Is it only justified true beliefs that refer to the truth and denote reality?

Yes, it is a belief that it is only justified true beliefs that refer to and denote the truth and reality. Please explain why this justified true belief doesn't refer to the truth and denote reality?
That wasn't the question.
The example given of mirages shows that it is not only justified true beliefs that refer to and denote the truth and reality.

The fact that unjustified true beliefs also refer to truth of course.

Yes, you're wrong.

I believe that justified true beliefs define all knowledge of the truth and reality. So, how irrational is it to pretend that anything but justified true beliefs are beliefs in reality?

It isn't a justified true belief because it has no justification. You have produced no evidence to justify this belief. You have simply asserted that it is. Why is it justified?

Because it is a belief about justified true beliefs; that it is only justified true beliefs that refer to the truth and denote reality. what's "false" or "unjustified" about that justified true belief?

It isn't a justified true belief because it isn't true. It has been demonstrated that it isn't true. Counter examples showing it not to be true are abundant and have been shown to you. How can you claim that your belief is justified and true when you have shown no justification and it has beeb shown to be not true?

You mean you have present strawmen. Again, what's "false" or "unjustified" about believing that it is only justified true beliefs that refer to the truth and denote reality.

Cite a dictionary definition of belief.

Real beliefs in reality are all justified true beliefs, because justified true beliefs are defined as knowledge as well. Understand?

On the contrary. In the example given the mirage was a justified true belief, but was not knowledge.

But that's the problem here, while you're talking about and referring to "mirages", "false belief" and "unjustified beliefs" and thus denoting such. At the same time and on the other hand; I am talking about and referring to how and why it is only justified true beliefs that can relate to and denote the truth and reality.
Do you see the discrepancy here Reader?

But that's the problem here, while you're talking about and referring to "mirages", "false belief" and "unjustified beliefs" and thus denoting such. At the same time and on the other hand; I am talking about and referring to how and why it is only justified true beliefs that can relate to and denote the truth and reality.
Do you see the discrepancy here Reader?
Yeah, I see the discrepancy - you don't know what a belief is.

I know what real beliefs are; real beliefs are justified true beliefs. And not "false belief" nor "unjustified beliefs".
Wrong. No definition of the word "belief" requires it to be true or justified. Except your of course. But as you are the only person who uses that definition, it isn't very useful as an aid to communication or as a description of reality.

I know what real beliefs are; real beliefs are justified true beliefs. And not "false belief" nor "unjustified beliefs".

False beliefs and unjustified beliefs are still beliefs. That's why we call them beliefs.

You really should try to learn and understand what a belief is.

No. They are not.
Your question was "Is the belief that it is only justified true beliefs that refer to the truth and denote reality a justified true belief?"
The answer was No.

And neither are "false" and "unjustified" beliefs defined as justified true beliefs or knowledge are they?

OK.
Oh good grief, you're not thinking about what you're writing so you're not being clear. It is possible to have wrong beliefs in reality.

Wrong. No definition of the word "belief" requires it to be true or justified. Except your of course. But as you are the only person who uses that definition, it isn't very useful as an aid to communication or as a description of reality.

False beliefs and unjustified beliefs are still beliefs. That's why we call them beliefs.

You really should try to learn and understand what a belief is.

Strawman. But all 'justified true beliefs' are required to be true and justified. And those are the only ones I am referring to in my belief claim. And none of you are yet to show how and why my 'belief' that it is only 'justified true beliefs' that relate to and denote reality isn't a 'justified true belief'.

This is not a definition sourced and cited from a dictionary.
Try again.

No. My definition of 'belief' is better than that; my definition shows how and why 'beliefs' are justified and true and also defines those 'beliefs' as 'knowledge' as well. And your "definition" doesn't do that, does it.

Strawman. But all 'justified true beliefs' are required to be true and justified. And those are the only ones I am referring to in my belief claim. And none of you are yet to show how and why my 'belief' that it is only 'justified true beliefs' that relate to and denote reality isn't a 'justified true belief'.
You still don't know what belief is. Go and look up the meaning of the word in a dictionary.

No. My definition of 'belief' is better than that; my definition shows how and why 'beliefs' are justified and true and also defines those 'beliefs' as 'knowledge' as well. And your "definition" doesn't do that, does it.
No, your definition is worse, because it is wrong.

What is reality? are intangible things like thoughts, dreams, emotions included in reality?

This is what you said, that I replied to … "So, how irrational is it to pretend that anything but justified true beliefs are beliefs in reality"? This is different to your statement above in the quote box. The statement in the quote box refers to "justified true belief", the statement in quotation marks refers to all beliefs.

So, have you made a mistake and need to clarify one of the statements, or are you just confused and losing track of what you're saying?

Back