Hyper Calvinism defined

It seems strange to turn on a poster because he has discovered something new, Ifpeople are Christian, it would seem they would want to hear what he found

Yes, it is very strange for him to turn on Calvinists, and is unable to demonstrate basic Christian charity.

The poster in question frequently misrepresents Calvinism, so he has eiher been ignorant of it this whole time, or else he is INTENTIONALLY misrepresenting it. And neither is a good look.

Civic is right; he had a very good understanding of Calvinism. Although I know this is impossible, an interesting thing would be to have the former Civic debate against the new Civic. I think the former Civic would show the new Civic that although he knew Calvinism, the things he is saying about Calvinism now; is Hyper Calvinism...

I'm a 5-Point Calvinist; and I reject many of the things he is saying about Calvinism too...
All one needs to do is look at my old posts that are still here from 2020 when I was a calvinist. I will resurrect one where all of you here give me reps.

For other posters, the poster Theo 1689 here is referring to, Chalcedon, claims to have been a Calvinist for decades and taught it. I believe he means in this forum, having had a mental union even with Theo 1689 who is now claiming that Chalcedon should be taken with a grain of salt as if his decades of study and teaching Calvinism now count for nothing. My opinion, Chalcedon's experience should be valuable to both sides.

What do you other posters think? Have some of you seen him here over the 5 years he spoke of? Should Chalcedon be trusted as one who understands Calvinism?

He very seldom participated in open discussions here about Calvinism. He primarily focused on other areas of theology. If what others say is true, you know this personally because you both had extensive arguments of your rejection of the Holy Trinity.

He is overstating his experience. Believing something for a very long time doesn't always mean you've vetted that teaching.

He very seldom participated in open discussions here about Calvinism. He primarily focused on other areas of theology. If what others say is true, you know this personally because you both had extensive arguments of your rejection of the Holy Trinity.

He is overstating his experience. Believing something for a very long time doesn't always mean you've vetted that teaching.
see here where eveyone before your time that are posting in this thread affirm me as a calvinist. I know calvinism much better then you do hands down, as they say the proof is in the puddin.

the FACTS are undeniable and all the accusations prove to be FALSE. The fact is I know calvinism and I know how to argue against it very well, better then most calvinists are able to defend it. In fact the poster who attacks me personally now all of the time was one of the posters who repped me the most and referred to me as an " excellent teacher" .

oh the irony rofl..........

oops

next....

hope this helps !!!

and here

how to shut the mouths of lions :ROFLMAO:

I think that will be a good title for a new thread :ROFLMAO:

oops

the FACTS are undeniable and all the accusations prove to be FALSE. The fact is I know calvinism and I know how to argue against it very well, better then most calvinists are able to defend it. In fact the poster who attacks me personally now all of the time was one of the posters who repped me the most and referred to me as an " excellent teacher" .

oops

next....

hope this helps !!!
Why didn't you set up our zoom call then Johnny? We all could have observed your brilliance. Or lack thereof

Oh, the humility!

Here are some more recent assessments:

So you admit that you're a very lousy teacher.
Thanks for the admission.

Wow... So when someone challenges you to show your teachings from Scripture, you simply disrespect them by "yawning" at them?

What an attrociously inept teacher you are...
(And you can quote me on that.)

Yes, I did say that, way back when. But it looks like I was wrong. Either you have changed to a very POOR teacher now, or you always were a poor teacher, and I was too biased to realize it because we believed the same things. Looking back, you were just curt back then as you are now. I thought you used more and better Scripture back in the day, but you use NONE now. I've asked you COUNTLESS times to provide Scripture for your bogus teachings, and you always IGNORE those posts. I've seen you respond to questions of others with evasion and counter-questions so you refuse to answer their questions. So to clarify the issue (since YOU keep bringing it up), l was probably mistaken by my bias when I said that, and you are CERTAINLY a lousy "teacher" now.

back to ignoring since its predicable with the ad hominems. since you are incapable of refuting my arguments against calvinism I get personally attacked. A sure sign of defeat.

hope this helps !!!

see here where eveyone before your time that are posting in this thread affirm me as a calvinist. I know calvinism much better then you do hands down, as they say the proof is in the puddin.

You can make all the empty claims you want to make. MacArthur provided the majority of what you believed.

You can make all the empty claims you want to make. MacArthur provided the majority of what you believed.
Was he my favorite ? yes

But I didn't quote him no more then I did Sproul or any other Calvinist.

Any more fallacious arguments.

All you do is regurgitate calvin/augustine

See how that works.

oops

oops

next....

hope this helps !!!
It is a warning to us all, not to be too fast to congratulate a poster just because they appear to believe as we do.
My opinion, we do not need to congratulate people because they agree with us, but because they made an excellent argument

Back