Is the Father called "my God" in John 20:28?

I've lost the gist of your argument. I don't know where you're coming from, or where you are going.
interesting....

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
John 3:8

Its God working in the mind of the believer who knows the Holy Spirit. They will confuse the heck out of the natural man who so happens to be religious without knowing the Spirit's enabling power of grace.

You can have the same grace, too. But one must believe in the actual Jesus Christ to do so. Being merely religious and functioning in shallow human logic will not be able to follow.

"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?"

Galatians 4:16

We think in terms of serving God. Not in terms of serving a Trinity, who so happens to be God.

I serve the Holy Spirit and the Son. But, in doing so, I find myself serving God.

Not if Jesus is correct--John 4:22-24--he clearly said there the true followers would worship his Father in spirit and truth, not to Father, son and holy spirit. Thus all lacking truth , their worship will not be accepted. And are not true followers.

interesting....

The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going.
So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”
John 3:8

Its God working in the mind of the believer who knows the Holy Spirit. They will confuse the heck out of the natural man who so happens to be religious without knowing the Spirit's enabling power of grace.

You can have the same grace, too. But one must believe in the actual Jesus Christ to do so. Being merely religious and functioning in shallow human logic will not be able to follow.

"So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?"

Galatians 4:16
You have become my enemy by looking down on me as if I was your inferior.

Notice how you changed what the Greek actually says. adding "i.e. in agreement." Who is the charlatan now? Don't even think of criticizing me.
"in agreement" is what "in one" means in the Greek (it's not acceptable English as it stands: no-one would ever use such a phrase in English). Go look it up on the NET bible (one of your favourites I would assume since you prefer the opinions of scholars).

You have become my enemy by looking down on me as if I was your inferior.

You may have a higher IQ than me, humanly speaking .

Not as an 'inferior.' As one being in an inferior position that your bad choices have placed you in.

Not if Jesus is correct--John 4:22-24--he clearly said there the true followers would worship his Father in spirit and truth, not to Father, son and holy spirit. Thus all lacking truth , their worship will not be accepted. And are not true followers.

You did not understand what I said...

We think in terms of serving God. Not in terms of serving a Trinity, who so happens to be God.

I serve the Holy Spirit and the Son. But, in doing so, I find myself serving God.

The Holy Spirit is in Christians, and we need to submit to His leading and guidance.

"For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13​

We are not commanded to be filled with the Father, are we? But, to be filled with the Holy Spirit. That passage reveals that the Holy Spirit is God.

If you can't deal with it? Fine.

You did not understand what I said...

The Holy Spirit is in Christians, and we need to submit to His leading and guidance.

"For God is the One working in you both to will and to work according to His good pleasure." Philippians 2:13​

We are not commanded to be filled with the Father, are we? But, to be filled with the Holy Spirit. That passage reveals that the Holy Spirit is God.

If you can't deal with it? Fine.

The holy spirit is Gods active force, not a living being.

The holy spirit is Gods active force, not a living being.

You accept thinking that way. Because? You do not have the Holy Spirit. Not all spirit power is the same God/god.

The Holy Spirit is much more than a force.

And? A force can not be grieved...

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you
were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30

Just an active force.... ?

Can you grieve lightning?

Can you grieve an atomic bomb?

Can you grieve mob opinion?

You may have a higher IQ than me, humanly speaking .

Not as an 'inferior.' As one being in an inferior position that your bad choices have placed you in.
Well, it's your bad choice to sit in judgement on me (cf. Matt 7.1). May be if you practiced the religion you preach, I could respect you more.

"in agreement" is what "in one" means in the Greek (it's not acceptable English as it stands: no-one would ever use such a phrase in English). Go look it up on the NET bible (one of your favourites I would assume since you prefer the opinions of scholars).
Wrong! On more than one point. One version is not decisive.

Well, it's your bad choice to sit in judgement on me (cf. Matt 7.1). May be if you practiced the religion you preach, I could respect you more.

There is a difference between what is self righteous judgement.... "Thou shall not judge."

And, discernment. A grace oriented form of judgement that comes from knowledge understood in the filling of the Spirit.

Sad to say... Its a category of knowledge that you have yet to understand in the grace of the Spirit.
But, you could understand it if you experience a change in heart. Its not difficult when God grants it to happen.

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one."

1 Corinthians 2:15​

One who walks in your shoes is not yet equipped with the needed spiritual apparatus to be able to properly judge what a mature Christian is.
God must do the work to get believers to this point in maturity. Which requires times of suffering and learning for the prize to be gained.

You can only hit back at me with what you subjectively identify with as like when you judge another. What I judge (evaluate) about you is impersonal. I wish you no harm. I desire not to make myself higher than you. I really wish you could be someday understanding what I speak of...

If I saw myself as superior? I would see no hope in you. God's grace can make you to become what God desires you to become. It becomes having a sense a knowing, like certain birds instinctively know to fly to a warmer climate before winter comes. You just find yourself knowing what is needed because one makes himself available to serious accurate Bible study.

grace and peace .......

You accept thinking that way. Because? You do not have the Holy Spirit. Not all spirit power is the same God/god.

The Holy Spirit is much more than a force.

And? A force can not be grieved...

And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you
were sealed for the day of redemption." Ephesians 4:30

Just an active force.... ?

Can you grieve lightning?

Can you grieve an atomic bomb?

Can you grieve mob opinion?

it is God who sends that force.
Fact--- The holy spirit has no name-Every living being does.
Fact-The Father and son both sit on thrones-Holy spirit-0
At John 17:3 one must know the Father and Jesus to get eternal life, Holy spirit-0
The Father shares certain things with the son, Holy spirit-0

Catholicisms own encyclopedia says in most instances about the holy spirit--it is not as a living being.
The bible as well personifies--wisdom, sin, death, water, blood, but they arent living beings .

it is God who sends that force.
Fact--- The holy spirit has no name-Every living being does.
Fact-The Father and son both sit on thrones-Holy spirit-0
At John 17:3 one must know the Father and Jesus to get eternal life, Holy spirit-0
The Father shares certain things with the son, Holy spirit-0

Catholicisms own encyclopedia says in most instances about the holy spirit--it is not as a living being.
The bible as well personifies--wisdom, sin, death, water, blood, but they arent living beings .
You are not going to hurt anyone but yourself, and others like you. Those who are being led by the Spirit might pity you. But, they do not dwell on it. For we are commanded to redeem the time.

Jehovah Witness are demonically inspired... And Satan does quote Scripture...

You are not going to hurt anyone but yourself, and others like you. Those who are being led by the Spirit might pity you. But, they do not dwell on it. For we are commanded to redeem the time.

Jehovah Witness are demonically inspired... And Satan does quote Scripture...

I have studied both sides since 1961, i have carefully studied Jesus teachings--Jesus teachings and facts of true God worship history back the JW teachers 100%. Its Jesus you are calling demonic in your darkness. He is the head of the JW religion.

I have studied both sides since 1961, i have carefully studied Jesus teachings--Jesus teachings and facts of true God worship history back the JW teachers 100%. Its Jesus you are calling demonic in your darkness. He is the head of the JW religion.

"Always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth."

Study all you want. And, study some more.

Without the Holy Spirit opening the eyes of your heart? You will never will be able to come to a full knowledge of the Truth.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you
all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
John 14:26

There is a difference between what is self righteous judgement.... "Thou shall not judge."

And, discernment. A grace oriented form of judgement that comes from knowledge understood in the filling of the Spirit.

Sad to say... Its a category of knowledge that you have yet to understand in the grace of the Spirit.
But, you could understand it if you experience a change in heart. Its not difficult when God grants it to happen.

But he who is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is rightly judged by no one."

1 Corinthians 2:15​

One who walks in your shoes is not yet equipped with the needed spiritual apparatus to be able to properly judge what a mature Christian is.
God must do the work to get believers to this point in maturity. Which requires times of suffering and learning for the prize to be gained.

You can only hit back at me with what you subjectively identify with as like when you judge another. What I judge (evaluate) about you is impersonal. I wish you no harm. I desire not to make myself higher than you. I really wish you could be someday understanding what I speak of...

If I saw myself as superior? I would see no hope in you. God's grace can make you to become what God desires you to become. It becomes having a sense a knowing, like certain birds instinctively know to fly to a warmer climate before winter comes. You just find yourself knowing what is needed because one makes himself available to serious accurate Bible study.

grace and peace .......
Since you presume to sit on judgement on me, I will see you and treat you as a Pharisee. Besides which, you don't even know the board rules.

Last edited:
"Always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth."

Study all you want. And, study some more.

Without the Holy Spirit opening the eyes of your heart? You will never will be able to come to a full knowledge of the Truth.

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you
all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you."
John 14:26

Here is great reminder of what Jesus teaches-John 17:3--The one who sent him= Father is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. So the question is--Why wont you believe Jesus if you are his follower?

There is no name at Matt 28:19--there are 3 titles, that do just the Fathers will. Gods name is YHWH(Jehovah) --What dont you understand in Isaiah when it says--I am YHWH(Jehovah) besides me there is no other God.
You can stand in opposition or get with the fact that God put his name in his written word nearly 7000 places because he wants it there. Its satan who doesnt want his name known. Jesus promised to keep on making it known( John 17:26) because its his Fathers will for that name to be known and used. You are being mislead by satans will. In Ezekial about 20 x where the name belongs this is what God says about these last days--They will have to know i am YHWH(Jehovah)--one can get on board with him now or find out the hard way they were mislead into not entering Gods kingdom by satans will. By using altered translations that have removed the name by satans will. We all must choose with our free will whose will we support.
ONE name, NOT titles, names, at Matthew 28:19.
BTW Jesus NEVER used the name YHWH.

Back