Mormons are required to earn each blessing:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show us from the Bible where Jesus tells us we must follow Mormon rules and regulations, in order to be a "Christian."

That would be easy enough:

Matthew 19:16-19---King James Version
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

So--could anyone explain why the critics here deny that connection? Teach there are no acts of obedience to Jesus Christ which is necessary to inherit eternal life?

Oh, really? OR it could be a tactic to make themselves look legit, when they are not.

IMO--what isn't legit is a church which names themselves after an ordinary man--which claims to be Christ's church. Which teaches a theology which the Biblical text testifies against:

James 2:24---New American Standard Bible
24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Which hasn't any living, mortal apostles and prophets, nor the heavenly appearances--with witnesses--even though they started a new denomination, with a different theology. And yet--not the first heavenly approval.

Like your church! Your church has zero respect for the true Jesus Christ of the Bible

Bonnie--the name of the church is--"The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints". The LDS have a church which is named after the Savior--not after an ordinary man.

And they believe the Biblical witness:

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Sons of your false god, one of many in the universe.

Why is Jesus Christ a "false god"?

You seem to think your are a expert on Temple Ordinances, yet you never been through one...

no, but I watched one online on youtube--twice. Sat thru the whole execrable thing. Blasphemy!
so you have to go to another source for your information and asking LDS Saints is not going to work edit
Nope. I also read a transcript of the dialog recorded by someone who went through it in 1990.

Last edited:
Janice Bower said: ----Mormons have no priesthood and no priesthood keys. It makes no difference what the Bible says if you follow false gods, false prophets, false teachers, etc.

I don't need a preacher or professor to lay out the steps God wants me to take

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dberrie said---But the NT church did--they had the living, mortal apostles and prophets:

Ephesians 2:20---King James Version

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

And this was what they did:

Acts 16:4-5---King James Version
4 And as they went through the cities, they delivered them the decrees for to keep, that were ordained of the apostles and elders which were at Jerusalem.
5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.

Bump for Janice Bower

No need for the phony baloney "priesthoods" of the LDS church.

What is your evidence this is a "phony" priesthood?

Revelation 1:6---King James Version

6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

But the Bible ALSO tells us to contend for the truth, and to expose error.

So--here is a truth you might want to content for:

So--care to "expose" the error there?

You do preach connecting keeping the commandments with eternal life--is an error?

Mary the mother of Christ was in her teens when she married Joseph.. heaven forbid...
What a feeble excuse to attempt to justify Smith's vile behavior!

Was Mary's Joseph married to other teens when he married Mary? Was he married to other men's wives when he wed Mary?

Last edited:
dberrie---What is your evidence this is a "phony" priesthood?

Revelation 1:6---King James Version
6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

So what office in your priesthood is “king?”

The terms "kings" and "priests" are usually associated with the Melchizedek priesthood.

Hebrews 7---King James Version
1 For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;
2 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;
3 Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
4 Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.
5 And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:
6 But he whose descent is not counted from them received tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.
7 And without all contradiction the less is blessed of the better.
8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.
9 And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.
10 For he was yet in the loins of his father, when Melchisedec met him.
11 If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
12 For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.

What a feeble excuse to attempt to justify Smith's vile behavior!
I don't know. God got her pregnant at that tender age. Joseph Smith never did that. It wasn't like he wasn't able to have children. So, what vile behavior are you seeing here? I don't see any at all. I married a girl and never had any kind of sex with her, ever. How vile!

Where did God command polygamy in the Bible? COMMAND it?
In the law of Moses where if a brother die, it was the surviving brother's responsibility not only to take her to wife but to have children with her to produce offspring for an inheritance to the deceased brother and not his own.

That was codified into the law of Moses. Who gave Moses the law? Any ideas?

Why is Jesus Christ a "false god"?
Not one Christian has EVER called our Savior a false god.

The Mormon Jesus is a false god. The multiple Mormon gods are false:

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also...
Doctrine and Covenants 130

1. Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.

[Chorus]
Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
Death cannot conquer the hero again.

Not one Christian has EVER called our Savior a false god.

The Mormon Jesus is a false god. The multiple Mormon gods are false:

22 The Father has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; the Son also...
Doctrine and Covenants 130

1. Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus anointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.

[Chorus]
Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
Death cannot conquer the hero again.
LOL the vitriol boils over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back