How to know that God exists.

So how could God foreknow their acceptance or rejection of His love for them?
If he cannot foresee the consequences of actions without having to take them, he is not all-knowing.

In fact, he is less all-knowing than we are, because we can do it -
"if I do A, X, Y, and Z will ensue, and those are bad. So I won't do A."
Also, if anyone's father or mother were uncreated because they rejected the love of God any sons and daughters who accepted God would cease to be.
He can create those "missing" people in the wombs of believers, can't he?

You are putting some serious limitations on this god's power...

If he cannot foresee the consequences of actions without having to take them, he is not all-knowing.

In fact, he is less all-knowing than we are, because we can do it -
"if I do A, X, Y, and Z will ensue, and those are bad. So I won't do A."

He can create those "missing" people in the wombs of believers, can't he?

You are putting some serious limitations on this god's power...
God has had eternity to formulate His blueprint for Creation so obviously He has eliminated all other supposed "trial runs", "alternate realities", or "parallel Universes" for this one in which those who accept His Love as demonstrated in the sacrifice of Christ for the sins of the world, are received to everlasting glory, and those who reject it are damned to separation from Him.

1Co 1:18 For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are dying, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

God has had eternity to formulate His blueprint for Creation so obviously He has eliminated all other supposed "trial runs", "alternate realities", or "parallel Universes" for this one in which those who accept His Love as demonstrated in the sacrifice of Christ for the sins of the world, are received to everlasting glory, and those who reject it are damned to separation from Him.
You are merely stating the way (you think) things are, not explaining why my way is not better.

If a world where no free person goes to hell is logically possible - and you have not shown that it is not - why isn't the world this way?

Hi everyone, it is most intellectually enriching that people should not only know the God as written about in the Bible, but also in particular the God as man knows from his intelligent search for the ultimate cause of man and the universe and everything beautiful.

--------------

There are three ways man comes to know the existence of God:

1. By man's intelligence and his rational faculty and his reasoning process.
2. By reading the Bible for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and the Koran for Muslims.
3. By meditation.

I Yrger know God exists by the No. 1 way.

Very briefly:
a. Man is a transient entity i.e. he is here today and then after some years of life like as much as 90 years plus, he dies.
b. The transient existence of man inevitably implicates the existence of God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.
c. So, we are the evidence for the existence of God.
d. Therefore God exists.

Hi everyone devotee of the bible, you do notice that you all can cite all kinds of words in the bible to support your respective contention that God favors your interpretation of this or that doctrine and moral discipline.

The end consequence from your everyone's citations is a noisy inter-conflicting cacophony of bigotric self-infallible kill-hard fundamentalists.

There are more than 45,000 denominations globally. Followers of Jesus span the globe. . . . the global body of more than 2 billion Christians is separated into thousands of denominations.

Hi everyone devotee of the bible, you do notice that you all can cite all kinds of words in the bible to support your respective contention that God favors your interpretation of this or that doctrine and moral discipline.

The end consequence from your everyone's citations is a noisy inter-conflicting cacophony of bigotric self-infallible kill-hard fundamentalists.

There are more than 45,000 denominations globally. Followers of Jesus span the globe. . . . the global body of more than 2 billion Christians is separated into thousands of denominations.
The battle now is against three unclean spirits like frogs that come out of the MOUTH of the Dragon -the red Dragon, a religious and satanic MONSTER having 7 heads, 10 horns and a terrible TAIL,- and out of the MOUTH of the Beast -the Gentile Man Beast having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the NAME of blasphemy- VICARIVS FILII DEI- 666 - and his false Christianity through an gigantic, and idolater and satanic religious structures- the Roman Catholic Church- the Great Whore - which RIDES UPON THE GENTILE BEAST-THE POPE, THE PAPACY- with headquarter in the Vatican City- Rome- , and out of the MOUTH of the False Prophet, the falsee messiah of the Jews, an ESOTERIC, AND KABBALISTIC, AND SPIRITIST MESSIAH, the own Satan incarnated, aa former cherub, the MAN OF SIN, son of perdition. Yeah, the BAttle is against THE RELIGIOUS AND SATANIC POWER of that SATANIC TRINITY, the Antichrist Power. For they are the spirits of demons, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of this great Day of God Almighty - as JESUS said in Revelation 16:v.13 to 16.
THE WORD IS GOD, He is from everlasting to everlasting, He has not beginning neither ending, JESUS is the beginning and the ending, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD (the Devil's world) are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of His Christ; and He shall reign for ever and ever.

And the nations will be angry -FURIOUS-, but GOD's WRATH is come - and is already working against the wicked nations-, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged, and that GOD should give reward unto His servants the prophets, and to the saints- the TRUE disciples of JESUS-, and to them that fear His name - JESUS - , small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready, yeah, get ready

Hi everyone, it is most intellectually enriching that people should not only know the God as written about in the Bible, but also in particular the God as man knows from his intelligent search for the ultimate cause of man and the universe and everything beautiful.
--------------

2. By reading the Bible for Christians and Orthodox Jews, and the Koran for Muslims.
3. By meditation.

Very briefly:
a. Man is a transient entity i.e. he is here today and then after some years of life like as much as 90 years plus, he dies.
b. The transient existence of man inevitably implicates the existence of God as the permanent self-existent creator and operator of man and the universe and everything transient.
d. Therefore God exists.
FAKE

I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the Dragon - the red Dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan - , and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled:

But the fearful(the cowards among the believers), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

--------------

3. By meditation.

Very briefly:
d. Therefore God exists.

Actually according to the Bible there is only one (1) way that man knows God; and that's because they believe in accordance with Him and as He believes.

Thomas saith to him, `Sir, we have not known whither thou goest away, and how are we able to know the way?' Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me; if ye had known me, my Father also ye would have known, and from this time ye have known Him, and have seen Him.'
Philip saith to him, `Sir, shew to us the Father, and it is enough for us;' Jesus saith to him, `So long time am I with you, and thou hast not known me, Philip? he who hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how dost thou say, Shew to us the Father?
Believest thou not that I [am] in the Father, and the Father is in me? the sayings that I speak to you, from myself I speak not, and the Father who is abiding in me, Himself doth the works; believe me, that I [am] in the Father, and the Father in me; and if not, because of the works themselves, believe me.
`Verily, verily, I say to you, he who is believing in me, the works that I do -- that one also shall do, and greater than these he shall do, because I go on to my Father; and whatever ye may ask in my name, I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if ye ask anything in my name I will do [it]. (John 14:5-14)

I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the Dragon - the red Dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan - , and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled:

But the fearful(the cowards among the believers), and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, AND ALL LIARS, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Do you think that any of this is convincing to an atheist?

You mean that God will put people in hell just because they don't know Him, as they don't know the existence of the bible.
Nope.
Humans are spiritually dead to God, due to Adam's sin. We've inherited his nature.
This is why Jesus came. To wholly restore us to a right relationship with God.
Jesus said that unless we are born again we cannot enter or see God's Kingdom.
He further stated that unless we have a righteousness that exceeds mere outward morality, and is a genuine righteousness, we cannot enter the Kingdom of God.
He further stated that unless we become as little children, we shall by no means enter the Kingdom of God.
So, if someone is lacking these attributes, there's no way they can get into God's Kingdom. It is that simple.
It's like an electric circuit. You can flip switches all day long, but unless there's a current flowing through the line.... you're not going to have any power.

That is absurd from your part, as you are making out God to be without any senses of justice at all - no justice in God means no holiness in God.
No. You're actually trying to figure this out based entirely on your own beliefs and assumptions about God.

This is exactly why I explained to you previously, that it's exceedingly important to come to YHVH on YHVH's terms. And those terms are defined in the bible.

I give up on you, SteveB, you just keep on and on making out God to be unjust wherefore unholy, just because you hold that no matter how ignorant innoncently ignorant they be, they are already condemned by God, owing to the bible saying that God had condemned everyone, because the parents of mankind, Adam and Eve committed the offense of disobedience etc etc etc .
You're the one who keeps imposing your own beliefs and assumptions about him on what the bible says about it.

YHVH's justice and his holiness are depicted quite clearly in the bible.

Those who believe him will be saved.
Those who believe themselves, and others, or refuse to believe him will perish.

Rom 5:17-21 WEB 17 For if by the trespass of the one, death reigned through the one; so much more will those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life through the one, Jesus Christ. 18 So then as through one trespass, all men were condemned; even so through one act of righteousness, all men were justified to life. 19 For as through the one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the one, many will be made righteous. 20 The law came in that the trespass might abound; but where sin abounded, grace abounded more exceedingly, 21 that as sin reigned in death, even so grace might reign through righteousness to eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We who believe in Jesus are freed from the consequences of Adam's sin, and subsequently our own sin.

Back