The difference between Judas and Peter

Judas gave back the money. Judas was remorseful. You can't say anything more than the Scriptures say.

Peter was remorseful. Peter didn't believe the words of Jesus that he was rise from the grave. As much as you want to see them differently in their actions, the only real difference is Peter lived. He wouldn't have if Jesus hadn't chased Peter down.

Why?

The Arminian narrative is that Jesus abandons those that abandon Him.
Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 17:12 - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name:those that thou gavest me I have kept,and none of them is lost, but the son-of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Unchecked Copy Box
2Th 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Judas gave back the money. Judas was remorseful. You can't say anything more than the Scriptures say.

Peter was remorseful. Peter didn't believe the words of Jesus that he was rise from the grave. As much as you want to see them differently in their actions, the only real difference is Peter lived. He wouldn't have if Jesus hadn't chased Peter down.

Why?

The Arminian narrative is that Jesus abandons those that abandon Him.
Unedited Gospel Tract...

Questions about the Bible by Brother C.W. Miller #53

Acts 1:18
; Now this man acquired a field with the reward of his wickedness, and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out.

The person being spoken of here is Judas Iscariot; the man who betrayed Jesus Christ. The Apostle Peter tells us this; “Brothers, the Scripture had to be fulfilled, which the Holy Spirit spoke beforehand by the mouth of David concerning Judas, who became a guide to those who arrested Jesus. For he was numbered among the disciples and was allotted his share in this ministry.” As the author of the book of Acts, Luke goes on to give us this editorial, “(Now this man acquired a field with the reward of his wickedness, and falling headlong he burst open in the middle and all his bowels gushed out. And it became known to all the inhabitants of Jerusalem, so that the field was called in their own language Akeldama, Field of Blood.) "For it is written in the Psalms: 'Let his dwelling place be desolate, And let no one live in it'” Luke says that Judas bought the field…

This passage is often cited as one of the contradictions in the Bible because the Gospel of Matthew tells us this. “Then Judas, his betrayer, seeing that Jesus had been condemned, was remorseful and brought back the thirty pieces of silver to the chief priests and elders, saying, "I have sinned by betraying innocent blood." And they said, "What is that to us? You see to it!" Then he threw down the pieces of silver in the temple and departed, and went and hanged himself. But the chief priests took the silver pieces and said, "It is not lawful to put them into the treasury, because they are the price of blood." And they consulted together and bought with them the potter's field, to bury strangers in. Therefore that field has been called the Field of Blood to this day.” Matthew says that the priests bought the field instead of Judas. You ask, “Why is this not a contradiction?”

The reason it is not a contraction is because of the original prophecy from King David which says, “For it is written in the Book of Psalms: 'Let his dwelling place be desolate, And let no one live in it'” Judas’ spiritual wage purchased his next dwelling place where no one lives; a desolate graveyard. Stolen goods sold at a pawn shop can bring a material wage, but Theft also brings a spiritual wage which the priests who are ministers of the ‘killing letters’ of the Law get to spend for you in your stead; have you ever stolen anything? The priests bought his dwelling place for him surreptitiously because that is all that the blood money could legally buy; and because that is where they found him. The Baptist Theologian John Gill says that the Potters field would have several holes where clay was dug out for pottery, and this field was well suited for a grave site because the potter had already pre dug many ‘graves’. Judas hung himself on a tree over an open grave and stayed there long enough for his bowels to gush out. The odds are that you have stolen, and the priests have spent your spiritual wage against your Will and bought you a grave beside Judas in the Field of Blood where you await the Lake of Fire…

The Bible says that ‘cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree’. Jesus was hung on a Roman cross which the Bible calls a tree, but Judas tells us that Jesus was an innocent man. Jesus lived a life which pleased God and he willingly gave himself up to be ‘accursed’ and die in our place on a tree for the spiritual wages of our Sins. Men came and took Jesus down from the cross and buried him in an unused grave. After three days Jesus rose from the dead, leaving behind an open grave. He is the Savior of all men; especially of those who believe the Gospel. Put Faith in Jesus as your Lord and Savior, and your Sins will be forgiven! You will be taken down from the tree over your unused grave before your spiritual bowels gush out. Because of your Faith you receive the washing of Regeneration, you are born again to new life; everlasting Life!

John 3:18; He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

was Judas then only not a Believer?
did he just accept the Leadership claim/judgement that Jesus was demon possessed? *
or
did he knowingly/willfully rebel against the Son of God?
his own Satan possession influencing that...

my view is that at the end there will be no Atheists - the supernatural will be manifesting openly again on Earth Matt 24:37
most humanity will just be in absolute defiance of God and on the side of Antichrist/Satan and the fallen sons

* starting when Jesus cast demon out of the man who was blind and could not speak

Judas killed himself; therefore, Jesus did not chase after him.
Peter wept and lived, saw and believed at Christ's resurrection; then, Jesus went to the living disciples including Peter while they were fishing.
Again, you are leaving out the fact that Jesus chased Peter. Jesus went to Peter in his unbelief. Jesus did not do this for Judas. Is your only answer that Judas killed himself?

If Judas had not killed himself, would Jesus have chased Judas?

Unchecked Copy Box
Jhn 17:12 - While I was with them in the world, I kept them in thy name:those that thou gavest me I have kept,and none of them is lost, but the son-of perdition; that the scripture might be fulfilled.

Unchecked Copy Box
2Th 2:3 - Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
So you believe Judas will return?

Again, you are leaving out the fact that Jesus chased Peter. Jesus went to Peter in his unbelief. Jesus did not do this for Judas. Is your only answer that Judas killed himself?

Where does the bible say :

Jesus chased Peter ?

next...

The simple truth seem to escape many .
It seems as if you enjoy one liners in your new position. The Truth is what I care about. If this causes division between us, then so be it. The issues isn't mine. I don't expect God to punish you. He is long-suffering to us.

Another similarity between Judas and Peter.

Mat 16:23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Satan entered Judas
Satan in Peter.

evasion I see the truth is Scripture NEVER says what you claim- Jesus chased Peter.

next...
I see you have your pom poms out today.

Where is verse that states Jesus 'chased' Peter?

Where is verse that states Peter and Thomas did not believe, and only Thomas alone believed after he saw the marks on Jesus' body.

I asked you another question. I have been answering your question but I'm going to stop here if you're not going to deal with what I say.

That is the argument you have been making. Either admit that argument is fallacious or answer the question.

evasion I see the truth is Scripture NEVER says what you claim- Jesus chased Peter.

next...

You didn't have that question earlier. Did you just now think of it? Are you struggling?

Notice the words of the "young man" seated in the empty tomb.....

Mar 16:7 But go your way, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee: there shall ye see him, as he said unto you.

Pay attention to the words .....

"tell his disciples"........ AND PETER.....

Peter is singled out here and SEPERATED from the DISCIPLES.

Realize the Scriptures are written for our learning. Scriptures have purpose.

The next time you read the Gospels, pay attention.

Before the cross, Jesus didn't "chase" or "straighten out" Judas at least so "that the scripture may be fulfilled". One of those extremely rare cases where human salvation was in the balance.

Rare cases?

So you're admitting that some people are treated differently when it comes to salvation? Wow.

The Spirit of God was in Jesus Christ during the Advent.
that's not really what it says there -

"When He had been baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened to Him, and He saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting upon Him. 17 And suddenly a voice came from heaven, saying, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” Matt 3

the Holy Spirit works to help facilitate the work of Messiah

Back