Why the Anomaly?

You can call it whatever you want. Doesn’t make it His.

There is but one name given under heaven whereby one must be saved---and that name is Jesus Christ:

Acts 4:10-12---King James Version
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Mag--if that is true--then churches which carry other names--don't carry names of salvation.

This one does: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

You can have as many false prophets and apostles as you want. Doesn’t make it Christ’s church.

You aren't thinking the traditional Jews of the first century--were referring to the apostles and prophets of the NT account--as true apostles and prophets--are you? To the traditional Jews--they were as false as the church and heavenly experiences which the apostles claimed.

You have no keys!

Yes, Janice--the LDS church can show heavenly events where they received keys--the same as the NT could show heavenly events--with witnesses:

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.

your church has zero respect for the true Jesus Christ of the Bible,

Such as naming their church after the name of Jesus Christ?

Bonnie--The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints isn't named after an ordinary man, such as your church is. I don't find the name of Luther in the Biblical text, and naming one's church after an ordinary man, and claiming it's Christ's church--isn't my idea of respect.

You mean the Church of Jesus Christ... his actual full name, due to our respect and honor we give Him...
That wasn't His name. His parents didn't even speak English and He had no surname.

Matthew 1
21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

and the Baptist have their church, the protestants have their church, the Pentecostalist have their church, the Lutherans have their church, etc, etc. I guess by now you get my point....there are no other Churches that Go by His Name... so we have the Keys, the Priesthood and the name..just another bullseye for the true church and plan of Salvation ... chuckle

I'm sorry for your confusion and for your lack of knowledge. And even worse you think you respect our Savior, then you end your posts with "chuckle."

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. 24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: 25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS.

I'm truly sorry that Mormons don't know Him and don't know that there is only ONE GOD.

your church has zero respect for the true Jesus Christ of the Bible, making him Satan's actual brother (!) in the supposed pre-mortal existence. For shame!

Just having the name "Jesus Christ" in the title is no guarantee a church is Christian. The best example is YOURS.

No, you don't. And your priesthoods are as phony as monopoly money. Show us from the Bible where there are two priesthoods in the NT church, where, in fact, any church worker is called a "priest." In fact if Mormons would read Hebrews without their Mormon spectacles on, they would see that the old Aaronic priesthood is obsolete and no longer necessary in the NEW and BETTER covenant of grace in the blood of Jesus Christ, our great high priest! And they would also see that ONLY Jesus holds the Melchizedek priesthood because ONLY He can save us from our sins and lives forever to intercede for us.

Another bullseye? Yes, on Satan's dartboard! But not on God's!
Amen!

You aren't thinking the traditional Jews of the first century--were referring to the apostles and prophets of the NT account--as true apostles and prophets--are you? To the traditional Jews--they were as false as the church and heavenly experiences which the apostles claimed.
Jews don't determine the faith that God gives. God gave me my faith.

Yes, Janice--the LDS church can show heavenly events where they received keys--the same as the NT could show heavenly events--with witnesses:

D&C 110
1 The veil was taken from our minds, and the eyes of our understanding were opened.
2 We saw the Lord standing upon the breastwork of the pulpit, before us; and under his feet was a paved work of pure gold, in color like amber.
3 His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
5 Behold, your sins are forgiven you; you are clean before me; therefore, lift up your heads and rejoice.
6 Let the hearts of your brethren rejoice, and let the hearts of all my people rejoice, who have, with their might, built this house to my name.
7 For behold, I have accepted this house, and my name shall be here; and I will manifest myself to my people in mercy in this house.
8 Yea, I will appear unto my servants, and speak unto them with mine own voice, if my people will keep my commandments, and do not pollute this holy house.
9 Yea the hearts of thousands and tens of thousands shall greatly rejoice in consequence of the blessings which shall be poured out, and the endowment with which my servants have been endowed in this house.
10 And the fame of this house shall spread to foreign lands; and this is the beginning of the blessing which shall be poured out upon the heads of my people. Even so. Amen.
11 After this vision closed, the heavens were again opened unto us; and Moses appeared before us, and committed unto us the keys of the gathering of Israel from the four parts of the earth, and the leading of the ten tribes from the land of the north.
12 After this, Elias appeared, and committed the dispensation of the gospel of Abraham, saying that in us and our seed all generations after us should be blessed.
13 After this vision had closed, another great and glorious vision burst upon us; for Elijah the prophet, who was taken to heaven without tasting death, stood before us, and said:
14 Behold, the time has fully come, which was spoken of by the mouth of Malachi testifying that he [Elijah] should be sent, before the great and dreadful day of the Lord come
15 To turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the children to the fathers, lest the whole earth be smitten with a curse
16 Therefore, the keys of this dispensation are committed into your hands; and by this ye may know that the great and dreadful day of the Lord is near, even at the doors.
Who wrote that?

Who wrote that?

The same as wrote the Biblical NT scriptures--the living, mortal apostles of Jesus Christ. That's the way of God, Mag. He hasn't changed.

D&C 110

your church has zero respect for the true Jesus Christ of the Bible
You gotta know that isn't true. We have enough respect to at least name our church after his name. Did your church do that? I'd say we have more respect for Him than your church does.
making him Satan's actual brother (!) in the supposed pre-mortal existence. For shame
LOL. The drama. Please tell us who Satan's father is if it isn't the same as Jesus'

So where are the Keys of the Kingdom that can seal those things on earth..... whereby Jesus says to Peter, "I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on Earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on Earth shall be loosed in heaven."
That would depend on what is meant by binding and loosing.

The same as wrote the Biblical NT scriptures--the living, mortal apostles of Jesus Christ. That's the way of God, Mag. He hasn't changed.

D&C 110
Joseph Smith wrote it.

Please explain your inquire!
"That would depend on what is meant by binding and loosing."
So what is meant?

Like Reply
In the verse Jesus is speaking directly to the apostle Peter and indirectly to the other apostles...The expressions “bind” and “loose” were common to Jewish legal phraseology meaning to declare something forbidden or to declare it allowed.

"The keys" of heaven are abilities to open and explain the Gospel truths.

The mormon church does not have the keys to the kingdom of heaven as they present a false works based gospel.

Back