Hyper Calvinism defined

Does that mean you rep people just becuase they are calvinist? Not really for the substance of their post?

There are a NUMBER of reasons for "liking" a post:
- agreeing with the entire content;
- agreeing with one particular point;
- encouraging a poster for commenting respectfully;
- presenting a clear, sound argument (even if you disagree with the conclusion);
- encouraging a poster because he agrees with your overall position;
- encouraging a poster for having the patience to answer the same criticism a hundred times;
- I'm sure there are more.

So IMO, it seems not a good idea to read too much into a "like".

There are a NUMBER of reasons for "liking" a post:
- agreeing with the entire content;
- agreeing with one particular point;
- encouraging a poster for commenting respectfully;
- presenting a clear, sound argument (even if you disagree with the conclusion);
- encouraging a poster because he agrees with your overall position;
- encouraging a poster for having the patience to answer the same criticism a hundred times;
- I'm sure there are more.

So IMO, it seems not a good idea to read too much into a "like".
Amazing we have agreed twice today . :)

Here and with MacArthur .

What do you other posters think? Have some of you seen him here over the 5 years he spoke of? Should Chalcedon be trusted as one who understands Calvinism?
Not quite sure on the point you think you can make. Wouldn't ones very committed to Calvinism seeing anybody leave it's way of thinking just be quick to say then he just didn't understand Calvinism? Even if they thought in times past they did they'll just claim well I guess they didn't. You should as well hear the case they make point by point, issue by issue and if their arguments have validity it doesn't even matter if they "understand" ALL Calvinism.

Not quite sure on the point you think you can make. Wouldn't ones very committed to Calvinism seeing anybody leave it's way of thinking just be quick to say then he just didn't understand Calvinism? Even if they thought in times past they did they'll just claim well I guess they didn't. You should as well hear the case they make point by point, issue by issue and if their arguments have validity it doesn't even matter if they "understand" ALL Calvinism.
Since I have been here it seems a huge percentage of posts are more attcking people than discussing scripture. Like I said, this guy's change of view should provoke lots of goof comversation instead of personal attacks

Since I have been here it seems a huge percentage of posts are more attcking people than discussing scripture. Like I said, this guy's change of view should provoke lots of goof comversation instead of personal attacks

He's the SOURCE of the majority of "personal attacks".
That's why I choose to ignore many of his (theologically) empty posts.

can see another ad hominem coming lol.

22When He had said this, one of the officers standing nearby struck Jesus, saying, “Is that the way You answer the high priest?” 23Jesus answered him, “If I have spoken wrongly, testify of the wrong; but if rightly, why do you strike Me?” 24So Annas sent Him bound to Caiaphas the high priest.

# 1,151 , @Alexander the adequate

a change in heart / mind -- proof of ability to learn new things, to follow God / Spirit into new or better understandings (of greater light), to stand up for what one sees as better things / ways of thinking, and not be afraid of those who will say we are wrong ... because we are following the heart of the matter -- that we are able to presently. we walk by faith...

not in any one else's 'god's -- but according to truth and wisdom as God has/ (is) revealed (ing) (in part) to Us -- at the present time (not the past -- that we came out of + from / God has led us further from -- however much / or in what ways He has "for we know in part" -- 1 Corinthians 13:9).

Phil Johnson, who has done extensive research on this subject very helpfully defines hyper-Calvinists using a five-fold definition. A hyper-Calvinist is one who:

1. Denies that the gospel call applies to all who hear, OR
  2. Denies that faith is the duty of every sinner, OR
  3. Denies that the gospel makes any “offer” of Christ, salvation, or mercy to the non-elect (or denies that the offer of divine mercy is free and universal), OR
  4. Denies that there is such a thing as “common grace,” OR
  5. Denies that God has any sort of love for the non-elect.
As Phil says, “All five varieties of hyper-Calvinism undermine evangelism or twist the gospel message.” So this is the key to understanding hyper-Calvinism: it undermines evangelism and/or somehow distorts the gospel message. Hyper-Calvinists emphasize God’s sovereignty but de-emphasize God’s love. They tend to set God’s sovereignty at odds with the clear biblical call to human responsibility.

hope this helps !!!
See here @Alexander the adequate where the above is the definition of hyper by a calvinist.

Back