I have a request for two Catholics on here....

Bonnie

Romish and Mysterium Fidei. If you would be willing, could you put down on here the order of service from one of your church bulletins from a Sunday--the liturgy sung, the names of the hymns, the subject of the homily; the Bible readings for that day. I would be interested in comparing the two, since one of you is post Vatican II and the other Pre-Vatican II. That is, if either of you feels inclined to do so. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Or show me where I can find a bulletin online, from both a pre-Vatican and post-Vatican service. Thanks!
I remember in the past, the priest had a choice of readings he could use on a particular day. Also there were slight differences in format he could use.

I remember in the past, the priest had a choice of readings he could use on a particular day. Also there were slight differences in format he could use.
That's still the case. There are options but they're laid out in the lectionary. Also, they're not standardized for weddings or funerals. Any readings can be used as long as the last one is the Gospel.

Romish and Mysterium Fidei. If you would be willing, could you put down on here the order of service from one of your church bulletins from a Sunday--the liturgy sung, the names of the hymns, the subject of the homily; the Bible readings for that day. I would be interested in comparing the two, since one of you is post Vatican II and the other Pre-Vatican II. That is, if either of you feels inclined to do so. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks. :)
The order of the Mass is found in the Missal. It wouldn't help to post a link to the bulletin.

The Ordinary of the Mass are the prayers which stay constant in each Mass.
The Propers are prayers which change for each Mass according to the time of the liturgical year or on the feast of a particular saint.

The Mass begins with the prayers at the foot of the altar:

Introibo ad altare Dei.
The Confiteor is said by the priest and then again by the servers.

Rather than list all the prayers of the Mass in order, maybe it would be helpful for you to watch a video comparing the Latin Mass to the Novus Ordo "mass." There are many of these available.

I'm sure Protestants will find the Novus Ordo "mass" much more familiar and maybe even similar to the service you attend on Sundays.

If you go to the usccb dot org website you can get the readings for the day for post-Vatican.
Thanks, but I wanted to see more than that. I wanted to see from a bulletin from both a pre-Vatican II church service, and one from a Novus Ordum service--not just the Scriptural readings, but liturgy that is sung, the names of the hymns, and the subject of the homily. That sort of thing. :)

The order of the Mass is found in the Missal. It wouldn't help to post a link to the bulletin.

The Propers are prayers which change for each Mass according to the time of the liturgical year or on the feast of a particular saint.

Introibo ad altare Dei.

Rather than list all the prayers of the Mass in order, maybe it would be helpful for you to watch a video comparing the Latin Mass to the Novus Ordo "mass." There are many of these available.

I'm sure Protestants will find the Novus Ordo "mass" much more familiar and maybe even similar to the service you attend on Sundays.

Thank you very much, though the Latin would mean very little to me.

That's still the case. There are options but they're laid out in the lectionary. Also, they're not standardized for weddings or funerals. Any readings can be used as long as the last one is the Gospel.
what is that?

Introibo ad altare Dei.

it's not even close to a gathering / service in a Christian church.

Thank you very much, though the Latin would mean very little to me.
Our school didn't teach Latin. But in the missal it had the Latin and the English underneath. You got to know it. However, I noticed when I was young and Latin was the norm most people just stood their staring into space, rather than following. I always like to know what is going on, so I read my missal.

Well the innovators of the Novus Ordo "mass" thought that by creating a watered down, banal supper service, that would be appealing to Protestants like yourself and would usher in a "new springtime" of growth in the Novus Ordo sect.

Well the innovators of the Novus Ordo "mass" thought that by creating a watered down, banal supper service, that would be appealing to Protestants like yourself and would usher in a "new springtime" of growth in the Novus Ordo sect.
Mother of harlots; never the body of blood washed redeemed sinners.

Your heretic man made religion didn't exist for over 1500 years until after the foundation of the Catholic Church and the sacrifice of the Mass, outside of which there is absolutely no salvation.
God washed me from my sins in his blood, when he delivered me out of the RCC.
Rev 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

mica said:
Well the innovators of the Novus Ordo "mass" thought that by creating a watered down, banal supper service,
that tells ya how much they know about Christianity - nothing.

that would be appealing to Protestants like yourself
I'm not a protestant - you've been on here long enough to know that.

and would usher in a "new springtime" of growth in the Novus Ordo sect.
any growth won't include any believers in Christ. otoh, unbelievers are easily enough deceived by the CC teachings.

I'm not a protestant - you've been on here long enough to know that.
Of course you are. You follow all the tenets of Protestantism.
1.Sola Scriptura
2.Sola fidei
3. The right of individual interpretation of scripture.

These are the 3 tenets of Protestantism begun by the heretic Luther. You follow them, therefore you are a Protestant.

Back