God wanted human sacrifices for atonement of sin?

Jesus is not any man. Jesus is God in the flesh. 1John 4:3
And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Looks like your spirit needs an overhaul( renewing of your mind).
Sorry, but the Tanakh teaches FOUR TIMES that God is not a man. If the New Testament contradicts that, it is simply proof that the New Testament is not God's word.

“God is not a man… or a son of man”- Num. 23:19;
“… For he is not a man, that he should repent”-1 Sam. 15:29
“He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court." Job 9:32
"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9

Sorry, but the Tanakh teaches FOUR TIMES that God is not a man. If the New Testament contradicts that, it is simply proof that the New Testament is not God's word.

“God is not a man… or a son of man”- Num. 23:19;
“… For he is not a man, that he should repent”-1 Sam. 15:29
“He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him, that we might confront each other in court." Job 9:32
"For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you." Hosea 11:9
Its not a contradiction. Its your understanding for you were never Born Again. Your conversion was false and still is today. What,s next for you?.

James 1:6-8​

But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Last edited:
Its not a contradiction. Its your understanding for you were never Born Again. Your conversion was false and still is today. What,s next for you?.

As long as you continue to maintain the above assertion taht only those "born again" can understand the scriptures, we really can't have a conversation, because you are basically being an arrogant know-it-all.

As long as you continue to maintain the above assertion taht only those "born again" can understand the scriptures, we really can't have a conversation, because you are basically being an arrogant know-it-all.
For the word of the cross, to them indeed that perish, is foolishness; but to them that are saved, that is, to us, it is the power of God. (1 Corinth 1:18)

John 12:44Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me. 45And he that seeth me seeth him that sent me. 46I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness. 47And if any man hear my words, and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world, but to save the world. 48He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day. 49For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak. Context Context!!!!! Your understanding is flawed.
Matthew 19:17
Why do you ask me about what is good?” Jesus replied. “There is only One who is good. If you want to enter life, keep the commandments.”

Im using it so you wont excuse your ignorance.
It's a worthless endeavor. I do not consider the NT to be any different from the Quran or the Book of Mormon or even Harry Potter. If I used a quote from the Vedas as evidence, do you think that would persuade you? Of course not, because you do not consider it authoritative. In the same way, quoting to me from the New Testament is simply not going to carry any weight.

You've pointed at things that are only inconsistent when one twists what we are saying. That's called you being ignorant or just bearing false witness. I'm choosing to believe you're ignorant as opposed to being willfully sinful.
No, you're actually ignorant yourself.

Correct. Given your wanton refusal to even interact with my actual arguments and your refusal to even read the passages of Scripture I bring up, your theological biases are clearly to blame in this situation.
I've read what you've given. No where does Moses call any of these men YHWH. Neither does Abraham for that matter either.

Yes, to dodge the clear teaching of Genesis 18-19 on YHWH appearing as a man to Abraham. It uses the divine name.
False assertion again. Abraham refers to one of the men as ado-nai, not YHWH. What you're confused about are the men acting in the agency of an emissary, a malach, speaking for YHWH. They are YHWH for all intent, practical purposes to Abraham. The men are speaking prophetically for God.

Discussions of other uses of Elohim are simply irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
No, it goes to the point that men, who aren't divinity, are referred as God. It's on point.

Your simply trying to change the topic because you know how devastating Genesis 18-19 is for your perspective. It's better for you to simply ignore Genesis 18-19 and simply change the topic, like your doing above.
Not at all. Rather I think you don't wont to address Moses calling himself God to Pharaoh because it is devastating to your ideology, the same thing with the other references of men that are called God.

Yes, I can tell the difference. That's why I didn't reference those verses. I recognize other uses of the term Elohim in the OT. How that's relevant to Moses calling a man YHWH is my question.
He didn't call a man YHWH nor was a man named YHWH. Where does he say the man was named YHWH? You're making stuff up.

BTW, do you think Adonijah, David's son, was somehow divinity? What about Elijah, Elisha, Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Hezekiah, etc.?

How many times must I quote Genesis 18-19 for you? Here you go again—Genesis 18:1-2, 10, 13, 17, 20, 22, 26, 33; 19:24. Moses said YHWH appeared to Abraham, and then said Abraham saw three men. As the three men talked with Abraham and Sarah, Moses kept on calling the one speaking YHWH. Seven times through the conversation, he called the man talking with Abraham YHWH. It says the men left, and Moses still talked longer with YHWH. But when we get back to the men, there are only two of them, called angels, who always referred to YHWH as another person as opposed to the discussion with Abraham where Moses says the one speaking was YHWH. And to end it off, "Then YHWH rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from YHWH out of heaven." Everything about this narrative screams at the reader that YHWH appeared to Abraham as a man, and Abraham recognized him as such. This is clear and obvious to anyone reading the text. You just don't believe it for theological reasons. I suggest your theology is wrong; repent and let Scripture teach you what is true as opposed to Rabbis who only desire is not admit any validity to Christian claims.
Again, you've failed to show where Moses called a man YHWH. I suggest you repent of your idolatry, Zech 8:23.

God Bless
He surely has.

Last edited:
Unfortunatley the rich man could not keep them,just like all human beings.
BTW, there's an obligation to bury individuals, especially parents, and this can't be pushed off. So telling someone not to bury their parents is not in keeping with the obligations of the law.

Last edited:
Realize, God said to Moses "But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” Exodus 33:20.
And no one has. Even your NT attests to this.

But, Jacob said "For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
Jacob also said seeing Esau's face was like seeing the face of God. The blessings of deliverance are equated with God's face, His presence, Numbers 6:24-26. His back with forgiveness, Isaiah 38:17; Exodus 34:6-7.

So, you need to understand context.

BTW, do you believe Moses lied when he said he was God before Pharaoh, Exodus 7:1, or that judges are God in Exodus 21:6,22:8-9; Psalm 82:6; etc.?

Genesis 32:30, and Isaiah said "In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple." and "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, YHWH of hosts!” Isaiah 6:1, 5. Obviously, there is a sense in which one cannot see God; but there are also other recognizable ways in which one can see God, unless you want to call Jacob and Isaiah liars. That's all I'm getting at here.
The visions of Isaiah are just that... visions.

You've pointed at things that are only inconsistent when one twists what we are saying. That's called you being ignorant or just bearing false witness. I'm choosing to believe you're ignorant as opposed to being willfully sinful.
No, you're actually ignorant yourself.
DoctrinesofGraceBapt said:
Correct. Given your wanton refusal to even interact with my actual arguments and your refusal to even read the passages of Scripture I bring up, your theological biases are clearly to blame in this situation.
I've read what you've given. No where does Moses call any of these men YHWH. Neither does Abraham for that matter either.

I've listed it for you countless times. If you refuse to recognize something that obvious, nothing else can be said.

Yes, to dodge the clear teaching of Genesis 18-19 on YHWH appearing as a man to Abraham. It uses the divine name.
False assertion again. Abraham refers to one of the men as ado-nai, not YHWH. What you're confused about are the men acting in the agency of an emissary, a malach, speaking for YHWH. They are YHWH for all intent, practical purposes to Abraham. The men are speaking prophetically for God.

Abraham refers to one of these men as adonai, and Moses uses the divine name express who this man was in respondence.

Discussions of other uses of Elohim are simply irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
No, it goes to the point that men, who aren't divinity, are referred as God. It's on point.

A point that is simply irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Your simply trying to change the topic because you know how devastating Genesis 18-19 is for your perspective. It's better for you to simply ignore Genesis 18-19 and change the topic, like your doing above.
Not at all. Rather I think you don't wont to address Moses calling himself God to Pharaoh because it is devastating to your ideology, the same thing with the other references of men that are called God.

I already admitted that Moses called himself God to Pharaoh. So, what's you point? Oh yeah, you're simply trying to change the topic because you know how devastating Genesis 18-19 is for your perspective. It's better for you to simply ignore Genesis 18-19 and change the topic, like your doing above.

Yes, I can tell the difference. That's why I didn't reference those verses. I recognize other uses of the term Elohim in the OT. How that's relevant to Moses calling a man YHWH is my question.
He didn't call a man YHWH nor was a man named YHWH. Where does he say the man was named YHWH? You're making stuff up.
BTW, do you think Adonijah, David's son, was somehow divinity? What about Elijah, Elisha, Daniel, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Hezekiah, etc.?

He did call a man YHWH. Either YHWH appeared before Abraham in Genesis 18:1, or Moses lied.

How many times must I quote Genesis 18-19 for you? Here you go again—Genesis 18:1-2, 10, 13, 17, 20, 22, 26, 33; 19:24. Moses said YHWH appeared to Abraham, and then said Abraham saw three men. As the three men talked with Abraham and Sarah, Moses kept on calling the one speaking YHWH. Seven times through the conversation, he called the man talking with Abraham YHWH. It says the men left, and Moses still talked longer with YHWH. But when we get back to the men, there are only two of them, called angels, who always referred to YHWH as another person as opposed to the discussion with Abraham where Moses says the one speaking was YHWH. And to end it off, "Then YHWH rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from YHWH out of heaven." Everything about this narrative screams at the reader that YHWH appeared to Abraham as a man, and Abraham recognized him as such. This is clear and obvious to anyone reading the text. You just don't believe it for theological reasons. I suggest your theology is wrong; repent and let Scripture teach you what is true as opposed to Rabbis who only desire is not admit any validity to Christian claims.
Again, you've failed to show where Moses called a man YHWH. I suggest you repent of your idolatry, Zech 8:23.

If you refuse to recognize something that obvious, nothing else can be said.

God Bless

Realize, God said to Moses "But,” he said, “you cannot see my face, for man shall not see me and live.” Exodus 33:20.
And no one has. Even your NT attests to this.
But, Jacob said "For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
Jacob also said seeing Esau's face was like seeing the face of God. The blessings of deliverance are equated with God's face, His presence, Numbers 6:24-26. His back with forgiveness, Isaiah 38:17; Exodus 34:6-7.

So, you need to understand context.

Genesis 32:30 isn't a metaphor or simile. It isn't found in a poetic/figurative genre. So, you're saying Jacob lied when he said "I have seen God face to face". Well, if that's how you justify your theology, nothing else can be said. You don't believe what Scripture proclaims.

BTW, do you believe Moses lied when he said he was God before Pharaoh, Exodus 7:1, or that judges are God in Exodus 21:6,22:8-9; Psalm 82:6; etc.?

There is a category difference between saying "For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.” and claiming to be a god to/before Pharaoh. Nothing Moses says in Exodus 7:1 was meant to imply something ontological about Moses. It's describing the relationship between Moses and Pharaoh. However, Jacob's astonishment at still being alive alone demands the reader see Genesis 32:30 as making an ontological statement about the one with whom Jacob wrested.

Genesis 32:30, and Isaiah said "In the year that King Uzziah died I saw the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up; and the train of his robe filled the temple." and "Woe is me! For I am lost; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, YHWH of hosts!” Isaiah 6:1, 5. Obviously, there is a sense in which one cannot see God; but there are also other recognizable ways in which one can see God, unless you want to call Jacob and Isaiah liars. That's all I'm getting at here.
The visions of Isaiah are just that... visions.

So, there are also other recognizable ways in which one can see God.

God Bless

Genesis 32:30 isn't a metaphor or simile. It isn't found in a poetic/figurative genre. So, you're saying Jacob lied when he said "I have seen God face to face". Well, if that's how you justify your theology, nothing else can be said. You don't believe what Scripture proclaims.
Rotfl.... first off, there are no capitals in Hebrew, as well in Greek. As I think you know, or you should know, angels are called God too. Again, when men, prophets, kings, angels, judges, etc., act in place of God, they are God. It's not difficult to understand.

There is a category difference between saying "For I have seen God face to face, and yet my life has been delivered.”
How so? The term panai with respect to God is used to denote acceptance or favor/facing towards, or displeasure/facing away.

You just don't understand Jewish thought. No surprise.

and claiming to be a god to/before Pharaoh. Nothing Moses says in Exodus 7:1 was meant to imply something ontological about Moses.
You're showing your bias here. Nothing is implied ontological in your examples as well.

It's describing the relationship between Moses and Pharaoh.
It shows Moses was God. Moses wrote it that way.

However, Jacob's astonishment at still being alive alone demands the reader see Genesis 32:30 as making an ontological statement about the one with whom Jacob wrested.
No, you demand, the context doesn't. Again, your bias is shown. Do you really think the God can't out wrestle a mortal man? Rotfl...

So, there are also other recognizable ways in which one can see God.
Yes, and it doesn't have to be physical. Rather it can't be.

God Bless
He sure has.

I've listed it for you countless times. If you refuse to recognize something that obvious, nothing else can be said.
Just having a verse say YHWH spoke doesn't say nor mean a man was called YHWH. Do you know the difference?

Abraham refers to one of these men as adonai, and Moses uses the divine name express who this man was in respondence.
No, the man spoke for YHWH. That's how emissaries work. In Genesis 18-19, they speak prophetically as well.

Do you want a link to Jewish emissaries for some background to help you out?

A point that is simply irrelevant to the discussion at hand.
It's on point. You're flippantly disregarding them because they debunk your ideology. Be consistent.

I already admitted that Moses called himself God to Pharaoh. So, what's you point?
Then you must accept Moses is divine or you're biased in your thinking.

Moses also wrote that judges, kings, Abraham, angels, are God. Why do you avoid that? Because it doesn't fit your paradigm?

Oh yeah, you're simply trying to change the topic because you know how devastating Genesis 18-19 is for your perspective.
Rotfl... no, I'm showing a consistency which you don't.

It's better for you to simply ignore Genesis 18-19 and change the topic, like your doing above.
No, I've addressed any issues you have. I really don't care that you don't like them.

He did call a man YHWH. Either YHWH appeared before Abraham in Genesis 18:1, or Moses lied.
I still don't see where a man is said to be named YHWH. What I do see is the agency of a shaliach, emissary, in action.

So you agree Moses was God too. Did he lie in Exodus 7:1?

If you refuse to recognize something that obvious, nothing else can be said.
I've debunked your ideas. Nothing else left to be said.

God Bless
He surely has.

Last edited:
Back