What is the gospel?

First of all, the gospel is God centered, not man centered.
it’s not about you. The only thing about man in the gospel is man is the problem.

Humanists talk about the gospel as it’s man centered. I’ve heard some say, “look what Jesus suffered for you on the cross, a bloody sacrifice. Why? Because he loves you so much. Hear the humanism in this? It’s man centered.

The gospel is about God! Not man.
Think about the cost of redemption.
The gospel is about God the Father sending His son to the cross, pouring His wrath out His wrath on sin that is justly deserved by every human being. All the Father gave the son, the Fathers wrath was poured out on the son for, for their redemption. The gospel is cross centered.
And the cross isn’t to show man how much he is worthY but the severe cost of sin And that you (man) cannot even approach God With your filthy sin.

Man, you may not like it but the gospel isn’t about you.
The resonating Calvinist Gospel message across the ages:
IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU

Got it.

No problem here.

Problem here. If the Gospel is not about man then why is man the object of redemption by the sacrifice of God's Son? Seems like a mighty huge outpouring of God's love for man. So, yeah, the Gospel message is about God's redemption of man because He loves us.

Oh, so you think man is the problem. Perhaps you should know that Jesus came to destroy the works of the devil. You know, the one who caused sin and death. My bible clearly portrays Satan as the problem, and the remedy being the lake of fire that was designed specifically for him and the angels who followed him.

So, sin and Satan are the problems, and both were taken care of by Jesus' death and resurrection. But for man, we receive forgiveness of sin and eternal life. So clearly Satan is the problem in God's eyes.

Oh, so are you saying Jesus suffered and died because God hates man? Jesus tasted death for everyone. And Jesus is the propitiation for the whole world. For God so loved some of the world...nope, He loved the world, and John clearly tells us in 1 Jn 2:2 just who this world encompasses...the whole of man.

It's about both God and man! Jesus did become a man and is still a man...you know this right? Clearly it is about God's love for mankind.

Wrong. Jesus never suffered wrath, nor was He ever punished. It is nowhere in the bible and not taught by Jesus nor His Apostles. But what was taught is that God loved us so much that He provided the sacrifice that would atone for our sin and reconcile us to Himself.

"Therefore, as one trespass led to condemnation for all men, so one act of righteousness leads to justification and life for all men. For as by the one man's disobedience the many were made sinners, so by the one man's obedience the many will be made righteous." (Rom 5:18-19)

The Lord's Apostle, Paul explained how are sins were atoned; by the single act of Jesus obeying His Father's will to suffer and die as our sin offering, and that is how Jesus made atonement for our sins.

Jesus was not His Father's punching bag just so God could get over our sins.

Wrong. No wrath ever mentioned in the bible being poured out By God on His Son. It is an invention of man. Simple enough to disprove it is to show in the bible contextually that God poured out His wrath on Jesus. The Apostles never spoke of it Jesus never spoke of it. The prophets never spoke of it.

But certain men spoke of it and now here we are in Western Christianity calling Jesus blasphemous names such as "sin incarnate, loathsome, obscene, grotesque, a mass of sin and not only cursed by God but became a literal curse and thus was cut off by God and cast into outer darkness."...RC Sproul's quote.

Ok, most of this I agree, but man did approach God after sinning and being cast out of the garden. And Jesus most certainly ate with sinners and walked and talked to masses of sinners. And if a sinner cannot approach God then how can he be saved?...The sinner must approach God for forgiveness. So, the God cannot be around sin is a myth.

Again, It's about both God and man! Jesus did become a man and is still a man. Clearly it is about God's love for mankind.

I've only replied so lurkers can understand there is man's invention named, Penal Substitute Atonement whereby God pours wrath out on His Son and His Son is called blasphemous names by some of the ones who call out to Him, and then there is a biblical alternative whereby God sent His Son into this world to put an end to sin, death, and judgment, and reconcile us to God, and bringing us everlasting righteousness all because He obeyed His Father to humble Himself and suffer and die as our sin offering that purifies us of sin.

God bless
Excellent post brother !!!

Reactions: Joe
First of all, the gospel is God centered, not man centered.
it’s not about you. The only thing about man in the gospel is man is the problem.

Humanists talk about the gospel as it’s man centered. I’ve heard some say, “look what Jesus suffered for you on the cross, a bloody sacrifice. Why? Because he loves you so much. Hear the humanism in this? It’s man centered.

The gospel is about God! Not man.
Think about the cost of redemption.
The gospel is about God the Father sending His son to the cross, pouring His wrath out His wrath on sin that is justly deserved by every human being. All the Father gave the son, the Fathers wrath was poured out on the son for, for their redemption. The gospel is cross centered.
And the cross isn’t to show man how much he is worthY but the severe cost of sin And that you (man) cannot even approach God With your filthy sin.

Man, you may not like it but the gospel isn’t about you.
This is the gospel that Paul preached:

1 Cor 15 1-4
15 Now I want you to understand, brothers and sisters, the good news that I proclaimed to you, which you in turn received, in which also you stand, 2 through which also you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message that I proclaimed to you—unless you have come to believe in vain. 3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I in turn had received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures 4 and that he was buried and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures NRSVUE

I wonder how you would preach that to the lost? 🤔
A Calvinist cannot preach the gospel to the lost since they don’t believe the gospel is for everyone and only the eject . So they cd not tell anyone who is lost that Christ died for their sins .

Hope this helps !!!

A Calvinist cannot preach the gospel to the lost since they don’t believe the gospel is for everyone and only the eject . So they cd not tell anyone who is lost that Christ died for their sins .

Hope this helps !!!
With all this anti-Human dehumanizing rhetoric coming from the Calvinist side, I'm wondering if maybe they are AI chat bots or something similar, programmed to belittle humans.

Hope this helps !!!

And of course if you do not agree with them.

Well , you were never saved anyway!!

One of Paul's phopa's.

Back