The atheist delusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are correct (which I doubt), nothing exists except YOU believe in it.

Strawman. No, if I am correct; nothing can be known to exist without believing it exists in reality. And this is true because belief is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to everyone; including YOU.

Strawman. No, if I am correct; nothing can be known to exist without believing it exists in reality. And this is true because belief is necessary in order to make the truth and reality known to everyone; including YOU.

What an arrangement of words that completely fail to deliver any sense.
Sine many you still are unable to differentiate between “necessary” and “sufficient”.

For all other readers here … Belief is necessary to know something, but Belief is not sufficient. Therefore people are able to believe in something which in reality is not true.

What an arrangement of words that completely fail to deliver any sense.

How come you can't refute it then?

Sine many you still are unable to differentiate between “necessary” and “sufficient”.
For all other readers here … Belief is necessary to know something, but Belief is not sufficient.

Your opinion as to the sufficiency of belief is irrelevant in reality, because belief is necessary and must occur before the truth and reality is known to you. Do you understand what "necessary" means?

Therefore people are able to believe in something which in reality is not true.

Strawman. You are referring to "false beliefs", so you are not denoting the truth or reality.

And when I say 'beliefs'; I am referring to justified true beliefs and denoting beliefs in reality. And not your "false belief" that "false beliefs" are real beliefs that represent reality.

And when I say 'beliefs'; I am referring to justified true beliefs and denoting beliefs in reality. And not your "false belief" that "false beliefs" are real beliefs that represent reality.
Notice Tercon's blatant dishonesty.

Up 'til this post, he's been saying that false beliefs don't EXIST in reality - but now he's trying to make a different claim, by saying they don't "represent" reality.

Everyone reading this thread agrees false beliefs don't represent reality. Only Tercon believes those false beliefs don't exist in it.

Notice Tercon's blatant dishonesty.

Projection.

Up 'til this post, he's been saying that false beliefs don't EXIST in reality - but now he's trying to make a different claim, by saying they don't "represent" reality.

false beliefs don't EXIST in reality = (because) they don't "represent" reality

Everyone reading this thread agrees false beliefs don't represent reality. Only Tercon believes those false beliefs don't exist in it.

If "false beliefs don't represent reality", then false beliefs don't exist in it either, because the only things that 'exist in' reality are those things that represent reality. Understand?

In English, those two phrases are not equivalent. It's considered polite to at least put in SOME effort understanding a language before trying to use it to communicate...

False beliefs exist in reality, even though they do not represent reality.

Does The Lord of The Rings trilogy exist in reality, Tercon?

In English, those two phrases are not equivalent. It's considered polite to at least put in SOME effort understanding a language before trying to use it to communicate...

False beliefs exist in reality, even though they do not represent reality.

Strawman. Actually your problem is that you don't understand how the truth and reality works.

No, what "the Lord of The Rings trilogy" depicts neither 'exists in reality' nor 'represents reality.

Actually your problem is that you don't understand how the truth and reality works.
Projection, and unintentionally-hilarious irony to boot ;)

No, what "the Lord of The Rings trilogy" depicts neither 'exists in reality' nor 'represents reality.
That's not what I asked. Let's try again:

Actually you are the one who believes "false belief are real beliefs" in reality and that makes you delusional.

You do know that "the Lord of The Rings trilogy" is fiction right?

Fiction: Literature in the form of prose, especially short stories and novels, that describes imaginary events and people.

A falsity, but that is often held to be true because it is expedient to do so.

Invention or fabrication as opposed to fact.

What about those the believe in Allah, Mohammed, Shriva, Buddhas, VooDoo … etc etc ?
Those people exist - right ?
Their beliefs exist - right ?

What about those the believe in Allah, Mohammed, Shriva, Buddhas, VooDoo … etc etc ?
Those people exist - right ?

Yes people exist.

You are conflating belief and unbelief, as I don't believe "in Allah, Mohammed, Shriva, Buddhas, VooDoo". You would have ask adherents of these POV rather than me. And it is what we believe that determines if we experience the truth and reality or they don't. But we can't experience the truth and reality with "false beliefs".

If a person believes that everything that makes them know and experience the truth and reality originates in and with God's mind; including the logical truth, consciousness, existence, morality, reality and belief itself is the result of God's mind, then they get to know and experience the truth and reality of God's mind.

Their beliefs exist - right ?

Only justified true beliefs are beliefs in reality.

People who conflate fiction and reality are delusional.

More accurately, people who thing reality isn't fictional are delusional. The question is which one is more dangerous.

No, more accurately, people who make such ooooh, Matrix-y, semi-solipsistic nonsense like that comment are either delusional or poseurs. But whoever does is too self absorbed to be dangerous.

No, more accurately, people who make such ooooh, Matrix-y, semi-solipsistic nonsense like that comment are either delusional or poseurs. But whoever does is too self absorbed to be dangerous.

Well, maybe if they are some fat old men from the past - armchair keyboard warrior of the present on a wobbly soap box with their moon pies and penny whistles rubbing sticky shit all over the antique furniture and high definition video screens. But that's sort of what I was talking about. Not so much the matrix. More like Mr Magoo.

Well, maybe if they are some fat old men from the past - armchair keyboard warrior of the present on a wobbly soap box with their moon pies and penny whistles rubbing sticky shit all over the antique furniture and high definition video screens. But that's sort of what I was talking about. Not so much the matrix. More like Mr Magoo.

Nice fake poetic string of further nonsensical unrelated spillage there. But instead of playing Frank Zappa of the CARM set with some try at experimental blathering (Mr. Magoo wasn't aware he was damn near blind, I get it, oooooooooooh), why not lower yourself to the mundane prosaic realm and enlighten us non-artistic types as to how reality can be fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back