The Prodigal Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you were in Him before the foundation of the world and then you were not in Him and now you're in Him? How does a Calvinist explain that without permanently damaging the Preservation of Saints theory?
I was not in Him until I believed. No one was.
If I were, there is no reason for Paul to say I'm a new creation, old things have passed away, all things have become new, isn't that right? (2 Cor 5:17).

That is also true of putting off the old man and putting on the new man, correct? (Eph 4:22-24).

Your understanding of Ephesians 1 is not only a novelty, it's very, very wrong. ?

I was not in Him until I believed. No one was.
If I were, there is no reason for Paul to say I'm a new creation, old things have passed away, all things have become new, isn't that right? (2 Cor 5:17).

That is also true of putting off the old man and putting on the new man, correct? (Eph 4:22-24).

Your understanding of Ephesians 1 is not only a novelty, it's very, very wrong. ?
Do you believe that you were in Him before the foundation of the world? If so, how does that fit in with your Calvinist PofS theory?

Eph 1:4 "according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,"

Sorry but I think the video you put down is laughable. The guy says sorry God cannot give one free will. Who does he think he is telling God what he can and can't do?

God also can not create a God like himself!

Do you agree?… or is this “telling God what he can and can’t do”?

Last edited:
No definition of free will there. Sorry. It does not even mention free will.

Fail
No Calvinistic predestination or sovereignty, meticulous predeterminism , total depravity, unconditional election , limited atonement, irresistible grace or perseverance of the saints either .

hope this helps !!!

No Calvinistic predestination or sovereignty, meticulous predeterminism , total depravity, unconditional election , limited atonement, irresistible grace or perseverance of the saints either .

hope this helps !!!
Great. So where is our definition of free will found in the Bible?

Do you believe that you were in Him before the foundation of the world? If so, how does that fit in with your Calvinist PofS theory?

It’s not rocket science!

God made you for a purpose and that purpose was determined “before the foundation of the world” (Prov 16:4). If your purpose included that you be “in Christ” then and ultimately saved in the end then it can be said God “chose you in him before the foundation of the world” (Eph 1:4). This purpose plays out IN the time line of creation. You become “in Christ” at the moment God had predetermined that you be in Christ within the time line of creation.

God Planned, Purpose, and Determined All Things “before the foundation of the world”… and this included wether you would be “in Christ” or not.

The “timeline of creation” is the merely the outplay of his purposes.

Eph 1:4 "according as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back