individual Jews who are the problem. Here is the information you need on the grafting in of the Gentiles, the wild olive branches.

Romans 11:

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. [a]But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”

9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their [b]fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, [e]goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [f]opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be [g]saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has [h]committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”

36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Jewitzu, soften your heart, and heal your stiff-neck. It is not too late.

You worship what you do not know; we worship what we know, for salvation is of the Jews.

Of course it is. You left through your rejection, and in your place I was grafted in. So thanks, I guess. But I really want you to be grafted back into the whole plan of redemption made before the foundation of the world.

And get it out of your head that Jesus needed salvation. That's hilarious. Only people who have sinned in their lifetime like you and me NEED salvation. Jesus lived a sinless life and why His crucifixion was accepted by God and He became our Savior, otherwise He would not have been resurrected. He was the spotless lamb. And because of his death, I am dead to sin. And because He was resurrected, I can live a righteous life with the laws of God to Love a part of me. Your hatred of Christians though warranted, has nothing to do with Jesus, only the fake Christians who keep sinning, never having been cleansed of all unrighteousness. I have been. 45 years ago. I've noticed and it hurts my heart, that there are not many of us. Most Christians believe we will "always sin." That is NOT the gospel. They have rejected the gospel, just as the Jews broke their covenant.

Last edited:
Of course it has everything to do with the Church of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant. Jesus was a "sign which will be spoke against." The sign that would be for the fall and rising of Israel. The disciples/apostles rose to the occasion. The Pharisees fell and wanted Him dead.

31 “Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah— 32 not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, though I was a husband to them, says the Lord. 33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

You are still in the broken covenant - broken by the Jews. Even though I am a Gentile, I am more of a Jew than you are now. You were a branch that was broken off the main root through your rejection of your own Messiah. I am grafted in to your place. But you can be grafted back in so you also can be saved. Of course, God will keep his promise to the nation of Israel. It is the individual Jews who are the problem. Here is the information you need on the grafting in of the Gentiles, the wild olive branches.

Romans 11:

I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? 4 But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. 6 And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. [a]But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

7 What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. 8 Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”

9 And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their [b]fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, [e]goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [f]opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be [g]saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has [h]committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”

36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Jewitzu, soften your heart, and heal your stiff-neck. It is not too late.
Charismatic Lady, the reality of Jeremiah 31:31-34 is clear. The church ain't in there. And you're a sinner as well. Don't fool yourself.

Quoting the apostate Paul doesn't really impress me nor tug at my heart.

Of course it is. You left through your rejection, and in your place I was grafted in. So thanks, I guess. But I really want you to be grafted back into the whole plan of redemption made before the foundation of the world.

And get it out of your head that Jesus needed salvation. That's hilarious. Only people who have sinned in their lifetime like you and me NEED salvation. Jesus lived a sinless life and why His crucifixion was accepted by God and He became our Savior, otherwise He would not have been resurrected. He was the spotless lamb. And because of his death, I am dead to sin. And because He was resurrected, I can live a righteous life with the laws of God to Love a part of me. Your hatred of Christians though warranted, has nothing to do with Jesus, only the fake Christians who keep sinning, never having been cleansed of all unrighteousness. I have been. 45 years ago. I've noticed and it hurts my heart, that there are not many of us. Most Christians believe we will "always sin." That is NOT the gospel. They have rejected the gospel, just as the Jews broke their covenant.
As I showed, gentiles can be grafted according to Isaiah 56:1-8 and has been the pattern for some time now. The law remains the same.... one law for the native and stranger.

Have you ever interacted with the concept of the Hypostatic union? In Christianity, Jesus had two distinct natures:

The concepts of the Hypostatic union and Jesus having 2 natures are theories put forward by trinitarians to explain the trinity and Jesus' divinity. Jesus himself never expounded those ideas.

I have a simple question. If you travelled 2000 years back in time and saw Jesus face to face, would you say you have seen God?

Because if John writes "no one has seen God" (1John 4:12) it automatically follows that the Jesus he saw face to face was not God.

I know you'll quote that verse from Philippians again, but Paul also writes that no one has seen or can see God.

- which God will bring about in his own time—God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen (1Timothy 6:15-16)

When Moses himself says YHWH appeared to Abraham, I believe YHWH appeared before Abraham.

Moses also says YHWH appeared to Hagar in Genesis 16. But the text establishes that it was the "angel of the Lord" that spoke to Hagar.

The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert... (Genesis 16:7)

She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.” (Genesis 16:13)

Same thing with Jacob when he wrestles a man/angel but then says he saw "God".

All that's happening is that the angel sent by YHWH is addressed as YHWH for whatever reason. So it's the same thing in Abraham's case. He saw 3 men/angels and God was not among them, because "no one can see God".

Someone has argued with me that God's intent, desire, was for humans to offer human sacrifices as atonement for sins.

Animal sacrifices were only a substitute for what God really desired, according to the poster.

As evidence for this, they point to Abraham and the ram substitute for Isaac. But is this really true?

We find throughout Tanakh that human sacrifices were deemed idolatrous and associated with false gods, ie Molech, Leviticus 18:21, 2 Chronicles 28:3, etc.

But ironically, we find the following fascinating verses in Micah 6:6-8 regarding offering our own children, human sacrifices for atonement:

6With what shall I come before the LORD when I bow before the God on high? Should I come to Him with burnt offerings, with year-old calves?

7Would the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of oil? Shall I present my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?

8He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you but to act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.

Any thoughts of human a sacrifices is repudiated with these verses. It's just plain silly.

Those sacrifices all pointed towards the final and ultimate sacrifice made to God, thru the sinless lamb of God, the Lord Jesus!

Back