Lutheran doctrine contradicts Lutheran doctrine (i.e. Exodus 12 – Passover Instituted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got halfway through the thread, all that I can get out of the opster's rant, is a sda teaching on commandment keeping. They like to be as confusing and vague as possible, so they can slip in their doctrines under the door without anyone noticing. They look for common ground, and then later use them against their victims in order to persuade them to move over to focusing on the 4 commandment and all the OT rituals, in which they, themselves can NOT keep perfectly. But want all other's to come under their umbrella.
Good catch.

No. You were the one who made a context less blanket statement regarding translation.

You are again expressing your personal preference in translation which has been addressed numerous times in the past.

One shouldn't mistake one's personal preference for a. law or command from God.

What Jewish source lists "sunset" as the true Hebrew meaning of "beyn ha'arbayim" in Exodus 12:6? Is this question too difficult for one to answer?

Does the eighth commandment from God, and the Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment to all Lutherans, apply to the Evangelical Heritage Version Bible translators? (i.e. EHV 2019 - Exodus 12:6)

The Hebrew/Greek linguists on earth need to be honest, and transparent, during their work in promoting the Christian faith. Does one agree? (i.e. Colossians 3:9; 2 Timothy 2:15)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Bringing Christian harmony to all the world

What Jewish source lists "sunset" as the true Hebrew meaning of "beyn ha'arbayim" in Exodus 12:6? Is this question too difficult for one to answer?

Does the eighth commandment from God, and the Book of Concord's explanation of the eighth commandment to all Lutherans, apply to the Evangelical Heritage Version Bible translators? (i.e. EHV 2019 - Exodus 12:6)

The Hebrew/Greek linguists on earth need to be honest, and transparent, during their work in promoting the Christian faith. Does one agree? (i.e. Colossians 3:9; 2 Timothy 2:15)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Please show us from the Bible where knowing the correct time of day when the Paschal lamb was slaughtered for Jesus and His disciples to eat is necessary for salvation.

Last edited:

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
You know very well that your preferred translation is in the footnote to the passage so why are you pretending that potato and puhtahto don't refer to the same thing or that one term may not be more commonly used and readily understood by one group rather than another?

Please show us from the Bible where knowing the correct time of day when the Pascual lamb was slaughtered for Jesus and His disciples to eat is necessary for salvation.
Yes, it is no surprise that some people want to argue as if the true Christ, the One who reconciled the world to God, hasn't already come.

Misery loves company, eh? :)
That is one way to say it. I would say it as legalists, those who only know the law, like legalistic company so that together they can suppress and deny the actual gospel of Jesus Christ, the objective true good news of the person and work of Christ to and for all men.

That is one way to say it. I would say it as legalists, those who only know the law, like legalistic company so that together they can suppress and deny the actual gospel of Jesus Christ, the objective true good news of the person and work of Christ to and for all men.
Being legalistic has its own kind of misery, if you ask me. Legalists become victims of their own self-imposed legalism--and for no good reason.

Last edited:
Being legalistic has its own kind of misery, if you ask me. Legalists become victims of their own self-imposed legalism--and for no good reason.

Define "legalistic" as it would apply to the premise of the original post. (i.e. Jesus was born under the law. Galatians 4:1-4) (i.e. Exodus 12:6)

Has one read the New Testament lately?

There are 865 references to the words, "do not" in the Old Testament.

There are 547 references to the words, "do not" in the New Testament. (i.e. do not be deceived; do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophecies)

Whatever things were written before were written for our learning. (i.e. Romans 15:4)

Some people just refuse the Truth. Truth Matters. Abide in the "doctrine of Christ". (i.e. 2 John 9)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Define "legalistic" as it would apply to the premise of the original post. (i.e. Jesus was born under the law. Galatians 4:1-4) (i.e. Exodus 12:6)

Has one read the New Testament lately?

There are 865 references to the words, "do not" in the Old Testament.

There are 547 references to the words, "do not" in the New Testament. (i.e. do not be deceived; do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophecies)

Whatever things were written before were written for our learning. (i.e. Romans 15:4)

Some people just refuse the Truth. Truth Matters. Abide in the "doctrine of Christ". (i.e. 2 John 9)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Just answer my question: Where does the Bible say knowing the time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered for Jesus and disciples is necessary for our salvation, and eternal life in heaven, in the new and better covenant of grace in the blood of Jesus Christ?

Just continue reading in Galatians 4. He was born under the law in order to redeem those under the law. In other words, the legalistic thrust of your thread is it's focus on the law which never saved anyone and was not intended to do so.

“Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.” (Gal 3:21, KJVA)

No. You were the one who made a context less blanket statement regarding translation.

You are again expressing your personal preference in translation which has been addressed numerous times in the past.

One shouldn't mistake one's personal preference for a. law or command from God.

Exactly. One shouldn't mistake one's personal preference (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - "sunset" - EHV @2019) for God's commands, or God's law.

If the EHV English Biblical translators @2019 cannot answer the following three questions honestly, regarding the Passover ordinance commanded by God (i.e. Exodus 12:6), then one can conclude that the EHV English Biblical translators @2019 have borne false witness to all believers in Jesus Christ who have read their EHV @2019 English Biblical translation. (i.e. Exodus 12:6) (i.e. false witness - making public or declaring for truth, anything that cannot be properly proved with sufficient clear evidence - Reference: The Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - 254] 271] 272]; (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21))

These three questions can be easily answered when one has the true translation of (Exodus 12:6 - "beyn ha'arbayim" - i.e. twilight - i.e. dusk)

According to the commands of God,

When was the time of day on the 14th that the Passover lamb was to be slaughtered? (i.e. Exodus 12:6)
Which day, the 14th or 15th, was one to eat the Passover supper?
Which days represented the seven days of Unleavened Bread, the 14th through 20th, or the 15th through 21st?

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Last edited:
Just answer my question: Where does the Bible say knowing the time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered for Jesus and disciples is necessary for our salvation, and eternal life in heaven, in the new and better covenant of grace in the blood of Jesus Christ?

Just answer this question. When is it acceptable for English Biblical translators to bear false witness against believers in Jesus Christ using their preferred English translation? (i.e. Exodus 12:6) (i.e. preferences not based on truth or facts)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

Just answer this question. When is it acceptable for English Biblical translators to bear false witness against believers in Jesus Christ using their preferred English translation? (i.e. Exodus 12:6) (i.e. preferences not based on truth or facts)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
No one is bearing false witness. Now, when are you going to answer MY question: where in the NT does Jesus or the Apostles say that we must believe the correct time of day the Paschal lamb Jesus and His disciples ate at the last supper was slaughtered?

"For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish, but have eternal life."

"8 But what does it say? “The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart,” that is, the message concerning faith that we proclaim: 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. (Romans 10)"

"29 The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. 30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”
31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. (Acts 16)"

See anything here about knowing and believing the time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered, that Jesus and His disciples ate at the Last Supper being necessary for salvation?

No one is bearing false witness. Now, when are you going to answer MY question: where in the NT does Jesus or the Apostles say that we must believe the correct time of day the Paschal lamb Jesus and His disciples ate at the last supper was slaughtered?

See anything here about knowing and believing the time of day the Paschal lamb was slaughtered, that Jesus and His disciples ate at the Last Supper being necessary for salvation?

I believe that one is confused. Jesus and the Apostles never believed that God commanded that the Paschal lambs be offered on the fourteenth day of the first month at "sunset", as the EHV @2019 English Biblical translators have made perfectly clear in their very public translation. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - EHV @2019)

They absolutely have borne false witness. (i.e. according to the explanation given in the Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - 254] 271] 272]; (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)) Lutherans today still believe that the Book of Concord is a trustworthy source of valuable insight into the Biblical Word of God, correct?

Maybe one would also like to go on the public record and answer these three questions. Or maybe not, it might be too embarrassing for one.

According to the commands of God, that Moses, Jesus, and the Apostles all obeyed,

When was the time of day on the 14th that the Passover lamb was to be slaughtered? (i.e. Exodus 12:6)
Which days represented the seven days of Unleavened Bread, the 14th through 20th, or the 15th through 21st?

P.S. In a court of law, one will not be allowed by the judge to answer questions asked by the attorney, with another question. The jury members will see right through that nonsense. Now, one can answer the questions in the original post here, or one can answer these questions in a court of law. One's choice. Also in a court of law, one is sworn under oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Period, no exceptions.

Truth matters. Abide in the "doctrine of Christ". (2 John 9)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!

I believe that one is confused. Jesus and the Apostles never believed that God commanded that the Paschal lambs be offered on the fourteenth day of the first month at "sunset", as the EHV @2019 English Biblical translators have made perfectly clear in their very public translation. (i.e. Exodus 12:6 - EHV @2019)

They absolutely have borne false witness. (i.e. according to the explanation given in the Book of Concord - The Large Catechism - The Ten Commandments - The Eighth Commandment - 254] 271] 272]; (1 Thessalonians 5:19-21)) Lutherans today still believe that the Book of Concord is a trustworthy source of valuable insight into the Biblical Word of God, correct?

Maybe one would also like to go on the public record and answer these three questions. Or maybe not, it might be too embarrassing for one.

According to the commands of God, that Moses, Jesus, and the Apostles all obeyed,

P.S. In a court of law, one will not be allowed by the judge to answer questions asked by the attorney, with another question. The jury members will see right through that nonsense. Now, one can answer the questions in the original post here, or one can answer these questions in a court of law. One's choice. Also in a court of law, one is sworn under oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Period, no exceptions.

Truth matters. Abide in the "doctrine of Christ". (2 John 9)

In Christ’s service,
David Behrens
Soli Deo gloria!
Then I suggest you write to the editors of the EHV, and tell them they lied and set them straight. :rolleyes: But do note the footnote it has for this verse:

C. "Literally between the evenings, very likely between sunset and darkness"

This would be twilight, which is how most Bibles translate this idiom, though a few have toward evening or evening. Sunset is when the sun dips completely below the horizon, but there is still a soft glow of light, which is twilight. Sunset causes twilight.

It can also mean between high noon and sunset, so if the lamb was slaughtered at sunset, which means the EHV version is NOT lying. So, why are you getting your BVDs in a bunch over something that has zero to do with the New Covenant that has gone into effect with Jesus' death and Resurrection, where He completely fulfilled the OT sacrificial system, making it obsolete and null and void?

You are making a big deal out of nothing.

In the meantime, please answer my question: Where does the Bible tell us knowing the correct time of day the Paschal lamb was sacrificed, that Jesus and the disciples ate, necessary for salvation? Especially now, in the new and better covenant of grace in the blood of the ultimate Lamb if God? So far, you have been studiously avoiding answering this very simple question.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back